1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project CARS Screenshots

Discussion in 'Project CARS' started by RaceDepartment, Aug 29, 2011.

1. RaceDepartment

Administrator Staff

Slightly Mad Studios' Head of Development Ian Bell unveiled a new render of their upcoming community funded simulation game C.A.R.S.. The render is showing a Le Mans Protoype Audi R18 TDI in a fictional livery.

Although the idea of Community Assisted Race Sim sounds very innovative and spectacular there are still a lot of questions unanswered. We hope to have more insights on this upcoming simulation soon.

In the meantime enjoy some other screenshots on the forum.

Would you be interested in funding a developer and in exchange have your say in the development process of the product. Or is it just a tactic to get a studio funded that lacks a publisher/investor?
    via: nogrip & virtualr
  2. The CARS format is definitely unique and innovative. But man, if these previews look anything like the final in game product, then this game is going to be quite amazing.
  3. Such a beautifull car :). I had te chance to see it in the 24H of Le mans 2011 and the car is just amazing, she sounds like the wind, no engine sound :redface:
  4. I'll make a small investment to try the early builds, but if it feels it's not going in the direction I'm interested in then I'll cut my loses!! Looks fantastic though and I'm impressed to see the R18 preview:good:.
  5. How can people really believe that they will have actually something to say in the development. This whole project smells fishy from A-Z!
  6. I hate Diesel engines.
  7. Why write screenshot, when it's a render ? :confused:
  8. I hope the physics/ffb feels much better in c.a.r.s that was in shift.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. RaceDepartment

Administrator Staff

We stand corrected. Thanks for pointing that out. Updated the title!
  10. Danny Asbury

Danny Asbury
    Premium Member

Community Assisted Race Sim, or C.A.R.S., has recently released new screenshots for build 78 in their development process. The new build will be released soon, but the full game is expected sometime in late 2012.

For more information on C.A.R.S., head over to our C.A.R.S. forum.
  11. Unbelivable!!!It looks so realistic that it is complitly insane. I haven't seen better graphics in a racing game then in this. I seriously can't wait to get my hands on this game.
  12. Aidan Keranen

Aidan Keranen
    #4 2KF1 Racing RDGPC|LoL/RL Caster@AussieGamingTV Premium Member

is there any website etc. that i could go to?
  13. Stefan Woudenberg

Stefan Woudenberg
    Premium Member

looks awesome.
  14. Looks aren't everything though :rolleyes:. A gorgeous woman is lovely to look at, but if she isn't exciting to ride then what's the point:wink:.
    • Like Like x 2
  15. It really looks great,but it smells like a S2U engine to me.And if I'm right it not going to be pretty.
  16. Tring to find what kind of specs do I need to try this out? Thanks.
  17. it looks awesome! i want a piece of it!
  18. On my PC with i5 2500K, 4 GBs of RAM and Gigabyte GTX 460 it runs on high details much better than S2U on medium. It's same engine, but this time SMS has no time pressure. Also if i'm not wrong game addapts to your system automaticaly.
  19. It pretty obviously is the S2U engine (the on-screen graphics are essentially the same). That doesn't have much to do with how it drives, though - different values plugged into the engine can make for completely different physics.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1