Proposed changes to the R3E Club

Lars Hansen

Buggered if I know.....
Greetings gentlemen,

It should come as no surprise that the R3E Club is going from strength to strength, in no small part thanks to you guys.
It has in fact grown so successful that it's started to become slightly difficult to balance the need of both the older members wanting powerful cars, and the need to have some low-power stuff for our more recent members.
Furthermore, I wanted to re-design the Rookie Race concept so the trainees had a more practical session aimed directly at a later race.

So with that in mind, your fearless leaders (that would be me and Kenny :D ) have come up with a solution to test out.
But since we don't want to just drag the club-members into something without given them a chance to respond, here's your chance to give some feed-back.

The pitch is a bi-weekly schedule along these lines:

Week 1.
Tuesday: Grab-bag day. Less used content, new releases, or just the odd stuff.
Or in other words, same as now, basically.

Thursday: WTCC, as always.

Saturday: GTR3s as a fixed entry every other Saturday.

Sunday: Low-power stuff. NSUs, Audi TTs, the upcoming FR Junior, maybe Silhouettes.

Week 2.
Tuesday: Same as above

Thursday: Same as above.

Saturday: Low-power stuff, with a 2 hour practice period. The first hour of which is reserved for people who want 'lessons' in driving that particular combo.

Sunday: High-power stuff. GT3s, Group 5s, P1/P2, and so on.

The main idea here is that whether you're interested in high-power or low-power stuff, you have a race every weekend, two if you want both.
And again, this is meant as a test.
If it's a success, great. If not, we simply revert to the current schedule.
My main concern is that we could possibly 'overload' the schedule, and end up having many races but few drivers in each, but I'm more than happy to give it a whirl.

So what do you guys think. Good idea? Bad idea? Completely indifferent?
As always, speak up if you want to be heard. :)

Finally, let me say that this whole thing started with Shawn Jacobs springing the idea of a fixed GTR3 Saturday.
So if any of you have thoughts or ideas re. the club, let either Kenny or me know.
We won't promise we can integrate all or any of them, but I can assure you that we'll listen.

my biggest hurdle to join your club at weekdays is the times. I leave my job at 18:45 and am at home by 18.55

Assetto corsa is running with this schedule and thats why I am choosing them over R3E
Qualifying: 19:00 GMT (15 minutes)
Race: 19:15 GMT (19 laps)

my biggest hurdle to join your club at weekdays is the times. I leave my job at 18:45 and am at home by 18.55

Assetto corsa is running with this schedule and thats why I am choosing them over R3E
Qualifying: 19:00 GMT (15 minutes)
Race: 19:15 GMT (19 laps)
There'll always be 'competition' between the different sims.
The reason all the clubs start their races at the same time is because that's when people are home. :)
If we e.g. decided to postpone the week-day races until after AC was done, we'd end up with a practice-start at around 2030GMT, and race finish around 2200GMT.
Throw in the time-difference, and I'd be looking at a week-day race that ended at midnight local time.
And since my alarm-clock goes off at 5am, that's not really an option. :sleep: :p
We may play around with the start of the week-end races, but the week-day races won't change.

I meant I'm currently choosing AC over R3E because R3E starts when i'm still driving home from work :)

If R3E started Qualifying: 19:00 GMT Race: 19:15 GMT I would choose R3E more ofter :)

But of course the timetable is already set because its compatible with most drivers. But in the future would be nice to push the race further :D

I meant I'm currently choosing AC over R3E because R3E starts when i'm still driving home from work :)

If R3E started Qualifying: 19:00 GMT Race: 19:15 GMT I would choose R3E more ofter :)

But of course the timetable is already set because its compatible with most drivers. But in the future would be nice to push the race further :D
Ah, gotcha. :)
Misunderstood that one.
Tell you what, I'll mention it during the coming weeks races, and we'll see what people think.
Fair enough?

