PC1 Project CARS has released a taste of the variety of locations they will feature

Project CARS has added to their location list, which they say has "the largest roster of race locations of any recent racing game".

The tracks shown below are those which have been added to the list to this point. There remains many more to come...

Azure Coast

TYPE

Point 2 Point

5 LAYOUTS
Eastbound, Westbound, Stage 1, Stage 2, Stage 3
8265360_orig.png

Azure Circuit

TYPE
Circuit

LAYOUT
GP
8328462_orig.png

California Highway

TYPE
Point 2 Point

5 LAYOUTS
Northbound, Southbound, Stage 1, Stage 2, Stage 3
4621705_orig.jpg

Glencairn

TYPE
Karting Circuit

6 LAYOUTS
GP, Reverse, East, East Reverse, West, West Reverse
1564065_orig.jpg

Mount Panorama

TYPE
Circuit

LAYOUT
GP
1942908_orig.jpg

Oulton Park

TYPE
Circuit

LAYOUTS
Fosters, International, Island
7145897_orig.png

Road America

TYPE
Circuit

LAYOUT
GP
2762007_orig.png

Watkins Glen

TYPE
Circuit

4 LAYOUTS
GP, GP Reverse, Short, Short Reverse
7844941_orig.png

Brands Hatch

TYPE
Circuit

2 LAYOUTS
GP, Indy
1294475_orig.jpg

Dubai Autodrome

TYPE
Circuit, Kart Track

5 LAYOUTS
GP, National, International, Club, Kart
5804424_orig.png

HockenheimRing

TYPE
Circuit

3 LAYOUTS
GP, National, Short
3646388_orig.png

Imola

TYPE
Circuit

LAYOUT
GP
3828_orig.png

Monza

TYPE
Circuit

2 LAYOUTS
GP, Short
8782023_orig.jpg

Motorsport Arena Oschersleben

TYPE

Circuit

LAYOUTS
GP, Indy
9136500_orig.jpg

Silverstone

TYPE
Circuit

4 LAYOUTS
GP, National, International, Stowe
1726198_orig.png

Circuit Zolder

TYPE
Circuit

LAYOUT
GP

4431297_orig.png

With the massive inventory of vehicles, the long list of locations and the stunning visuals, Project CARS is sure to be a game changer. pCARS will release in the US on November 18th for the US and November 21st elsewhere.

For more on Project Cars make sure to check out the forum or share your latest photos and videos in our dedicatedgallery.

Attachments

• Azure Coast Monaco pCARS Project CARS.png
    Azure Coast Monaco pCARS Project CARS.png
    777.1 KB · Views: 538
  • Azure Circuit Monaco pCARS Project CARS.png
    Azure Circuit Monaco pCARS Project CARS.png
    877.5 KB · Views: 482
  • California Highway CA pCARS Project CARS.jpg
    California Highway CA pCARS Project CARS.jpg
    142.8 KB · Views: 419
  • Glencairn pCARS Project CARS.jpg
    Glencairn pCARS Project CARS.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 489
  • Mount Panorama pCARS Project CARS.jpg
    Mount Panorama pCARS Project CARS.jpg
    181.2 KB · Views: 440
  • Oulton Park pCARS Project CARS.png
    Oulton Park pCARS Project CARS.png
    671.2 KB · Views: 590
  • Road America Elkhart Lake WI pCARS Project CARS.png
    Road America Elkhart Lake WI pCARS Project CARS.png
    808.9 KB · Views: 779
  • Watkins Glen pCARS Project CARS.png
    Watkins Glen pCARS Project CARS.png
    866.9 KB · Views: 492
  • Brands Hatch pCARS Project CARS.jpg
    Brands Hatch pCARS Project CARS.jpg
    238.1 KB · Views: 519
  • Dubai Autodrome pCARS Project CARS.png
    Dubai Autodrome pCARS Project CARS.png
    647.6 KB · Views: 485
I mess around with this game a lot lately .
Some cars feel sim like some feel arcade some feel In between -(grip bug)- it changes with every daily build , and then it depends on what track you try ,Monaco in Formula rookie or Formula C when the AI behave :) is a blast , the feeling of the cars are strange but a lot of fun at the same time .

It is the best by far with the DK2 , and I've tried most out there , tested iracing with DK and trackir and I can say this will be great when supported , this will be a very enjoyable drive when released , please don't expect it to be GSC or rF2 it will never be but can be a lot of fun.
Oh and the graphics are stunning IMO .

Let's be honest - it's going to be Shift 3. Anyone expecting anything else is kidding themselves!

