1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

EU Premium Project Cars Race Club Summer Holiday.

Discussion in 'Project CARS Racing Club' started by Kenny Paton, Aug 19, 2016.

1. Kenny Paton

Kenny Paton
    Backmarker Champion 2015 & so far this year. Staff Premium Member

road_trip_logo_car_new.gif
    The pCars club is taking a two week summer holiday starting after this Sunday's Le Mans race.
    While we are away can I ask for you all to give some thought of how we go about increasing participation in club events and why numbers have declined. Would some changes to days, times, combos, race lengths etc. encourage more people to join.
    All comments gratefully received.:)

• Like Like x 4
  2. Kenny Paton

Kenny Paton

3. Stig Bidstrup

Stig Bidstrup
    Blip ! The Throttle Premium Member

I haven't been able to find the RD server a few times---so I gave up on this

4. Andy Jackson

Andy Jackson
    Sponsored by BRUT Premium Member

Have a good break Kenny and Lars. Thanks for all your hard work.
    As for my reason for not participating, well that's easy. It's gotten too serious. There are numerous threads with aliens bragging how fast they are and to be honest, that puts me off. I'll join the odd race that suits me time permitting and when I see the server not so full and with cars that I favour. As for times, they are fine by me. I would also prefer more mandatory pitstops.
    Cheers
    Good evening.:thumbsup:

5. Kenny Paton

Kenny Paton

Thanks Andy, but it was really the Project Cars club I was asking about specifically. It's a nice friendly crowd but numbers are dwindling so trying to see if there's changes that would lure people back:)
    But glad to see you in any club mate so jump in soon:thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
  6. Andy Jackson

Andy Jackson
    Sponsored by BRUT Premium Member

Yeah sorry Kenny. I presumed this was about RRE. My apologies.

This club is slightly different. I do intend to do some more Pcars online soon. Just not enough time in the day at the moment plus a death in the family last week. Life gets in the way sometimes.
    Me personally for this club, I really don't know how you could attract more members. Not many actually like Pcars for some reason. I love it for some fun racing. I hope it picks up soon.
    Cheers
    Andy

7. Kenny Paton

Kenny Paton

Thanks again Andy and my condolences on your loss.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Wicked

Wicked
    #StanceNation Premium Member

For the club, I do enjoy the more laid back approach where we have a lot of room for laughs and jokes in the Teamspeak, both during practise as well as the race. I would love to keep that atmosphere.

For the game itself, pCars has never been a super popular title so imo we should just work with what we got. Can't expect full grids, I don't think that will happen.

So for me ,I'd love it if we focus on the things PCars does offer, ditch the mandatory weekly GT3s and just go with all sorts of cars the game has to offer (Old Formula, LMP, DTM 90's , V8's , Stock cars etc)

That, and some different weather conditions should be fun as well. Perhaps Race #1 in the dry / clear and race #2 in the rain ,fog or night.When it comes to track's. I'm not again anything, there are some favorites (Nords, Laguna Seca) and some less favorites (le mans, Monza) but all in all I am up for any track.

The most memorable races I've had with the Club where the DTM 90's and Group 5's on Zolder and Bathurst. Not that I don't have fun with a GT3 race, but doing those very often and it gets stale.

My 2 cents on the club and it's future. You can surely expect me to come back and race in it in September :)

Last edited: Aug 22, 2016
    • Like Like x 3
  9. Flying Kefran

Flying Kefran
    From Gran Turismo to pCars

I am also not a big fan of swapping cars during the evening. It makes preparation relatively time consuming for races that are very very short.

I was participating to a race series a few years ago, the format was 2 races but same car and location for both:
    - Qualifiers
    - sprint race (10 laps), on the short version of the track when it existed
    - Longer race on the full track (grid based on previous race results)

It was quite fun and easy to prepare. Transitions between races were also very efficient.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  10. jimortality

jimortality
    Premium Member

Yeah just one class per night for me Kenny. I'm now back at work full time after being off ill and my shift pattern doesn't always allow me to take part and sometimes, I'm so tired that I end up withdrawing from races because I just can't race when I'm knackered. I don't think there is anything much to be done when we have so many sims and when new updates come out, people jump on that bandwagon for a few weeks then something else gets updated and another sim sees a rise in numbers and so on. Also, I know some people only play one sim all the time but most of us flit between different sims and again with so much choice of race nights which do we prioritise to join. Then the issues of online instability for some can also put people off and it's not always a level playing field regards to level. Yes yes it's all good fun but is it really? I really wish we could have different levels of racing or have handicaps against the aliens lol. They do take it a lot more seriously than us mere mortals and rightly so because they've worked hard to get to that standard but you don't have such a talent gap in real racing. At the moment it's all about the new f1 game so people are into that and next month it'll be something else and I feel we as a forum miss opportunities. Have an f1 night while it's popular. Just a one off instead of another sim with no attendees, mix and match to try different things. It's no good just keep putting automobilsta nights on or r3e or pcars or any of them if you're flogging a dead horse. Be more flexible in club nights, it's like well we can't do that because we have such and such a race even with 5 people but we can't change it well YES WE CAN CHANGE IT. Don't ever be frightened to change please. Bloody hell sorry for rambling on lol

• Like Like x 1
  11. Kurupt CDN

Kurupt CDN
    Touring car fanatic Premium Member

like stig....i aswell havent been able to find the server in months so i gave up joining.
    Plus the majority of races feel on the same day as RRE which i focus more on for mp fix.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Wicked

Wicked
    #StanceNation Premium Member

I actually never find the server, I just join off somebody else haha.
    If you are in the Racedepartment group on Steam it's pretty convenient to join off somebody else :D

As for running 1 set of cars per evening I'm fine with that. I personally really dont prepare until the actual practice session of the race. I'm in it for fun and so far I've been somewhere in the pack without practice. But like I said, I also have no objection to running 1 set of cars per evening.

I agree with Jim in saying that a race can be less fun if it's full of 'aliens'. So far the PCars club is pretty balanced atleast in my eyes.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Kenny Paton

Kenny Paton

Thanks for all your replies, we can only see what we can do, hopefully as winter approaches and the dark nights draw in we might get more interested parties.
    Tuesday's race is posted and I will try for a Sunday lunchtime race the following week to see how that goes.