1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Featured Project CARS released on Steam. PS4 and Xbox One digital pre-orders available in Europe.

Discussion in 'Project CARS' started by Bram, May 6, 2015.

1. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Project Cars.jpg
    A few moments ago Windows PC users worldwide who have ordered their copies of Project Cars online via Steam received the long awaited message to finally start their engines and play their new game.

Digital pre-ordered versions for the Playstation 4 and Xbox One are now available throughout Europe as well.

Let us know in the comments below what your first impressions are of Slightly Mad Studios' long anticipated multi-platform racing game.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Si

Si
    Premium Member

yup, and my first impressions are mixed! if I can sort out ffb it would be better. Also has anybody found how to exit the game yet??

• Haha Haha x 1
  3. Fantastic first experiance I got of the game...When I type my last name, Larsen, then the game censor it to Martin ******.....I can call myself H**l but not Larsen...

Last edited: May 7, 2015
    • Haha Haha x 6
  4. Cross in the top right corner :)

5. Si

Si
    Premium Member

thanks, but doesn't display on my 21:9 monitor:O_o:

6. Bram

Bram

If this is classed simcade then I am a simcader. Absolutely loving it so far. Looks amazing, cars are indeed a bit grippy but certainly not in a wrong way. Although a few cars feel very disconnected while others feel spot on.

With the awesome reworked music of GTR2 (where is the Dr Stephen Baysted fanpage damnit :)) I am truly having the impression that I am playing GTR3.

First 45 minutes spend in game and many many more to come that's for sure. Big :thumbsup:'s up from me.

• Like Like x 10
    • Beer Beer x 4
  7. Looking forward to the League racing that is sure to come.:)

• Like Like x 2
  8. Bram

Bram

For PC you can bet on it :)

• Like Like x 7
  9. Si

Si
    Premium Member

That was EXACTLY my first impression! loved that!!!!!!

10. Bram, what is your favorite car/track so far?

11. I have to say i am really disapointed so far... Compared to AC it s soooo easy to drive... But maybe I have to change some settings... A Lot of FFB clipping so far... I was expecting more!!!! But no judgement After one hour...

• Like Like x 1
  12. Bram

Bram

I am a former GTR2 addict so it's obvious which tracks are on the first batch of testing :)

But where did Enna Pergusa go? :)

• Like Like x 2
  13. I suspect it might come in the form of DLC.
    Didn't Shift 2 Unleashed have Ena Pergusa and the old Hockenheim?

14. Guys, my Steam ID:
    snappydee.2old4forza

send me a Friend Invite. I will be on in a little while and will set up a private lobby.

15. Strange as I find Assetto too easy to drive. Title seems to be faring well though. 84 rating on Metacrtic and #2 on Steam top-sellers list. So far so good.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Can t exactly discribe but i took a gt3 went to spa and drove a couple of laps and Didn t have one Tricky Moment... No Chance of loosing the car... (without any aids...)

17. Could it be that you are too used to the unrealistic lack of grip found in gmotor titles?

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. What u mean with gmotor titles? Ac f.e. Has also good/much grip but If u go over the top the Limit is very thin... Here i Don t have that feeling so far...

19. jimortality

jimortality
    Premium Member

@Bram Hengeveld I think we have the same graphics card Bram GTX 770? I would be interested to know your settings please.

20. Bram

Bram

Jep got that card as well. Didn't change anything really. Ran the configuration tool and that's it :)