PC1 Project CARS new Zonda Revolucion Teasers

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Project CARS Zonda 2.jpg

Slightly Mad Studios have released some new teaser images of the upcoming Pagani Zonda Revolucion due to be released with the new Project CARS Game Of The Year Edition.

Slated for a Spring, 2016 release on all platforms, PCARS GOTY Edition will feature a total of 125 cars (an additional 50 from the initial release) and over 100 variations of 35 racing circuits from around the globe. Perhaps of most interest will be the addition of the endurance layout of one of the worlds most famous circuits - the fabled Nurburgring Nordschleife. The endurance layout allows drivers to race the full Nordschleife combined with the more recent Grand Prix circuit.

The Game of the Year release will also include updates which have been anticipated since the game launched back in 2015 (a mammoth 500+ features and improvements) and over 60 community-created liveries to compliment the paint schemes already available with the studio created content.

The new Zonda is an attractive looking beast, powered by an AMG designed 800hp 6.0 litre V12 engine - capable of reaching speeds of up to 217mph, including use of an on board Formula One style DRS option!

The real life version of the Revolucion comes in at a cool 2.2 million Euros plus tax and is considered by Pagani as "the apex of the celebration of performance, technology and art applied to a track car."

Project CARS Game of The Year Edition will be released on May 6th 2016 across all platforms.

Don't forget to check our very own Project CARS forum for all the latest news and discussions. We hold regular Racing Club events for all driver skill levels across all platforms.

Looking forward to the new Zonda? Will you be purchasing the GOTY Edition of Project CARS? How has the game felt post Patch 10 release? Let us know in the comments section below!

Project CARS Zonda 2.jpg Project CARS Zonda 3.jpg Project CARS Zonda 4.jpg Project CARS Zonda 5.jpg Project CARS Zonda.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Grass, damage, driving in the wet all forgiving for the casual player = Simcade.

Proper Pit stops, full 24 hour races, multiples race, damage (lets face it no game does damage right so you can't use that), no rewinds, proper race rules = Sim. I feel you misunderstand, like most, the definition of simcade and clearly didn't read the post I quoted properly. Issues with physics are not arcade features, they are issues with physics which EVERY sim has. Thus according to you definition even Iracing is simcade because it has physics issues, however having issues with physics does not make a game simcade.

Proper Pit stops, full 24 hour races, multiples race, damage (lets face it no game does damage right so you can't use that), no rewinds, proper race rules = Sim. I feel you misunderstand, like most, the definition of simcade and clearly didn't read the post I quoted properly. Issues with physics are not arcade features, they are issues with physics which EVERY sim has. Thus according to you definition even Iracing is simcade because it has physics issues, however having issues with physics does not make a game simcade.

Intentionally designed to be forgiving and not realistic = arcade IMO.

You can now stop with the ridiculous simcade comments. You are pushing a moot point and it really makes me roll eyes.

If a game that has no option to switch to first gear and false start is called a sim, then by all means mario kar is a sim.

Intentionally designed to be forgiving and not realistic = arcade IMO.

You do realise that the new tire model in AC fits that descritpion. Also the sims still have to be fun, cause if it was 100% accurate the company would go broke as no one would play it due to the difficulty, so yes some points need to be made to be more forgiving, doesn't mean its not a sim.
You can now stop with the ridiculous simcade comments. You are pushing a moot point and it really makes me roll eyes.

If a game that has no option to switch to first gear and false start is called a sim, then by all means mario kar is a sim.

Im assuming your referring to AC?? But otherwise I would agree that that is a fairly good definition of between sim and arcade, though l feel it is a little too specific. Personally I agree with you that the whole simcade this is pointless which is why it annoys me when people use it. A better system would be to use a spectrum with GT as a beginner entry sim to GPL as an expert sim.

I guess you forgot that AC was being advertised on steam back in 2012 as "Coming Spring 2013"...... but was delayed till Christmas 2014 with far less features and content at launch than Pcars...but hey:whistling:

That's why pCARS will never be on the same level as AC is. It gives you only poor quality content and NFS physics. That's all what you can have from the pCARS ;) And to make a proper car and a track they need time. And with that they were small team back in than ;) And another thing is they didn't ask people to found their project and stabbing them all the time in the back because there is no AC 2 announced. But hey... ^^

That's why pCARS will never be on the same level as AC is. It gives you only poor quality content and NFS physics. That's all what you can have from the pCARS ;) And to make a proper car and a track they need time. And with that they were small team back in than ;) And another thing is they didn't ask people to found their project and stabbing them all the time in the back because there is no AC 2 announced. But hey... ^^

Thanks for your indepth info......tho i dont really care to compare the 2 titles as they both collect dust on my hdd ;) I was merely responding to your quote about pcars being delayed.

Thanks for your indepth info......tho i dont really care to compare the 2 titles as they both collect dust on my hdd ;) I was merely responding to your to your quote about pcars being delayed.

That was not about the delay bot about the time that they have to put into creating pCARS :p

EDIT: But as I said each to own taste but still you can't compare phisics of those two because we have a clear winner here xD

I don't know which version of pCars you tried but as it is now pCars has a better tyre physic and it's far less forgiving than AC. For sure AC has other better qualities than pCars but in general both of them don't pretend to be "simulator" but to sell you the feeling of driving their cars. I just can't imagine that drive, for example, a GT40 is easy as in AC or pCars...

Giuseppe. It's a lost war. Let's keep playing PCars, and AC of course, but don't try to explain to funboys why maybe Pcars is a sim not less than ac or others....
IT'S ONLY TASTE.
driving is something more than all of these, this is only for our fun, and these forums too.
Imho, of course.

That's why pCARS will never be on the same level as AC is. It gives you only poor quality content and NFS physics. (...)

