PC1 Project CARS Logitech DFGT settings

@Jake Fangio

Do you think they were okay before?, I was loving the R8 at the Glen last night then I saw the post about the setting not being right on here then it all unraveled. 3 hours later messing around and still not as happy as I was.
I thought they were pretty good to be honest.Everytime I try someone elses i always come back to yours.I think you've done enough,and you've given everyone a good understanding of how this system works.:thumbsup:

I thought they were pretty good to be honest.Everytime I try someone elses i always come back to yours.I think you've done enough,and you've given everyone a good understanding of how this system works.:thumbsup:
Thanks Jake, if my CPU still works tonight I will double check my settings for the wheel FFB, if they are right I will post them and then go on holiday! (Which by the way I will be on my honeymoon in two weeks time).

I dont think I have setup a sim that has been so divisive or as complicated as Pcars usually there is a definitive answer by now but everyones results vary massively. Should of just left well alone but a bit of OCD kicked in.

Thanks Jake, if my CPU still works tonight I will double check my settings for the wheel FFB, if they are right I will post them and then go on holiday! (Which by the way I will be on my honeymoon in two weeks time).

I dont think I have setup a sim that has been so divisive or as complicated as Pcars usually there is a definitive answer by now but everyones results vary massively. Should of just left well alone but a bit of OCD kicked in.
Congrats on the wedding. You could see all this tinkering as a distraction to the big day.It's been your saviour!!.

That is exactly the conclusion I came to, the centre is really loose, the FFB felt good in the corners, but went back to rubbish on the straights.

It's like we can only have one or the other, I tried for three hours last night changing every setting high and low (which is a ball ache as you have too leave the track to change anything on the wheel FFb settings) and nothing could get me that feel I had at dead centre with the 0.10 applied.

that's why I am just thinking of going back to it, I was really enjoying it on those settings so why don't I just run it at that!

Yeah, spent about the same last night, it is hard to get the DFGT exact, but I think I am about to compromise on my settings soon. I have had dead zone up to 0-.15 FBB all over the place btwn 40 -60+, but the relative gain feels better to me around 1.00 or less (this can be set at 1.00, if you reset wheel).

update see new wheel settings in Fanatec GT3 wheel settings page

Last edited:
Assetto corsa transmits the bumps and little changes in the road's surface with great detail while Project Cars does not at all; it is dead in the straits and it makes it hard to get immersed in the driving experience after having come from Assetto corsa. I've tried the same track with the same car in both games and Assetto Corsa is far more detailed in the FFB as far as the road's surface goes. I love almost everything else in Project cars as it transmits the car losing grip very well but really falls short in the road response. Like other's I've spent hours twiddling the various extremes on the ffb settings and still have had very little as far as feeling the road bumps like you can very well in Assetto corsa. Disappointed in Pcars for this one reason. It just seems as though this level of programming is simply non existent in Project Cars. We don't expect it to be real from a "game" but Assetto Corsa nailed it and PC failed in that regard in my opinion.

Unless someone has figured out that magic setting in Cars that changes all of this.

If I had never played Assetto Corsa I would probably never had known what I was missing in Project Cars

Assetto corsa transmits the bumps and little changes in the road's surface with great detail while Project Cars does not at all; it is dead in the straits and it makes it hard to get immersed in the driving experience after having come from Assetto corsa. I've tried the same track with the same car in both games and Assetto Corsa is far more detailed in the FFB as far as the road's surface goes. I love almost everything else in Project cars as it transmits the car losing grip very well but really falls short in the road response. Like other's I've spent hours twiddling the various extremes on the ffb settings and still have had very little as far as feeling the road bumps like you can very well in Assetto corsa. Disappointed in Pcars for this one reason. It just seems as though this level of programming is simply non existent in Project Cars. We don't expect it to be real from a "game" but Assetto Corsa nailed it and PC failed in that regard in my opinion.

Unless someone has figured out that magic setting in Cars that changes all of this.

If I had never played Assetto Corsa I would probably never had known what I was missing in Project Cars

It's because there are no canned effects active in Pcars, all the FFB is generated by the physics.
Some tracks have a bit more going on on the straights like Oulton Park but others are lacking.
I don't think a canned effect will be enabled so the best hope is that the tracks will be improved to include some microbumps on the straights.

I do think that your experience with AC might give a wrong comparison, on very smooth tracks there should not be 'that' much going on while driving straight... were i do agree wholeheartedly that there's currently a definite lack in Pcars.

So I'm messing around in the le mans track where you can get rather fast. I noticed on all the straight ways, all the cars, the wheel vibrates like CRAZY. is there a way to lessen this? I have to hang on to the wheel for dear life... I'm using the exact same setup as the original post.

FFB settings have totally changed in the latest update. I recommend setting soft clipping (half) to 0.0. Also lower the master scale for each car specific setting to less than 20. Other than that I am still in testing we can't edit posts at the moment.

I got married yesterday so excuse my tardiness in updating any settings, I had a few laps though the morning of the big day.

I got married yesterday so excuse my tardiness in updating any settings, I had a few laps though the morning of the big day.
106048-Wisers-Whiskey-Slow-Clap-Remak-gmul.gif

Aint no woman changing me ;)

Much!

I also had some racing elements allowed on the wedding day. I'll post some pics when we get them.

Now off on my honeymoon, so if anyone finds some good settings post them and I can try them when I return and hopefully we will be able to edit again soon.

Have fun everyone because I will be :inlove:

Aint no woman changing me ;)

Much!

I also had some racing elements allowed on the wedding day. I'll post some pics when we get them.

Now off on my honeymoon, so if anyone finds some good settings post them and I can try them when I return and hopefully we will be able to edit again soon.

Have fun everyone because I will be :inlove:
Try not to wear it out!.;)

Hi guys, from a little skim read through of the thread, looks like DFGT is still having trouble.
Lazarou, you're saying ure 'sticking with settings i had before'? which settings have ya found to best best so far?

Thanks very much :) and congrats :)

Updated with new settings in OP. Sorry for my lateness in doing this.

Make sure the master scale for each car is around 14 depending on personal preference all other settings stay the same otherwise you will get clipping.
9kXrVsW.jpg

hlnMNfl.jpg

AlByWmQ.jpg

Ok So I decided to wait to get the game until the bugs got sorted out. With the release of patch2.5 I figured it was time. I purchased it yesterday and tried to play for a while. I used the DFGT settings on a thread here. The issue I am having is that the wheel seems to have a delayed response. At times there's like half a second lag when I let off the gas or turn the wheel.

This is making the game very hard to play.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back