Project CARS Modding Questions & WIP

i dont think it is a problem. He can publish his mods on any illegal websites and noone can know who he really is. There are tons of illegal mods and mod websites on the internet.

I am sure the laferrari will come when its done...as far as ported mods the quality all depends on the modder themselves...some are quality orientated ...some are quantity orientated. There is a lot a person can do with a existing mod to make them high quality...to the model, physics etc.

Wow that is not bad...but i can't help...but i have a question, which guide did you use to convert? I'd love to give it a try with some of the DLC cars for Shift2 so maybe if i face the same problems i can solve them and help you... and for the problem, maybe you need to upload some datas/files ;)

IN big details it seems quiet like your camera has been set to the wrong point.... there is that one lightbar which is going through the car like as if there would be a copypaste from where it is normally done and than the point on the second half of the car.... and the headlightbars they are too displayed only on the second half of the car(hope you understand what i mean)...

Last edited:
Hi, I decided to try to convert the car from Shift 2, but a problem with the reflections in the glass. On the rear window, reflection is correct, and the rest - is not correct. Maybe someone can help me?
The UV mapping of the other windows are bad in the S2U source model. Check the mapping against a paint template of the car and you'll see what I'm talking about. The windshield and side glass are mappped (oddly stretched) across the front of the car (when checked against a template). Just generate new mapping and map to the correct location of a template.

The UV mapping of the other windows are bad in the S2U source model. Check the mapping against a paint template of the car and you'll see what I'm talking about. The windshield and side glass are mappped (oddly stretched) across the front of the car (when checked against a template). Just generate new mapping and map to the correct location of a template.
Thanks, I'll try to fix)

JDougNY, and you do not plan on making the translated files? as you did for the 2 shift, because it marked the beginning of modding shift 2;) and all modders would not prevent your help. (I apologize for my English, I write through Google translator)

@Stlaker90
For pCars, it seems that people are diving right into the modding (like yourself, autoprophet, etc), due to all that we learned from modding S2U. Because, it all carries forward into the new game. Of course, pCars has new challenges (more coded files, new tyre model to deal with, more tricks in the UV channels of the Mebs, etc)

At this point, I haven't dug much into pCars, as far as modding. I was making one car after another (my personal conversions) in S2U and burnt myself out. I've just been monitoring the progress of other modders for pCars.

The main thing holding me back (in pCars) is having to hex edit every physics file by hand. For pCars, the Machine Dojo team has some type of script that generates usable physics files for any new addon cars. I'm sort of waiting to see the physics script, before I consider modding pCars.

I dunno, I'm getting sort of bored (no new games of interest) and will probably try to bring one of my cars into pCars in the near future.

So, I spent some time today on pCars working with a new "tester" addon car, hex editing the windscreen MEB and got the rain working. I know that Autoprophet released a Zonda with rain working, but that windscreen was just a copy of existing pCars MEB with no edits.
This is a pic of the tester (so, some items of the cockpit are not completed). Also, I would need to detach wipers as their own meb and animate, too.....
pcars_rain_test1.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
pcars_rain_test1.jpg

Small problem with hex editing the Meb was that graphic anomalies appear in certain views...see the pic below....
pcars_rain_test2.jpg

Perhaps somebody from Machine Dojo modding team (or another modder) has resolved this anomaly on their own tester cars and would care to respond?

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 348 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 480 38.9%