Proposed changes to the R3E Club

Lars Hansen

Buggered if I know.....
Greetings gentlemen,

It should come as no surprise that the R3E Club is going from strength to strength, in no small part thanks to you guys.
It has in fact grown so successful that it's started to become slightly difficult to balance the need of both the older members wanting powerful cars, and the need to have some low-power stuff for our more recent members.
Furthermore, I wanted to re-design the Rookie Race concept so the trainees had a more practical session aimed directly at a later race.

So with that in mind, your fearless leaders (that would be me and Kenny :D ) have come up with a solution to test out.
But since we don't want to just drag the club-members into something without given them a chance to respond, here's your chance to give some feed-back.

The pitch is a bi-weekly schedule along these lines:

Week 1.
Tuesday: Grab-bag day. Less used content, new releases, or just the odd stuff.
Or in other words, same as now, basically.

Thursday: WTCC, as always.

Saturday: GTR3s as a fixed entry every other Saturday.

Sunday: Low-power stuff. NSUs, Audi TTs, the upcoming FR Junior, maybe Silhouettes.

Week 2.
Tuesday: Same as above

Thursday: Same as above.

Saturday: Low-power stuff, with a 2 hour practice period. The first hour of which is reserved for people who want 'lessons' in driving that particular combo.

Sunday: High-power stuff. GT3s, Group 5s, P1/P2, and so on.

The main idea here is that whether you're interested in high-power or low-power stuff, you have a race every weekend, two if you want both.
And again, this is meant as a test.
If it's a success, great. If not, we simply revert to the current schedule.
My main concern is that we could possibly 'overload' the schedule, and end up having many races but few drivers in each, but I'm more than happy to give it a whirl.

So what do you guys think. Good idea? Bad idea? Completely indifferent?
As always, speak up if you want to be heard. :)

Finally, let me say that this whole thing started with Shawn Jacobs springing the idea of a fixed GTR3 Saturday.
So if any of you have thoughts or ideas re. the club, let either Kenny or me know.
We won't promise we can integrate all or any of them, but I can assure you that we'll listen.

To accommodate both groups (High & low hp), why not have more multi-class races?
I also like a specific day for a specific combo or car.
The track would also determine what cars are included.
It's difficult. Having a multi-class race with not enough people to have a proper field is self defeating too.

Just some ideas....
P1/GT3
DTM 13-15/DTM 92
G5/Touring classics
GTR2/Audi TT
GTR3/WTCC
P2/GTO/M1 Procar
GTR1/Silhouettes?
FR2/ADAC
Audi TT/NSUs
I dont know...something like that? Wow too many classes.

Maybe rotate the current popular cars (GTR3) at both ends of the spectrum? So they show up more often. Just isn't enough days in the week to get through the different combinations or cars.

On the other side - Switching classes so often doesn't allow you to become intimately familiar with a specific class of cars. Maybe run a for fun championship (or multi-class championship) of our own making? That would allow us to drive only that type of car so we can come to grips with it over a longer period of time?

I'll tell you though, once that 300zx and Mustang come out....I will drive the heck out of those machines.

You guys have a tough job ahead! But have been doing great!
Much appreciated to you and Kenny.

Having a multi-class race with not enough people to have a proper field is self defeating too.
Which is why I would suggest to not do multi-class more often than once every two or three weeks. If the participation in multi-class races in AMS is anything to go by then it seems that people like it as a refresher/something a bit different, but if you run multi-class very often then you end up with a small grid of people who are very dedicated to sim/multi-class racing specifically. People who like multi-class racing as a novelty/something different and refresing, don't necessarily want to sign up for an endurance race every single week, like you would do with WTCC or GT3 cars. A monthly event with plenty of time to prepare and sign up wouuld be ideal for that kind of thing (judging from other leagues and forums I participated in that is).

I suppose we could move WTCC to a Tuesday, Friday nights are out for me I could probably set the server but no racing. Of course as summer approaches we know grid sizes drop and some flexibility is needed but we can cross that bridge when we come to it.

