Proposal for a Club event

The 935 (which we have used before) is on gtl4u.de.

I need to ask - have you actually driven the GTL 935, and driven it on the Sachsenring67? Or are you just looking at German cars and tracks and pulling together what looks "nice" in the abstract?

In practice, the 935 was difficult enough to keep hold of on the very flat and very simple Monza 60's (no chicanes, basically 4 corners) because of the turbo lag/torque spikes. Getting it off the line without huge fishtails and accidents was difficult enough.

Let us know how your testing went.

OK, will do so. Haven't done that combination yet, as it only has been a proposal. Something to think about only:D

We could run the 911 Turbo then.
In Race07 I have very much fun with the combination Porsche and Sachsenring.
Will have a look, maybe the physics differ a little.
You still need to go "slowly" with the car^^

http://www.nogripracing.com/details.php?filenr=15415
Maybe this one. But we can do a little slower like with the 914.
It doesn't need to be a Porsche at all. Not even Sachsenring.

I will give it a go at the weekend with different Porsches, will provide the setups so you can easily jump in.

Something more on my mind: A strong and a weak car, two drivers each form a team, the drivers switch cars in two races. The best team wins. "Points" for the car class each, so the faster car could slow down his mates opponents but looses his cars position...
It will be difficult to find equal teams maybe, but again, only some thoughts!

Last time we drove the 935's we had a gold medal winning:p display of synchronised spinning at the start ;). Twice, and the eventual good start meant us all creeping away veeeery slowly lol

All
Look - we're open to event suggestions, we really are, but please meet us half way and do your research first.

Check to see if the mod/track you want to run is the latest version or if a replacement one is on the horizon. Run some laps, get a feel for what things come out like, if you're talking about multiple cars, test them against each other. Get some data and then submit it to us via a PM.

There are a few reasons for PM being the best way of submitting a suggestion:-
1. Knut and/or I can then try it out for ourselves, give feedback and/or comments, and if the kernel of the idea holds up, we can talk about suggested tweaks or small issues that may need to be addressed before we go live with it.
2. We may have already tried, tested and discarded the suggested combination for less than obvious - but still compelling - reasons, and we can explain why privately.
3. Neither Knut or I take any pleasure in pulling people's suggestions apart in public, but if there's a public post, we will have to reposnd to it in public so people think we haven't ignored it.
4. The other side of the coin is that we have a rough but fairly settled view on what is happening and when over the approaching few weeks, and ideas just thrown out there might clash with our plans. We can then explain this, or adapt out eveents to fit in closer and everyone is happy.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 105 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 146 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 279 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 407 40.1%