PC1 Project Cars mostly hype? Your opinions

This thing has been hyped so much.
I swore I wouldn't buy another car game unless i tried a demo first. But like all the other sheep, I followed and purchased it.

Thus far it's been a massive disappointment
Played in: 4800x900 resolution
No driver's aids
Logitech driving force GT
DTM car at Spa
Default force feedback settings

*Little to no steering feel.- I don't feel like I'm driving on ice though.
*Arcade style driving (extremely forgiving) on the hardest settings.
*cockpit sides are stretched oblong
*BEAUTIFUL GRAPHICS overall though.
*audio left alot to be desired.

Are either tracks accurate?
I compared DTM cars in R3E at Hockeheim & pCars at Hockenheim.
pCars seemed more difficult due to the shadows cast on the track, light reflections... so I had difficulty picking up some brake markers, but the track itself seemed easier to drive (less turning in corners), no tire squealing, basically turn the steering wheel according to the video on the screen - like an arcade game.

The cars were worlds apart.
R3E: you felt the weight transfer, heard the tires scrubbing then squealing as they lost grip, felt/heard the oversteer, the understeer.
pCars: I just hear alot of wind noise. or what sounds like wind noise.
Drive too fast? no problem in pCars just slam on the brakes mid-corner.
Drive too fast in R3E, slide off the track - tires squealing & screeching the whole way, then dig yourself out of the gravel.

Right now, my impression is that pCars is a better version of Grid Autosport.
Somewhere between Arcade and Sim - leaning more towards arcade.

Admittedly, I have optmized R3E and I was only in pCars for about half an hour and need to change fov, force feedback, and audio settings.

What's your impression of pCars to other games?

AC is a very, very good product-- although still in development in a lot of areas. Some of the modders working in it are really talented and some great stuff will eventually come out for it through modding.

Except that the amount of available car mods is actually less now than it was a few months ago, several of the best mods/modders have given up on their cars fed up with Kunos constantly breaking car mods with even minor updates to the game.
We've already lost some of the best cars, possibly for good I suspect.
Such a shame.

So which will be the most popular game for Racedepartment? I'm looking for some funraces and some league action and i don't want to sign up to empty events.

Im a bit tired how AC handles multiplayer and the servers out there but i know PCars aint perfect either soo... What do you think?

Wrong on both counts, also, I've spent plenty of time supporting REAL sims, but I'm not buying into this everythings a sim all of a sudden, it's stupid from a programming POV as it's not only time consuming, but it seems that only a few programmers really know how to maximize the physics and FFB so as to allow for a car that drives well, especially at or near the limit.

I don't care if you like or buy pcars, and I suspect sales have been pretty good, bearing in mind that only 266k units needed to be sold to break even, and my guess it's probably done 2-4x that number, but don't lie or exaggerate about me when I tell the truth about a product you worship, either as a ego or $$$$$ thing.

If you are going to spreak with any authority on the what the gameplay is like or the physics, do you actually own the game?

Last edited:
I'm loving Project Cars,I have all the other sims and I love them too.But this is keeping me away from them.The offline racing is very good.and that's all I play.More quality racing games are always welcome in my book.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 313 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 213 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 209 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 157 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 272 13.5%