sounds reasonable, here are a few ideas.
1. take the 2h practice concept for other races also, not everyone wants to learn x car, maybe some want to learn wtcc or gt3 or dtm92 etc...luv the idea
2. is just me that likes allot dtm92?would love to see them more often
3. if not to much of hard work to admins i think a combo race on sunday's would be fun, Brunch with low power stuff and evening with big muscle

sounds reasonable, here are a few ideas.
1. take the 2h practice concept for other races also, not everyone wants to learn x car, maybe some want to learn wtcc or gt3 or dtm92 etc...luv the idea
2. is just me that likes allot dtm92?would love to see them more often
3. if not to much of hard work to admins i think a combo race on sunday's would be fun, Brunch with low power stuff and evening with big muscle

1. I would luv the idea to learn from you buddy at least couple (dozens) times :)
2. I think many players like dtm92, last race was at Laguna seca and it was a full grid as long as i remember. I prefer those beauty's from Gr5 (too hard for me) :D
3. Sunday brunch race would be nice as long as its not a motogp-f1 weekend ;)

1. I would luv the idea to learn from you buddy at least couple (dozens) times :)
2. I think many players like dtm92, last race was at Laguna seca and it was a full grid as long as i remember. I prefer those beauty's from Gr5 (too hard for me) :D
3. Sunday brunch race would be nice as long as its not a motogp-f1 weekend ;)
you scaly wagon you are allready to fast:)), i am doing some laps now, feel free to jump in TS

Moving the schedule back will leave people out. We should consider alternating times to give those a chance to stay in who made this club so great.
If the schedule changes im out, cause with the time change im 5 minutes to my schedule :(

Guys, I said I'd ask around, that's all. :)

Well, the servers are usually up well in advance set for practice only.
There's no-one stopping the club members from setting up their own practice-classes.
All you have to do is post a thread with the offer, and you're good to go.
Just so everyone is clear, if you have an idea by all means run with it.
Not everything has to go through me and Kenny. :thumbsup:

I'm happy with whatever Kenny and Lars come up with. Tuesdays grab a bag with DP's, Open wheelers, radicals sounds good to me as does Thursday always WTCC. But I'm easy, whatever you want. I'll race it if it interests me and if I own the content and if I'm available of course. But for me Summer is coming and that is my bike riding time so I might not be on as much.
Keep up the good work Lars/Kenny, you have made this the best race club on RD.:thumbsup:

Need to get out on one my bikes more..............
WP_20160323_15_01_50_Pro_zpsb24dcoy2.jpg

Last edited:
Take it with a grain of salt, because I am currently not racing in r3e at all. I am planning on buying new WTCC2015 pack to race online. The way these events are setup though, means I would have to choose between the weekly fix of FWD in AMS and r3e, because we race touring cars on Thursday too.

What I'm trying to say is that it might be a good idea to consider moving touring cars to something like Friday so that people wanting to experience FWD goodness don't have to make a choice which game to play on Thursday.

Edit: obviously, I'm an outsider so to speak but I can imagine other racers may be in a similar position so it's worth considering.

What I'm trying to say is that it might be a good idea to consider moving touring cars to something like Friday so that people wanting to experience FWD goodness don't have to make a choice which game to play on Thursday.
It's a valid point, but the problem is that we have too many good sims, and not enough days in the week. :)
If we e.g. moved the WTCC to Friday, that would clash with the AMS Mini Fridays and the HistoryX.
In fact, the only day that is relatively sim-free is Saturday which 'only' has an AC race, and we're planning to use that as well.
So while I would love to plan a schedule that never clashed with anything else, the fact is that we have a relatively small four-hour window each day that all the sims are using.

I realise that we would have to make compromises, it's just that having two different sims run essentially the same, and very popular series at that, is probably splitting participation numbers more than mini Friday or historyx would. ;) especially, when you take into account that touring cars seem to be the main drive for r3e online play, but due to grid size AMS can be more attractive on Thursday evenings.

It's more like an observation from my perspective so, again, take it with a grain of salt but it could be worth a try to e.g move wtcc to Friday if it doesn't inconvenience other drivers and see if the numbers improve.

Btw, bearing in mind r3e is one of the few sims with Daytona prototype, it would be fun to see multiclass race a la Tudor series as part of the 'odd' and unusual content.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 351 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 485 39.0%