1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Promo video

Discussion in 'RACE 07 - Official WTCC Game' started by Mikkel, Jun 21, 2007.

1. First video glimpse of the new title from SimBin, and the new website for it.
    http://www.race-game.org/

2. nice
    tnx mikkel
    interesting what they say in the video (music to my ears:))....oval puebla & curitiba

but valencia, puebla, curitiba, macau oschersleben & monza reverse?

3. 32 tracks thats cool
    keep your eyes on :eek:

4. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

5. LOL downloading @ 10Kb/s :) maybe try YouTube :)

6. These are the tracks I see in the video...:

Monza
    Monza Junior
    Monza Reverse
    Magny Cours
    Magny Cours National
    Brands Hatch
    Brands Hatch Indy
    Oschersleben
    Oscersleben B Course
    Oschersleben Reverse
    Curitiba
    Curitiba Oval
    Curitiba Reverse
    Puebla
    Puebla Reverse
    Puebla Oval
    Brno
    Imola
    Porto
    Istanbul
    Valencia
    Valencia Long
    Valencia Nacional
    Valencia Reverse
    Macau
    Macau Reverse
    Pau
    Vara Raceway
    Estoril
    Anderstorp

The video looks amazing, and I like a lot the different cars the have added to the game.

What I don´t like are the reverse tracks, I find it OK to an arcade game, but not to RACE. I mean, in real life, tracks are homologated to be raced in one direction, because they are not safe in the wrong way, there are not sand traps, there are walls.

Cheers,
    BR

7. see it as an extra challenge :) We probably won't use them in a tournament I guess :)

8. The site is taking a real hammering, speed should improve within the coming hours.

Regarding the reverse tracks I agree that they are not "real", but they can be huge amounts of fun and provide some excellent racing. It adds more longevity and variety to the game. Macau reverse in the lightning quick Radicals will be a real killer :D

9. Yoeri Gijsen

Yoeri Gijsen
    aReDeeeLeMeS Staff

Wow, smooth...!

Good video, I'm really looking forward to the game right now!

10. Bram

Bram

Yes sir, i personally looking forward to the reversed tracks. I dont care if the layout is real or not.. If SimBin makes 200 fantasy tracks and adds it to the game it would be fine by me! (Idea?)

11. Since the site is still under heavy load, someone upped the low res to YouTube :

Then you can always grab the high res version once the server comes up for air ;)

12. Robert Wiesenmüller

Robert Wiesenmüller
    The one and only Premium Member

Vara Raceway?
    Never heard... but that is even more fun then!

Mikkel do you know/are you allowed to tell if custom addon tracks like in GTR2 will be allowed? :)

13. Thanx Mikkel !!

14. If you investigate a little about the SimBin company, you might figure out what Vara raceway is.

I can't say anything about custom tracks, neither positive or negative.
    Reason is simple: I have no clue ;)

15. Vara is a town in Sweden if I'm right, and since I saw a screen of a (probably swedish) streetcircuit a while ago.. I guess we have a match? ;)

BTW, a Dutch guy who in some way (dunno exactly what way) works for Simbin lives in Vara, Sweden.

16. Bram

Bram

No, he lives in Varna :) Vara is the province and Varna the town i guess!

17. Now Thats Good news.. :)

18. looking good.....really looking forward to the game & hopefully an early demo... cars & tracks galore.............:)

19. finally downloaded the movie, looks good. But I still have the feeling it's a pimped RACE'06. For example 9 categories sounds as a lot, but it looks like this:

WTCC
    WTC87
    MINI
    CATERHAM200
    CATERHAM260
    CATERHAM320

new:
    SPORTSCARS (Radical)
    FORMULA BMW
    FORMULA 3000

The same goes for the tracks, 32 sounds like a lot, but if you look closely it's more like 15 tracks + 15 more variations of the same trakcs (reverse macau, valencia long, etc, etc).

I'm still looking forward to the game though, I hope the sportscars feel more like GTR/GTR2.

Anyone has more information on this?