If you're realistic, that's not necessarily a bad thing. Shift and Shift 2 had their moments and this is effectively the team which made GTR2 after-all!

There's something about Shift 2's full helmet cam/motion blur/debris flying, exhausts flaming, brakes glowing mode with cars accelerating like the Millenium Falcon (the Boss Mustang S/C!) - but they NEED to do a few things

a - fix the input lag which plagued Shift and Shift2 (but oddly not Test Drive: Ferrari)
b - improve the tyre/physics model
c - support the game rather than abandoning it at birth

We could end-up with a PC 'Forza/GT' and a LOT of people want that - lots of cars, career mode and all that jazz. A lot of people means it must be approachable tho, so expect to have to fiddle to get it to drive how you want it - expect there to be many, many aids - don't expect a hardcore sim because that's not what you're getting here.

We're gonna have to dig-into our pockets for DLC too I reckon - I believe existing 'owners' will loose some of their content before release but I don't think they've said what.

In fact they've said far-too-little for my tastes - they're VERY cagey about the whole shebang (they didn't even talk much about their dodgy crowdfunding thing) so I'm just watching and waiting with no hopes raised.

Well - I did finally finish Shift 2 - man has to clear his backlog and all ;0

As far as I have been told (haven't had a taste of pCARS in a long while, sadly - the rig can't handle it), it's not going to be Shift 3 (considering the "orientation" EA set for the Shift series), but superior to what that would be.

My money is on AJ, Doug and the rest, that they will deliver a good sim.

Lets wait and see.

A lot of people means it must be approachable tho, so expect to have to fiddle to get it to drive how you want it - expect there to be many, many aids - don't expect a hardcore sim because that's not what you're getting here.
I don't see the difference in this regard to AC, GSCE or rFactor II, the option to use aids or not is in all of them.

I don't see the difference in this regard to AC, GSCE or rFactor II, the option to use aids or not is in all of them.
Looking back at Shift and Shift2, their approach was a bit different IMO - I'm assuming that may continue here is all...

Those games (and Forza/GT and others) default to a game playable by everyone and then give options for people who demand a greater challenge - rather than being realistic out-of-the-box and offering aids to people who aren't racing drivers.

Even with the community mods and tyre models, Shift2 is a far cry from rFactor or even Race 07 - despite being based on the same foundations (isiEngine 2 is in all of those somewhere)

That's what I was getting at - a racing game with options to make it 'more sim' rather than a sim with options to make it 'more approachable'

That's what I was getting at - a racing game with options to make it 'more sim' rather than a sim with options to make it 'more approachable'
Actually, they are offering both, start as a true sim and turn on assists, turn off damage, etc. depending on what you like, or start as a racing game and turn off assistz, turn on damage, etc. to suit your preference.

One of the downsides of having videos made by the user community is that of inconsistency. Some may be using a pad and/or driving aids, others may not. Most pre-release game media is strictly limited or controlled by publishers. That is not the case with Pcars. Judging strictly by videos is not reliable in this case. Try it for yourself when it's released or wait to read reviews and post-release community feedback to make a decision about buying Pcars.
I don't see it being that much different from when game reviewers try a racing sim and can't keep it on the road. At least those driving pCARS now are likely to be competent drivers.

I'd say their bigger issue is the people who aren't really early adopters who wanted to alpha test, and were just impatient people who now go around complaining about things that by now might be fixed or at least completely different.

but they NEED to do a few things

a - fix the input lag which plagued Shift and Shift2 (but oddly not Test Drive: Ferrari)
b - improve the tyre/physics model
c - support the game rather than abandoning it at birth
The input lag which I so hated in Shift 1 (and which caused me not to buy Shift 2) really is gone. Completely rebuilt code from scratch.

The tyre/physics is so much a work in progress even today that it's hard to be sure what they will end up with. The tyre modelling is impressively complex (quite possibly the most ambitious of any sim because they are trying to model pretty much everything dynamically rather than using the tried and tested method of lookup tables). They've been through many many iterations of the various road and slick tyres, and feedback has flip-flopped all kinds of directions as one element is improved but another element suffers setbacks.

As we all know, modelling something as complex as a tyre (with flex, heat transfer, etc...) is not simple. The end result for each type of tyre will no doubt be useable, but I expect some tyres will be better than others, and patches over the life of the game will change things.

pCARS support going forward is something I'm very curious about. The devs have DLC plans, of course, but only time will tell how much support they can keep giving the game. We shall see.

Reactions: ONT

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 102 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 183 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 360 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing