1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[PROPOSAL] Start Club Races at 21.00GMT or later ....

Discussion in 'rFactor' started by Alessandro Gamberini, Sep 20, 2010.

1. Hi there guys,

I noticed that many of the RD club races start around 20:40 UK that for me, but perhaps for others drivers, it means enter races without qualifing and thus often I avoid to sign in
    the only exception are the races managed by Ryo which I participate :redface:

from above I would like to propose a slight delay to races start and aligning all rF club 21:00 UK

do you think would be useful to start a poll with next options (?) :
    start rF club races at: 20.00GMT, 20.30GMT, 21.00GMT, as is depending on racing team manager
    just to see if this proposal suits more people than only me :wink:

waiting for your opinion

thank you
    ciao

2. Connor Caple

Connor Caple
    Slowest Racer in Town...

Would you expect people to stay up until midnight in GMT+1 zones to race you?

That seems even more unfair on anyone in a GMT+2 zone - it could be 1am when the event finishes.

Even for UK drivers, 9pm is a bit late to start a race event in many cases, especially if people have work/college on the following day.

3. just to be clear, the slight delay (about 15mins) to 21.00GMT is about race start not the whole event (pract, qual, etc)
    anyway Ryo races start often at 21.00UK and no one slept on the driving wheel :D
    ciao

4. I'm happy with the current times they work well. Don't forget the times will go forward an hour to 20:00 gmt when the clocks go back in October

5. Feel lucky its then rather in the morning, us Aussies have to get up at 6-7am if we want to race you as the sun is coming up. So 8pm UK is 6am AUS.