1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Featured Project Cars launch trailer released. Retail PC edition delayed in Australia.

Discussion in 'Project CARS' started by Alex Franchini, May 5, 2015.

1. Here's the launch trailer for Project Cars, the long-awaited title from Slightly Mad Studios.

The lights are almost green for Project Cars. After several delays the multiplatform racing title is finally ready to speed onto the market on May 7th...but not in Australia.

Unluckily, storms have been hitting the Sydney area, and the Namco Bandai warehouse containing the boxed PC copies of the title has been flooded. According to Kotaku Australia, the copies of the game have been "severely damaged".

The release date for the boxed edition of the PC game has been moved to May 8th so, hopefully, it's not going to be a big delay.

The PS4 and Xbox One versions are not affected by this, along with, obviously, the Steam versions.

• Like Like x 3
    • Beer Beer x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. "Severely damage"
    That's what I'd say too if I handed them out to my friends before launch ;)

• Haha Haha x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Sunny Sky Speed

Sunny Sky Speed
    Livery Designer Premium Member

Nice trailer. Makes me wanna buy it. I'll never abandon AC though. Tough break in Sydney, I guess karma has its strange ways...they just kept postponing Project Cars until the storm was there....

• Haha Haha x 1
  4. Frank

Frank
    Administrator Staff Premium Member

We can play ALL the sims!

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Haha Haha x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. I'm confused as i thought that the release date was already may 8th for the boxed PC edition ?

6. Sunny Sky Speed

Sunny Sky Speed

Maybe I'll buy it so I can make skins for Project Cars too.

• Like Like x 1
  7. The reviews are flowing in and almost universally positive so far. Metacritic is in the mid-80's. Congratulations SMS and WMD!!!

• Like Like x 4
  8. Dinca Andrei

Dinca Andrei
    Premium Member

Wha..i`ve received a 20% coupon for pCars...thats 10 bucks,the money i invested at the very beginning of pCars...it came as a surprise...

• Like Like x 2
  9. Yes, congrats to SMS and WMD on releasing pCARS.

I am interested to see the reviewer rating compared to the reviewer's starting point for racing games (arcade-style, sim-style, console racer, pc racer, etc).

10. Same here, some sites say the 8th, some the 7th.
    I don't know wether to get excited or not!

• Haha Haha x 1
  11. Well, some of the reviews do raise questions about the online structure of the game - and they're still reviews in progress. Eurogamer.net says it's not the most realistic game out there and the recurring comparison seems to be Grid Autosport. Nothing wrong with a "lightweight sim" title, mind you, but I'm gonna guess the more hardcore crowd is going to be disappointed.
    Also, EmptyBox (link) seems to be pretty negative about it.
    I dunno. There seem to be a lot of conflicting opinions.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Yapci

Yapci
    Premium Member

Hate it or love it we got to respect what they have done for and with sim racing comunity I think.

13. Sunny Sky Speed

Sunny Sky Speed

Could it be compared with Gran Turismo?