PC1 Project Cars Gameplay comparable to Assetto Corsa?

To those who have tried Project CARS, are the physics similar, better or worse than Assetto Corsa's? Because I saw some in-game videos for Project CARS, the physics don't seem as real as in the trailer. Thanks! :D

Mr Rene Rast is much younger than me and i respect professional drivers advise but i started racing karts and pc games before he did. Also tryied a couple of sports cars here and there, so all could say at the moment to Mr Rast is: He is wasting is time on Project Cars.

I'm curious to know how many real race driver uses AC ?
The engine is used in some marques simulators so I recon a few.

To add to the conversation, I think it is to early to really fully judge the physics and feeling of Project CARS. I got the chance to play the game and I have to say, I quite enjoy it. However the FFB felt bad and some cars just didn't feel done yet. I am sure this will improve before release tho :). For me it is sim enough to call it a sim, the feeling simply is a lot better than "simcades".

Tried It yesterday as well. I must say that I do not agree that it is aracade-ish, the physics felt pretty convincing to me. The real problem, for now however, is FFB to me. Also the cars seemed to power-oversteer way less than in AC. In general I felt like lot of people, less connected to the road, and less worried about my ability to keep the car on the track. I did not need so much throttle control as I use in AC.

Graphics are better than AC, even if when all is in motion, it is not WAY better but I definitely felt more immersed visually.

Sounds are way better than most of the cars sounds in AC.

Globally I was expecting something very worse, and I am nicely surprised. I will judge their definite release, but in this state I think it is a very good opportunity for people to get into simracing, and it will definitely be the most sim"ish" title on consoles !

Again, just my 2 cents, I am not a very good simracer ^^

The sim games I have always loved driving the best are rf2 / GSC ( I dislike arcade driving games so much )----- but in the last few months I've not being able to drive them by choice , reason is there not supported for DK2 oculus rift , so my choices for racing are limited , I have AC / pCars /iracing/ and few others but I race AC and pCars mostly now , I have always love that simulation feel you get when driving a good simulator and for me surprisingly pCars would be my choice , there are some car that feel poor (handle wise ) but the cars that have good feel are great , it's still work in progress and I beleave they will get there .
FFB is just not there yet , but I hope it will get better .

I would never said this about pCars when I was using 3 screens BUT for some unknown reason when using VR / rift - everything change the way I felt about the game , It just felt alive .

Last edited:
Yes, the game is a arcade and it will be forever.

Now a lot of people will disagree your post but not me, because you are right :)

P. S. I borrowed a license from my friend and play it only 2 days. My opinion about game will be useless, because this is very short time to mike right decision about it but i still don't understand why developers don't make 3d people or more detail. Like they do in World of Speed (if someone tell me that World Of Speed is a different story, try to remember old - Race Driver: Grid). Also still with this i have bad optimisation while playing and very low FPS.

I have AC license and physics is much better and responsible. Project cars reminds me NFS Shift 2, wich contain lot of updates. Graphics is good, but still this is not my game. I think, both games are sim cade and not simulators. Don't rush me so hard it's just my personal opinion.

4a533b3cb9a2.jpg

0376ceb33716.jpg

Last edited:
I really don't think that race simmers are that bothered about cardboard 2d cyber people watching from the grassy banks to be honest mate. Its the feel of the cars, the FFB and the physics along with the content that matters. Cadwell Park is still the best version of it you will see in any race sim and Oulton Park is even better.

I have stood and walked in those very same places as in your screenshots and I can confirm that the real people watching looked the same. In other words I didn't take much attention. And when I am riding Cadwells silky mini Nurburgring on my track bike, I am not looking at the people anyway.

What bothers me about Pcars right now is that you have these crowds when you don't want them. ;)

Do you get the free cam going just to see if there are any sexy women in the virtual crowd? :laugh::):speechless:

Andy Jackson

Your post is full of sarcasm... Have no sense at all. This people is normal for rFactor, Race 07 and some other old games, but it's normal for game wich comes out in 2015 ? I don't think so :laugh: I don't understand what is the bad side of 3d people ? If it includes some hands animation and sound (when you win a race). It will ruin game or what ? :O_o:

Last edited:
sti228 (funny name) I was not being sarcastic. Trust me.