In all honesty, I'd prefer to keep it at Thursdays as well.
It's not that I don't see the argument re. the AMS WTCC, it's just that I'm a little loath to mess with what is arguably the mainstay of the club.
However, if enough people want it moved, I'll try anything once (except Macau).

In all honesty, I'd prefer to keep it at Thursdays as well.
It's not that I don't see the argument re. the AMS WTCC, it's just that I'm a little loath to mess with what is arguably the mainstay of the club.
However, if enough people want it moved, I'll try anything once (except Macau).
My preference is for Thursdays as well, it breaks the weeks racing up and is as you say a mainstay, although I think we are going to have to probably stop including the 2013 cars in a mix or just run them occasionally on their own.

I agree with Kenny and Lars too. WTCC on a Thursday. :thumbsup:
By the way, the new update has done wonders for this Sim. For me the FFB is sublime now and the latest cars handle fantastic.
ps, the new P2 class is ace too.:)

Wow I'm slow to the party, only just noticed this thread lol (not good when I started the ball rolling)

So yeah, personally like the idea of a consistent gt3 theme, it always seems to get awesome numbers and to me the gt3s are my favourite of all in this game. Would love to hear others thoughts specifically on the fortnightly saturday night big gt3 "event".

Also just re start times (this is partially for selfish reasons re the time I have to drag myself out of bed to take part) what do people think of the gt3 event starting a bit later?

Timings just for gt3 Saturday
1830 GMT/1930 BST 1 hour practice (or even an hour earlier and go for 2 hours)
1930 GMT/2030 BST 30 min qualifying
2000 GMT/2100 BST 1 hour race

Would still be all wrapped around 10pm at night and hopefully most people don't work Sunday.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
Wow I'm slow to the party, only just noticed this thread lol (not good when I started the ball rolling)

So yeah, personally like the idea of a consistent gt3 theme, it always seems to get awesome numbers and to me the gt3s are my favourite of all in this game. Would love to hear others thoughts specifically on the fortnightly saturday night big gt3 "event".

Also just re start times (this is partially for selfish reasons re the time I have to drag myself out of bed to take part) what do people think of the gt3 event starting a bit later?

Would still be all wrapped around 10pm at night and hopefully most people don't work Sunday.

Thoughts?
I don't think that time would be an issue but only 15 minutes for qually is really needed in fact I could skip it altogether. As we all know where I'll be starting from.:whistling:

Hi,

I'm fine with the current racing days as i'm always at home because I have to work the next day.

I'm OK with adding a fourth day, There is less chance that i'll be there every saturday night because i'm mostly outside but I think it's good for those of us who only have their weekend for racing. With 4 races a week, I can easily make it to at least 2 of them so no problem, the race have to fit everyone and I don't race only in the R3E club.

1915 GMT/2115 CEST 15 min qualifying
2030 GMT/2130 CEST X min race
Is best of both worlds I think :)

While I can understand wtcc thursday because it works great as there is no clash with other rd clubs, I'm clearly against adding another fixed car/day combo.
I don't understand why do we need to fix a car for a specific day because it does more harm than good. The only thing it's going to do is pushing outside those of us who can't be there that very day when their favorite content is raced.
As I already said, the day where most of the time I can't race is Saturday. If the GTR3 is fixed to saturday well I will miss my favorite class of all sims. The same can be said if GTR3 was fixed to Tuesday and other players who loves this class simply can't race in work days.

First week we can do: gtr3 tuesday, dtm thursday, wtcc saturday, gr5 sunday.
Next week we can do: dtm92 tuesday, wtcc thursday, p1/gtr3 saturday, silhouettes sunday
third week we can do: wtcc tuesday, gtr3 thursday, fr2 saturday, p2/audi tt sunday

Etc etc.. putting it randomly is the best way.

Fix the days, not the cars! r3e content is too rich for this. A fixed car/day combo will push more players away from their favorite content than attract other ones.

Thank you for reading me.

Last edited:

Thoughts?

Perfect for me :) Its what I was asking in the front page

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back