1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. #GiveAwayFriday. Win a copy of F1 2017 - The Game. Click here to join.

Proper shift behaviour

Discussion in 'Stock Car Extreme' started by Roberto Fratelli, Jul 23, 2011.

1. Roberto Fratelli

Roberto Fratelli

Ratings:
    +2
    Hello Reiza Studios, thanks for such a great sim ! excellent work on this one, and you guys raised the bar for the upcoming games (like f3 sudam) !

I wonder what is the correct way to change gears on these cars. Looking at this video:

I noticed that the driver does a right foot braking, and only use the clutch while downshifting, not for upshifts. is this correct ?

Also, should the driver use heel-and-toe, or does the car have some kind of "auto-blip" feature ?

Thanks !

2. Javier Bernedo

Javier Bernedo

Ratings:
    +27
    Yes

At your choice. In user.plr there are two lines:

autolift=1
    autoblip=1

If you change to:

autolift=1
    autoblip=0

you should drive as in the video.

3. Niels_at_home

Niels_at_home
    Reiza Studios

Ratings:
    +310
    There should be no need to change the PLR file. If you want auto lift / blip, then use the 'auto clutch' in the difficulty menu. If you turn this off, then you have to blip and lift yourself.

Some drivers right foot brake and heel & toe. Perhaps some simply blip a little bit during the downshift without pressing the clutch, there tends to be more than one way. Sometimes you see a clear clutch press on upshifts, sometimes it is not so obvious.

4. Javier Bernedo

Javier Bernedo

Ratings:
    +27
    Thank you very much, I did not known.

So, does auto-clutch activate what you have in your plr. "=1"?

If I want autolift, but no autoblip, Is this the right configuration?:

autolift=1
    autoblip=0
    auto-clutch = on

By the way, is this something specifical for GSC, or it works the same way in all gmotor2 simulators?

Thank you!

5. William Levesque

William Levesque

Ratings:
    +1,276
    Yes it should be like that ;)

And it's also the same way for every SimBin games and others (rFactor and such)

6. Javier Bernedo

Javier Bernedo

Ratings:
    +27
    Thank you

So, I guess there is no way for having autoclutch off and autolift on. Is that right?

7. William Levesque

William Levesque

Ratings:
    +1,276
    Unfortunately yes...

8. Roberto Fratelli

Roberto Fratelli

Ratings:
    +2
    Great, thanks everyone. And Niels, just watched a video from you driving and i see you definitely run with "auto clutch" off, nice driving ! i´ll try the same here

9. fabianoh

fabianoh

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi
    Sorry for bringing this topic back to the table, but I just wat to get a clear understanding.

A) In my case, I have auto-clutch disabled, and I didn't make any change to the PLR so far. Thus that means my autoblip is currently not working, unless I set the auto-clutch on, Is that correct? Despite having auto-clutch disabled, I use it only for race starts (I don't press the clucth on downshifing / upshifting).

B) If "A" is correct and supposing that I want to keep the auto-clutch disabled (because I prefer manual clutch for starts rather than auto) and autoblip "for myself", can I then just blip the throttle without pressing the clutch in order to get the heel & toe effect, or do I really need to have the clutch pressed?

C) If possible, what do you guys recommend?

thanks!

10. William Levesque

William Levesque

Ratings:
    +1,276
    A) Well, should be I guess

B) You don't have to use the clutch, although on downshifts it can help to settle the car better and it's good for immersion :)

C) What I do in Sequential shifting cars is basically:

Auto-Clutch: OFF, I don't lift except in corners so it's basically constant "power-shifting" and I heel and toe using the clutch :)

• Like Like x 1
  11. fabianoh

fabianoh

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks very much! ;)