PC1 Project Cars - What's the point if....

Is Project Cars dead? Why is it possible to read about it but not possible to buy or try it?
Seems a bit pointless if it has just turned into an exclusive club for those who already have it.

Maybe I'm missing it, but I cannot see any link to download, try, or buy; and the forums are not taking new registrations. This does not seem like a very good way of keeping the project alive :(

Peter

who cares
It should be Thanks giving 2013 but the rumor goes it will be somewere in 2014.
My opinion is that the game is to big for a pre-alpha, it would be better to reduce the cars and tracks and ad them in the beta stage.

Peter

who cares
It was closed because funding goal was reached. Shortly after, tool pack upgrades were allowed for existing members, and there was a discussion to reopen to new members on special occasions, but majority didn't like this idea. FSA came later...
But now they need help of a new game to finish pCars.

Peter

who cares
They had enough money to finish pCARS. SMS took 500.000 (there own money) out of the pot to make space for future member upgrades.
Than came the FSA, witch means no new money from members.

''Finalising pCARS, the money side.
As you've no doubt noticed, the FSA have scuppered our plans with regards to ongoing income for now yet we've, if anything, increased the pCARS efforts. This isn't due to a miracle but due to the fact that we've managed to sign a non sim game which we're doing on the side (the eagle eyed will have noticed an injection of new staff recently).​
The good news is that the company we are developing this game for are very supportive of us as a company and the finances we are receiving are such that we have enough to finish pCARS without any further funds being needed.​
Rejoice etc! ''​

mapu13

@Simberia
oww... as somebody who puts money into a project to see it getting realized (that's basically the same a investor would do), I wouldn't be happy about such a move (shifting money from one project to another).

oww... as somebody who puts money into a project to see it getting realized (that's basically the same a investor would do), I wouldn't be happy about such a move (shifting money from one project to another).

Maybe you don't know how such small businesses in gaming industry operate. I'd be quite happy to know they do what it takes to remain cash flow positive.
pCARS budget does not change. They'll put in as much money as needed, that is, the difference between budget amount and member contributions. I don't see any problem with that.

They had enough money to finish pCARS. SMS took 500.000 (there own money) out of the pot to make space for future member upgrades.

Than came the FSA, witch means no new money from members.

And? As I've mentioned, if there's no additional money coming in from current or new members (for whatever reason), they'll cover the difference. If they use cash they're getting from another project to cover that difference, so much better. Means they don't have to incur debt to finance their share in pCARS.
Why do you think that's bad?

mapu13

@Simberia
Well I known good enough what it means when funds get shifted around from one project to another and when different matters and/or production processes get outsourced. Usually the quality of the outcome suffers.

Well I known good enough what it mean when funds get shifted around from one project to another and when different matters and/or production processes get outsourced. Usually the quality of the outcome suffers.

If the quality of the product is not by your standards, don't use it. There are few other titles coming out now, which may be closer to your refined requirements, Assetto Corsa, RaceRoom Racing Experience, rFactor 2, to name just a few.
Maybe they're even few with "no shifting funds between the projects" and "no outsourcing" guarantee, which would be just perfect for you and all those who waste so much energy here in pCARS forum, for product they don't like.

Weird, isn't it?

mapu13

@Simberia
Au contraire my friend. You're trying to force me into a corner, I could almost believe you're trying to put words into my mouth, but I am only interested in what is happening lately at SMS. And to be fair, I am delighted that I am allowed to be as much (if not more) interested into this topic as you are.

The outsourcing of resources can be seen anywhere these days. I wasn't trying to imply that these methods are always a fail, nor did I say this literally. It was just a generalization. The outcome can suffer (suffer doesn't mean fail per se) because of a wide range of aspects (and I really don't want to discuss through all of these aspects at this point). Just to say, having an FSA investigation, may hurt the investors and the final product (later).

So please stop here and let us try to be rational.

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 90 19.2%
  • €151-500

Votes: 123 26.2%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 80 17.1%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 42 9.0%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 47 10.0%
  • €3001-5000