Out of curiousity: When was the last time you fired up e.g. S2U with the UCP? In my experience, the difference between how S2U+UCP and pCARS drive and behave is rather obvious, which from my perspective weakens your argument considerably. And I'm not sure I agree with the poor quality content either; you'll probably need to be a bit more specific there? Are we talking poor graphical assets or what?

AIUI, the tyre model in pCARS is capable of a very varied spectrum of behaviour. And I would also argue that the Madness engine tech is certainly sim-quality in many areas (with room for improvement in other areas). In terms of calibration (data) for the physics engine (program), I would argue that the point of sims is to converge with observable reality and not what sim-racers raised on GPL are used to, but that's a topic for another day.

And speaking of sims and their loyal following: What I don't get is the false dichotomy surrounding AC vs pCARS (or SCE/Automobilista vs pCARS). Defining anything that isn't just like one's preferred sim as not-sim seems a bit silly to me, though you're obviously free to prefer one product over another.

By analogy, it would be a bit like saying that because I prefer Heineken, Carlsberg/Foster's/Budweiser is not real beer, when in reality the mentioned products compete for the same customers and are certainly classified as beer.

In closing it seems relevant to ask: Since pCARS was brought to consoles and since sim enthusiast apparently feel that "console == arcade" by definition, does that imply that AC -- which is in the process of being ported to consoles -- is becoming arcade too? Or does this rule-of-thumb not apply to $MY_FAVOURITE_SIM? :)

EDIT: Brainfart -- I wrote that Automobilista is being ported to consoles, which it isn't. Oops.

Last edited:
In closing it seems relevant to ask: Since pCARS was brought to consoles and since sim enthusiast apparently feel that "console == arcade" by definition, does that imply that Automobilista and AC -- which are both in the process of being ported to consoles -- are becoming arcade too? Or does this rule-of-thumb not apply to $MY_FAVOURITE_SIM? :)

Is AMS being ported to consoles?

Out of curiousity: When was the last time you fired up e.g. S2U with the UCP? In my experience, the difference between how S2U+UCP and pCARS drive and behave is rather obvious, which from my perspective weakens your argument considerably. And I'm not sure I agree with the poor quality content either; you'll probably need to be a bit more specific there? Are we talking poor graphical assets or what?

AIUI, the tyre model in pCARS is capable of a very varied spectrum of behaviour. And I would also argue that the Madness engine tech is certainly sim-quality in many areas (with room for improvement in other areas). In terms of calibration (data) for the physics engine (program), I would argue that the point of sims is to converge with observable reality and not what sim-racers raised on GPL are used to, but that's a topic for another day.

And speaking of sims and their loyal following: What I don't get is the false dichotomy surrounding AC vs pCARS (or SCE/Automobilista vs pCARS). Defining anything that isn't just like one's preferred sim as not-sim seems a bit silly to me, though you're obviously free to prefer one product over another.

By analogy, it would be a bit like saying that because I prefer Heineken, Carlsberg/Foster's/Budweiser is not real beer, when in reality the mentioned products compete for the same customers and are certainly classified as beer.

In closing it seems relevant to ask: Since pCARS was brought to consoles and since sim enthusiast apparently feel that "console == arcade" by definition, does that imply that Automobilista and AC -- which are both in the process of being ported to consoles -- are becoming arcade too? Or does this rule-of-thumb not apply to $MY_FAVOURITE_SIM? :)

Well if you are asking me about the quality let me explain you a little bit more about that:

Lets take a look at the tracks how well are they made and how accurate are they. Tracks are poorly made with (maybe) decent quality but they sure have a lack of accuracy. Some of them are laser scanned but most of them are not and you can see from the helicopter that for an example Nordschleife is really poorly made. Take a look at the Silverstone and bumps how pathetic they are.

Now lets go to the cars. The quality of models is amazing. The quality of sounds is terrible. Since when do Renault Megane RS and Mercedes A 45 AMG sound about the same??? And since when do Mclaren 12C, Mclaren P1 and Mclaren Mp4-12C GT3 sound about the same??? Sure they have the same engine but they sound very different. I tried to explain that to content managers but they attacked me like a kids like I don't know anything. And those aee only for an example and there are many more cars that sound silly and sound the same as others.

Now lets go to the third part - weather. Nice, it has is and it sucks. That rain effect is only an addition as a candy to the graphics. No real effect on driving. I prefer not to have it and not to have it as a candy.

I could go furthermore but I think there is no need for now.

The tyre model...well you can put a world class tyre model in that game but it won't help the game because physics are terrible. And I speak as a gamepad user and can't imagine how terrible is with the wheel. As all my friends have it and all say the same...it drives like a crap and is a true nightmare.

And no...I am not a fanboy of the AC because I have other racing games such as R3E and rFactor 2 and this is objectively looking criticism. So, I don't hate the game and I don't love the game. It has more negative things than positive. The only thing I like in that game is content (cars) and that's why I bought it. But if I would have a choice to reconsider my purchase I would say "no-way, not gonna buy it!" But that is a lesson I have learned for pCARS 2 ;)

You sure look like an AC fanboy :roflmao:
To me both games are in the same level. I'm waiting for the next version of them both to see how it goes. I hope they both learned their lessons. But I don't think AC2 will appear any time soon unfortunately.

You sure look like an AC fanboy :roflmao:
To me both games are in the same level. I'm waiting for the next version of them both to see how it goes. I hope they both learned their lessons. But I don't think AC2 will appear any time soon unfortunately.

Nah...if you want to explain some things you simply have to compare :p

As I said I like pCars because of the cars but don't get me wrong. There are some things I don't like about the AC and other sims :D

The best racing game would be a combination of pCARS and AC IMO :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back