1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Project CARS re-named?

Discussion in 'Project CARS' started by Bram, Nov 10, 2011.

1. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

How come C.A.R.S. all of a sudden is named Project CARS? Pissed off Disney?

[​IMG]

2. Its always been a project CARS..

3. Bram

Bram

I has been C.A.R.S. from the first announcements and is now suddenly Project CARS Or I am getting insane :)

4. Yes, it's was changed because C.A.R.S is still a project and also is a way of trying that google find it.

5. Bram

Bram

If they want Google to find it they should open the forum for guest viewing :) Now all spiders are blocked.

6. It's a development forum, so only who is in the project should be there, makes sense.

7. ReDi

ReDi
    Slightly Mad Studios

Basically the community started a discussion about the name, finding it with search engines etc. and after throwing some suggestions around the name was changed. It won't necessarily be the final name of the game, the community gets a say in that at a later stage :)

8. What Bram means is they need to open a single sub forum to guest viewing and then Google and co will be able to do their thing. Just a simple Public Updates Thread or so...

9. Bram

Bram

10. Type Project CARS on Google and the seventh link down is the Project CARS - WMD Portal link

So, it does return something, albeit not in the top spot on the page. Not sure why you are saying it doesn't return anything.

11. Bram

Bram

Must have been updated in the last couple of days. But still a seventh position on Google is not what you want when that is your brand name.

But as ReDi said its probably not the final name of the game.

12. On top of that, they'll probably want to get loads of publicity closer to release date.

And it also threw me off, as I thought this forum had been removed from RD. But nope, it just moved down the list. Hehe x3