PC1 Project CARS Thrustmaster TX settings

UPDATED 23/8/15

I have tried many suggestions and read many forum topics but none gave me the FFB I was craving, so I went tweaking crazy and this is the monster I have created. I can now feel the front wheels lose grip, when the bonnet jumps and shudders on track I can feel it through the wheel, and I have tackled to a certain extent the center spring problem.

For me these settings are up to the level of Game Stock Car, iRacing, Assetto Corsa and Race07/GTR2 Of course we're all looking for something slightly different, but hopefully these settings can tackle some frustrations some people are having with the standard FFB.

I tackled each section at a time to get a feel what what each one did, if the overall feel is not to your liking maybe you can try each section to see if it helps.

These setting were created while using the Jack Spade FFB Tweaker Files v1.7 (no.4,bumps), so a big thanks to him, and to everyone who answered my forums posts.

Tested with/at:

Ginetta G55 GT3 @ Sonoma/Spa/Imola
Radical SR3-RS @ Sonoma
Sauber C9 @ Zhuhai

Thrustmaster Settings:
845 degrees of Rotation: I followed the Thrustmaster set up instructions for PCARS. When setting up the wheel in game, hold the wheel physically at 90 degrees.

Overall strength of all forces 68%

Constant 100%
Periodic 100%
Spring 0%
Damper 0%

Auto Center by the game

In Game Settings:

Force Feedback = 100

Steering sensitivity = 50

Tire Force = 124

Per Wheel Movement -0.04
Per Wheel Movement Squared 0.04

Wheel Position Smoothing = 0.07

Deadzone Removal Range = 0.15
Deadzone Removal Falloff = 0.10 - Removes center spring

Linkage Scale 0.00
Linkage Stiffness 1.00
Linkage damping 1.00

Relative Adjust Gain = 1.74
Relative Adjust Bleed = 0.15
Relative Adjust Clamp = 141

Scoop Knee = 0.85
Scoop Reduction = 0.50

Soft Clipping (Half Input) = 1.39
Soft Clipping (Full Output) = 1.20

Low Speed Spring Coefficient 0.92
Low Speed Spring Saturation 0.50

Steering Gain 166

I have tried these settings with the Jack Spade Tweaker files v2.0 but prefer v1.7

Hopefully these will help someone, see you on the track.

Brian.

Last edited:
With all due respect , I've followed these exact settings and I'd have my wheel motor burned out within an hour. How you can possibly recommend these for a TM TX wheel is beyond me. The telemetry is literally flat lining on the top the entire time (clipping it's ass off) and the wheel is outrageously stiff, nothing at all like a real car - I've driven a Porsche GT3 several times, it was firm, but it never felt like this. Not that it's fair to compare the two, but these settings seem to be focused on making the wheel at full volume without much consideration for much finesse, or the subtleties of road feel - and that poor little internal TX motor! Oh my!! Perhaps a turbo charged tractor without power steering might feel a little like this? Maybe the post was incorrectly placed in PCARS forum instead of the Farm Simulator one?
Apologies if this post (updated Late 2015) is irrelevant with latest patches. If not, I'd strongly suggest no one uses these settings unless you don't care about breaking your TX. Seriously, your wheel will die a painful death if you use these exact settings with the individual vehicle Jack Spade tweaker files.

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 87 7.5%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 322 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing