PC1 Project Cars honeymoon over?

It's been out 5 weeks now and If like me, you've maybe given up on this title? I know we all piled in there at the beginning, hoping for that something but after hours and hours of tweaking, crashes online, frame stutter and goodness knows what else! I've lost the desire to actually start the game, knowing that it'll be straight into the settings. I've started playing R3RE lately and yes I thought no way was I going to spend hours again tweaking when the gave us another update. Thankfully, I've been hotlapping with my bud @Bez and within 2 sessions I'd got the ffb somewhere near. Anyway, back to Pcars and the latest patch comes out with expectation and by the sounds of it, it's not too good. I will give it another go tonight but with all the furore on here and endless tweaking, plus all the endless drivel on the official forum it's kind of dampened the whole Pcars experience for me personally. I was a console gamer for many many years and when I switched to PC a couple of years ago, I thought it was great and what a great bunch of people. When Pcars was released, I saw a very different side to the community that I hadn't seen before especially on here. So, how is Pcars for you after 5 weeks? have you moved on? are you still loving it as of day one? Has the patch made it all good for you? Let me know how you're feeling and please, don't start flaming, trolling or anything else. Cheers guys.

Reactions: Bez
My honeymoon is just about to begin!

But after a few races and laps this morning things have definitely improved which contrary to some of my other posts is a good thing.

FFb much improved (although master scale for each car settings is virtually redundant you have to set it that low <20)

AI seem a bit better still a bit crackers at hairpins.

Generally a stabler build, if they continue on this path and at a faster rate they and we will be onto a good thing with PCARS.

It's been out 5 weeks now and If like me, you've maybe given up on this title? I know we all piled in there at the beginning, hoping for that something but after hours and hours of tweaking, crashes online, frame stutter and goodness knows what else! I've lost the desire to actually start the game, knowing that it'll be straight into the settings. I've started playing R3RE lately and yes I thought no way was I going to spend hours again tweaking when the gave us another update. Thankfully, I've been hotlapping with my bud @Bez and within 2 sessions I'd got the ffb somewhere near. Anyway, back to Pcars and the latest patch comes out with expectation and by the sounds of it, it's not too good. I will give it another go tonight but with all the furore on here and endless tweaking, plus all the endless drivel on the official forum it's kind of dampened the whole Pcars experience for me personally. I was a console gamer for many many years and when I switched to PC a couple of years ago, I thought it was great and what a great bunch of people. When Pcars was released, I saw a very different side to the community that I hadn't seen before especially on here. So, how is Pcars for you after 5 weeks? have you moved on? are you still loving it as of day one? Has the patch made it all good for you? Let me know how you're feeling and please, don't start flaming, trolling or anything else. Cheers guys.

I'm on Xbox One using its controller. The patch for that has given me the best pad control I have ever experienced in a racing game on a console. That's my honest view of that.

The rest of it; overall I feel I am testing a beta. This is an extremely promising game, still at beta. Perhaps because it is especially ambitious. Persistant debris is superb, but unfortunately throws up issues in respect of rules and flags (generally absent) about which I have posted seperately.

I am hooked and fascinated by it at present - which might change when F1 2015 comes out.

I had terrible problems with the stuttering during the whole development process.. ever since day 1. It is possible you have the same issue as me (unless you are CPU limited.. what CPU do you have?). Here's how I solved it:

On my laptop I noticed that the ONLY way to get rid of the micro stuttering and general "choppy" feeling of the game, even if the frame rate showed between 70 and 90 on lowest settings, was to enable V-Sync. It's very strange as this is the only game where I absolutely must enable V-sync or use some other method to force the frame rate to be constant and sync to the refresh rate of the monitor. Even slight deviation up or down in framerate causes the game to look very choppy.

Once I have it synced / forced it is silky smooth. There is a HUGE downside to turning on V-sync though.. and that is latency. You'll have quite a bit more latency but it can be somewhat remedied by turning down pre-rendered frames to 1. It's not ideal but I'd rather have a bit of latency than a choppy gaming experience.

If you have an ATI graphics card combined with an AMD CPU then you are in trouble as it seems the Madness engine doesn't like AMD stuff at all.. and AMD seems to be completely incompetent in fixing their drivers (keep in mind, there are quite a few other games out there suffering the same fate). If you have the cash, I highly suggest using Nvidia graphics cards and Intel CPU for now and in the future. You'll be a much happier camper with those. I know it's not a good solution but it's a realistic one at the moment.

Yeah, that's my biggest problem. None of the other bugs bother me as stuttering. I've tried vsync, adaptive, everything. It's only on certain corners but it annoys the **** out of me. I5 4570 3.2ghz 8gb ram GTX 770.
Weird, I run i7 2600k@4.6ghz and gtx770 and I have exactly zero stutters even during fps drops. I can set fps limit to how much I want and the game still runs smooth, however random bugs are killing me.
Where as in AC if I set fps limiter any value above 60 I experience weird unsmooth experience, very high frequency micro stutters appears, which seems to be an issue since new fps limiter was introduced.

Weird, I run i7 2600k@4.6ghz and gtx770 and I have exactly zero stutters even during fps drops. I can set fps limit to how much I want and the game still runs smooth, however random bugs are killing me.
Where as in AC if I set fps limiter any value above 60 I experience weird unsmooth experience, very high frequency micro stutters appears, which seems to be an issue since new fps limiter was introduced.
Could the 4.6ghz versus my 3.2ghz be a factor?

Never bought it b/c was a team member and in three years put less than 50 hours into and always 20-30 minutes at a time only to think "yeah....nope", vow to never try it again...try it again anyway...SOOOOOOOOOOO relieved for it to be released to end the pain...

Any title in which "some cars are good ; others are not" is suspect to me and not only will I not bother to test every car in a title looking for a single good one, it simply makes no sense at all why some would be good and others not unless you are fudging physics so....there you go :poop:

I have a i7 4790 (3.60 GHz), 16Gb RAM.
I´m experienced a very odd stuttering problem. As soon as the AI start to pit, the stutters begin.

I´m only able to run he game with v-sync in game off (ON in NVcontrol panel), AND -fpscap 63. Otherwise stutters and/or tearing.

Have checked temps (GPU and CPU), disabled HT... well, everything. :(

Thanks for the tips guys. Any help will be welcome.

Running out of ideas.

I have a i7 4790 (3.60 GHz), 16Gb RAM.
I´m experienced a very odd stuttering problem. As soon as the AI start to pit, the stutters begin.

I´m only able to run he game with v-sync in game off (ON in NVcontrol panel), AND -fpscap 63. Otherwise stutters and/or tearing.

Have checked temps (GPU and CPU), disabled HT... well, everything. :(

Thanks for the tips guys. Any help will be welcome.

Running out of ideas.
What monitor do you use?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 345 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 236 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 234 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 7.9%