PC1 Project Cars: Official Gamescom Trailer

Bram

Founder & Administrator
Staff
Premium
Slightly Mad Studios' upcoming multiplatform racing simulator Project Cars can be played at Gamescom 2014 this weekend.

However If you aren't amongst the thousands of lucky gaming fans that will visit Europe's largest game fair you can get a taste of Project Cars via the cinematic trailer above or check out a great looking new set of screenshots in full glory here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here and here,

Project Cars will race to your (online) local game shops this November when the game is released for Windows PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4 and in 2015 for the Wii U and Steam OS.

For more on Pcars make sure to check out the forum or share your latest photos and videos in our dedicated gallery.

More race game trailers and (sim)racing action videos can be found on our YouTube channel.

• Deleted member 113561

Project Cars will race to your (online) local game shops this November when the game is released for Windows PC, Xbox One and in 2015 for the PlayStation 4, Wii U and Steam OS

Thats incorrect!

www.projectcarsgame.com/faq.html said:
AVAILABILITY
When is Project CARS coming out?
November 2014 on Windows, Xbox One, and PlayStation 4. 2015 on Wii U and Steam OS. Pre-order it right here!

i wish steam (or anyone in the US) had this available! we've been able to 'pre-order now!' for a few days yet & zero pricing details or even options for PC users. combined with the limited edition 'bonus' announcement, really disappointing unrolling by sms.

How would you define "Average"?

I'd say a top of the range pc now with one graphics card. Many of the shots are taken as stills with low framerates or slow FPS in my opinion. I have a quite powerful gaming PC (built this year) and I don't care what any fan boy investor says, these shots do not represent the normal game play graphics in my personal opinion.
:cool:
(waits for the usual investor insults)

I'd say a top of the range pc now with one graphics card. Many of the shots are taken as stills with low framerates or slow FPS in my opinion. I have a quite powerful gaming PC (built this year) and I don't care what any fan boy investor says, these shots do not represent the normal game play graphics in my personal opinion.
:cool:
(waits for the usual investor insults)

Andy, maybe the reason for the "fan boy investors" "insulting" you is because of your condescending attitude towards them? I mean come on, was that really necessary?

Yeah some of the more res shots are probably from low FPS gameplay, but a lot of them are probably from pretty playable FPS. I think the main thing why gameplay doesn't have the same wow factor as some screenshots simply comes down to the angles of the shots. Almost any game looks considerably better if you know how to take proper pictures, and that's more or less the case here. If I took screenshots of normal gameplay, and then some shots with better angles, I bet I could get a few shots that seem to "not represent normal gameplay" as it were.

Let me clarify: I'm not saying you're wrong, I agree that there are some shots that don't represent normal gameplay because the settings are cranked. But at the same time, anyone who is competent enough is more than capable of getting pictures (or video) that look far better than plain gameplay (and not just in pCARS).

Edit: Woops, in my first paragraph I'm referring to photos whereas I think you meant video clips. If that's the case I do disagree with the low framerates bit simply because the video would be very choppy if the footage did come from low framerate capture. Yes the slo-mo bits too, if you're recording 15fps footage, even if you're playing in slo-mo (in game), it's still going to look like 15fps footage.

Last edited:
Curious, what don't you like about Steam? I find it very convenient to have all 12-13 of my racing games/sims (all but one - GSCE) accessible from one interface, in addition to common access to forums and patches/updates. Works very well.
Its not that I don't like steam; I have quite a few games from there myself. But all of those games have pretty small footprints. My internet download speed is pathetic :( I'm worried that PCars is going to be huge with all those hi res textures. I'd rather buy it on a disc. If it ends up being 40gig or more, I probably wont even bother. By the time I downloaded that, Pcars 2 would be out...

Its not that I don't like steam; I have quite a few games from there myself. But all of those games have pretty small footprints. My internet download speed is pathetic :( I'm worried that PCars is going to be huge with all those hi res textures. I'd rather buy it on a disc. If it ends up being 40gig or more, I probably wont even bother. By the time I downloaded that, Pcars 2 would be out...
I may be wrong, but I suspect that you'll still end up with a large download from Steam anyway.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 71 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 99 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 141 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 265 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 385 39.9%