1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Project CARS: RUF License - CHECK!

Discussion in 'Project CARS' started by Tom, Oct 31, 2012.

1. Tom

Tom
    Staff Emeritus Staff

Bram Hengeveld submitted a new blog post:

Project CARS: RUF License - CHECK!

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 28, 2013
  2. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Oh the Yellowbird is an epic car. If the physics are done correctly that will mean full opposite lock even on high-speed corners. Pure sliding fun.

3. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

• Like Like x 1
  4. Regards the 'other' manufacturer.

I'd guess either they have secured an Audi license (so can now rename the Asano's) or maybe Mercedes are wanting to join in the fun.

:O_o:

5. Tom

Tom
    Staff Emeritus Staff

More German manufacturers, please. :p

6. It'd be great to see more variety in the offerings Ruf has made over the years.

For example the 993 and 996 ranges had some of the most appealing Ruf cars ever in my view.
    The 964/993/996 Ruf's at the time were bonkers, loads of fantastic specials that now seem forgotten.

It's always nice to offer the newest cars, probably for marketing purposes these days more than anything... but missing out a 25 year gap of great Ruf models doesn't really thrill me that much.
    Just adding a 993 or 996 and dropping one of the most recent cars would make the overall Ruf offering many times more appealing for my tastes at least.

Dave

7. The whole business with licensing has always baffled me anyway, legally they can't stop you from taking a picture of their cars and selling it and this is no different.
    If you were making an exact duplicate and tried to pass it off as an original, then they would have a cause of action against you (unless of course you were Chinese). ;)

Alex Forbin

8. Great news, now let's hope Asetto Corsa gets themselves a RUF license too! :D :ninja:

9. Or rather Kunos gets it FOR AC, was what I meant ><