Proper shift behaviour

Hello Reiza Studios, thanks for such a great sim ! excellent work on this one, and you guys raised the bar for the upcoming games (like f3 sudam) !

I wonder what is the correct way to change gears on these cars. Looking at this video:

I noticed that the driver does a right foot braking, and only use the clutch while downshifting, not for upshifts. is this correct ?

Also, should the driver use heel-and-toe, or does the car have some kind of "auto-blip" feature ?

Thanks !

There should be no need to change the PLR file. If you want auto lift / blip, then use the 'auto clutch' in the difficulty menu. If you turn this off, then you have to blip and lift yourself.

Some drivers right foot brake and heel & toe. Perhaps some simply blip a little bit during the downshift without pressing the clutch, there tends to be more than one way. Sometimes you see a clear clutch press on upshifts, sometimes it is not so obvious.

Thank you very much, I did not known.

So, does auto-clutch activate what you have in your plr. "=1"?

If I want autolift, but no autoblip, Is this the right configuration?:

autolift=1
autoblip=0
auto-clutch = on

By the way, is this something specifical for GSC, or it works the same way in all gmotor2 simulators?

Thank you!

Hi
Sorry for bringing this topic back to the table, but I just wat to get a clear understanding.

A) In my case, I have auto-clutch disabled, and I didn't make any change to the PLR so far. Thus that means my autoblip is currently not working, unless I set the auto-clutch on, Is that correct? Despite having auto-clutch disabled, I use it only for race starts (I don't press the clucth on downshifing / upshifting).

B) If "A" is correct and supposing that I want to keep the auto-clutch disabled (because I prefer manual clutch for starts rather than auto) and autoblip "for myself", can I then just blip the throttle without pressing the clutch in order to get the heel & toe effect, or do I really need to have the clutch pressed?

C) If possible, what do you guys recommend?

thanks!

A) Well, should be I guess

B) You don't have to use the clutch, although on downshifts it can help to settle the car better and it's good for immersion :)

C) What I do in Sequential shifting cars is basically:

Auto-Clutch: OFF, I don't lift except in corners so it's basically constant "power-shifting" and I heel and toe using the clutch :)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 101 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 142 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 267 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 390 40.0%