PC1 Project CARS released on Steam. PS4 and Xbox One digital pre-orders available in Europe.

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
Project Cars.jpg

A few moments ago Windows PC users worldwide who have ordered their copies of Project Cars online via Steam received the long awaited message to finally start their engines and play their new game.

Digital pre-ordered versions for the Playstation 4 and Xbox One are now available throughout Europe as well.

Let us know in the comments below what your first impressions are of Slightly Mad Studios' long anticipated multi-platform racing game.

For anyone with light FFB! You'll need to go into the cars setup and find the FFB tab and then find master scale on the spindle tab. This act's like the FFB gain in AC allowing you to set each car's FFB to your liking, you will need to do this for each track and car you play however. You should find a improvement, I believe the default was 26?

the ffb finally frustrated me last night before i went to bed but thoroughly enjoyed this till that point. its not bad ffb, but i find it just serviceable (which considering im just using straight up out of the box feedback, isnt bad). playing rf2, even AC i feel somewhat spoiled -- with rf2 especially i feel not only road, which as laz said is missing here (for me anyway, feels like glass) but i can 'sense' what is going on with the car. idk how to explain it; its how AC used to feel to me, idk if its changed somewhat or i just play it less -- i think its still there, but that sense of where the weight of the car is, whats loading up, getting overloaded, etc, is missing for me as well. i want to say the ffb is like iracing without the very good road feel but i dont think thats true, its not as stiff as iracing, more fluid, feels more natural to me.

im sure ill try some this bmanic (sp) guys suggestions, but i dont like the idea of ffb based on results tbh. i care quite a bit more for comfort & immersion. anyway its early enough im optimistic i could still find very good ffb settings, if not its already easily in my top sims (theres just a lot of good stuff these days! a lucky time to pick up the habit)

For anyone with light FFB! You'll need to go into the cars setup and find the FFB tab and then find master scale on the spindle tab. This act's like the FFB gain in AC allowing you to set each car's FFB to your liking, you will need to do this for each track and car you play however. You should find a improvement, I believe the default was 26?
yeah, even up to about 50-60 works well for most cars

Glad to hear so much positive response to this title. I hope to see many of you on track. It was such a delight to see so many people racing last night. The online MP racing was great. It wasn't a flawless experience, there were some issues joining lobbies etc. There were also some very strange lobby settings but it is going to take a few days for people to get familiar with the menus.

Be mindful and make sure you explore all the menu options. I am sure that some of you are missing an important part here or there. I have a video of the menus on my YT channel. There is no dialogue or explanation of settings but I am sure if you watch it you may see that I click and open some items that were right under your nose but you did not see. Would anyone like me to post it?

So, is it me or is this a title that keeps you playing far longer than you meant to? Just one more lap... Lol

I don't think another delay was possible though, I suspect they will be patching the crap out of this game for the next few months

PMSL....did they not say many many times that they would not release the game until it was ready, don't get me wrong I'm still looking forward to receiving my copy tomorrow, it just makes a joke out of all the things they said and promised......makes me think we have another EA contender.

Those of you who own Projekt Cars already, what you really think of that? Yes, I could just buy it my self and create my own opinion but I try to delay my purchase because I'm afraid that there's not enough hours in a day to play all these games:whistling:

I mean is there that some kind of X-factor? I have played all the sims out there but when I bought AC, I just knew it right from the start that THIS IS IT.

Could this be the game that comes as popular as AC/GSCE here at Racedepartment?

Last edited:
Sounds like a fun game. My pre-order won't arrive until tomorrow from Amazon.

Puzzles me why the Steam price is so high by comparison - £15 more than Amazon.

I guess I'll finally have to learn to drive a Kart :p I've raced FWDs for so long now, it's going to feel weird. They had better add a Mini in some DLC later, or the devs and I are going to be having a little chat... ;)

@Tomi Manninen I don˙t dare to compare this game with any other, but if you like(d) GTR2, you will like this one too. I bought it because I like to drive slow formulas (I just love 1600) and yes, triple screen is not suported (yet), so I even can˙t watch left/right screen in turns, because it makes me dizzy and I have to set FFB as it should be. Game is not perfect, but I will race it side by side with rFactor2 and AC, sometimes GSCx ... and RRRE when dedicated servers will arrive. I must say, I am looking forward to some slow (p)cars club race here, I really do :thumbsup:

One Basic Setting for the FFB is "Tire Force". This acts as a global FFB setting and will impact all of the cars FFB at the same time but, it might be a way to find a better baseline or provide a good way to test for the FFB feel you want without having to tweak each car one at a time.

As an immersion player, I found that a lower TF setting game me better details with most wheels. I haven't tested this recently and it's possible that something has changed but, if you start out feeling that FFB feels numb and lacks detail, be sure that the FFB is set to 100 and try setting the TF lower or higher. For me, the default TF lacked detail but, lowering it by 6 or 7 points changed the feel a lot. Some people prefer to set it higher.

Master Scale has a similar effect on the FFB but, is on a per-car basis. Some other car FFB settings can affect the grip feel but, I'm sure bmanic can address that far better than I can. The lack of grip feel seems to be one the major complaints I am seeing with the FFB and either Tire Force or Master Scale improved that for me with a minimum of fuss.

By default, there may be some assists enabled - even in Pro Mode, so be sure to check that setting. Also, adjusting the Diff Lock can improve the car handling as the default car settings are quite stable and conservative IMO.

Last edited:
My favorite game is GSCE (was GTR2 and Race07 in the past), I just think it's the better driving experience (but it needs rain and dynamic weather).

But I liked Project Cars. I played for something like 1 hour but I didn't set my wheel right, I just attached it on a normal table using my small monitor, and sitting on a bed (it was late night to get a proper chair and turn the computer on the TV).

I'm glad it's not compared to Shift 2, but it remembered me Toca 2, the way I find the car easy to drive, let it loose in the corners and get control back.

I first tried the 125 Kart, and I couldn't drive it. It's funny I can't drive Karts in any game (and I drove Karts in real life :p not shift ones)!!! GSCE, GT5, Rfactor and now Project Cars. Maybe I can't adapt with so much quick reaction I need to have with this quick cars and small tracks.

Then I tried the Formula Rookie and I think it looked like good old Toca 2, although I was braking too early I must admit. Easy car to drive and let loose, really like the ride. But I think there's no comparison to Game Stock Car Extreme Formula Vee (I believe it's similar car or I'm wrong?). In GSCE I need to be much easier with the car.

Then I tried one lap at Nurburgring GP with the Sauber C9 and it was fun, but the same feeling as Toca 2.

I'm not an expert to judge if it's a sim, simcade, real or not, but there's good fun in it. I will try a career mode for sure but don't know if I'll be able to pass Kart :p, maybe I will start with lower Formula.

Edited: By the way, I didn't play with setings, just selected DFGT basic profile (with separate axles).

Those of you who own Projekt Cars already, what you really think of that? Yes, I could just buy it my self and create my own opinion but I try to delay my purchase because I'm afraid that there's not enough hours in a day to play all these games:whistling:

I mean is there that some kind of X-factor? I have played all the sims out there but when I bought AC, I just knew it right from the start that THIS IS IT.

Could this be the game that comes as popular as AC/GSCE here at Racedepartment?
absolutely, it doesnt have the mod scene going for it though...but its a good compliment to those 2. for w/e reason rf2 never took off here so i wouldnt be surprised.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back