But seriously, as a sim racer I couldn't give a monkeys if the crowd are 2d, 3d or real people sucked in through a USB port and digitised. The racing, the physics and the content is what's important. But of course it would be great to have real 3d sim crowds, each 3d person having it's own simulated AI and able to come up to you after a race and ask a question or big breasted women asking me to sign my autograph on their boobs.
That's sarcastic.
;) :D

But seriously, as a sim racer I couldn't give a monkeys if the crowd are 2d, 3d or real people sucked in through a USB port and digitised. The racing, the physics and the content is what's important. But of course it would be great to have real 3d sim crowds, each 3d person having it's own simulated AI and able to come up to you after a race and ask a question or big breasted women asking me to sign my autograph on their boobs.
That's sarcastic.

Deamn, you just went full retard with your post ! To make kids like u **** bricks !

708bc1bd421a.png

Deamn, you just went full retard with your post ! To make kids like u **** bricks !

And my names not Deamn :cool:

What? Are you serious with your abuse? What do you mean? kids like me to **** bricks? What does that mean? And why a drawing of Kojak?

Last edited:
What? Are you serious with your abuse? What do you mean? kids like me to **** bricks? What does that mean? And why a drawing of Kojak?
What you want ? Maybe enough ?

And my names not Deamn :cool:
I'm sorry your name is smart guy here ? Maybe stop joking with others ?

How i can understand this ? Next time have fun with your nickname and joke with it !

He's unbelievable, Already reported his abusive post but nothing happened. Calling me a retard, kids like me shitting bricks? Can anyone shed any light on what he means by that? I am confused as to why he got abusive that's all.

And I have been married 27 years Kjell, and my wife is not that abusive to me. Well sometimes she is. :inlove:;)

He's unbelievable, Already reported his abusive post but nothing happened. Calling me a retard, kids like me shitting bricks? Can anyone shed any light on what he means by that? I am confused as to why he got abusive that's all.

And I have been married 27 years Kjell, and my wife is not that abusive to me. Well sometimes she is. :inlove:;)
But only when you ask her to be? :p
I know m8, his posts where nonsensical and rude, but you should know when to walk away and just ignore too :) (that must have been part of the Kimi charm school, no?)

But only when you ask her to be? :p
I know m8, his posts where nonsensical and rude, but you should know when to walk away and just ignore too :) (that must have been part of the Kimi charm school, no?)

I know I should know when to walk away Kjell, but I can't understand why members like him asnwer so. Rude people need to challenged, here as in real life. Just my nature. But there are far more worthwhile mysteries in life worth thinking about. :)
Yes Kimmi's school has a lot to be said about it. I don't regret my time there. ;)
regards
Andy

sti228 (funny name)
But seriously, as a sim racer I couldn't give a monkeys if the crowd are 2d, 3d or real people sucked in through a USB port and digitised. The racing, the physics and the content is what's important.

Why use processing power on 3d people while it can be used on physics etc.

I would disagree on this. 3D crowds are of course not that important, as proper handling and physics, but its not that they are not important at all. Fortunately there is one sim game that has animated 3d crowd (Race Room Racing Experience) and I have to say that I love it and it keeps me visually immersed far more, then Assetto Corsa, in which I'm getting impression that I'm racing on a track that has been frozen in time somehow. there's absolutely no movement around the track and it makes the game feel very unnatural at low speed. On the other hand in R3E when I'm passing tribune with 3D people waving flags (actually flags waves themselves somehow :), taking pictures (no matter if they use flashes in their cameras in daylight) or just MOVING their hands and heads it just makes it so much more natural and convincing. Movement around the track is what I've been missing all the time racing in rF1 and other titles and for me this is important and necessary feature of the simracing game in 2014 and is one of the reasons (not only one, the other would be sound and FFB) that I'm spending much more of my racing time in R3E than in Assetto Corsa. The tracks in R3E are just spectacular and for me the best of all simracing games that I've played, and 3d crowd is one of the reasons. If Project CARS would not have it I would be very dissapointed.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back