1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mods Prokop Rally Monte Carlo 2015 1.0

Jipocar Czech Team Ford Fiesta WRC

1. blastprocessing submitted a new resource:

Prokop Rally Monte Carlo 2015 - Jipocar Czech Team Ford Fiesta WRC

Read more about this resource...
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Awesome detail, one of the best I saw, but why did you included the shadows into the main texture?
  3. Thanks for the kind words, meerkat (and again for the incredibly helpful template). I tend to prefer the look ambient occlusion (AO) gives you, even if it's faked. I think it gives the car model a more natural look in curves and color saturation (since the livery is very colorful to begin with).

I did, however, lower that shadow layer opacity by more than half (100% is very strong), so its very subtle and doesn't affect the primary colors much if at all. Also since Codies use AO on their wheel texture, I figured I'd keep shading style similar.
  4. Then why just not increasing the contrast on the alpha map of the specocc file? Will all respect btw, I don't think it's a good idea in either cases. In the beginning when I started editing DR skins I tried changing contrasts just for the sake of realism on the DDS file, but this never translated in a better look overall, in the contrary making a more better looking DDS file resulted in a messy texture.
  5. Guess I'm just used to skinning the old fashioned way from RBR and GTR where the game engine doesn't render specular maps.

If you want, I can re-upload without the shadows.
  6. It's not because I want you to update it just for me, but I believe the devs did their best to make all textures and shaders to look good in every light condition :).
    Hope to convince other modders too :/