PC1 Project Cars Gameplay comparable to Assetto Corsa?

To those who have tried Project CARS, are the physics similar, better or worse than Assetto Corsa's? Because I saw some in-game videos for Project CARS, the physics don't seem as real as in the trailer. Thanks! :D

please...those drivers get paid to help sell the game!
I have the game and i tell you this:
Yes, the game is a arcade and it will be forever. right now It's only good for worshiping the car models 3d work.

Assetto is promissing but needs to improve alot on graphics.
Assetto is very unrealistic at low speed physics right now.

I'm sorry Pedro, but this is the kind of attitude that sucks to the extremes. If you say Ben is paid to help sell the game you clearly haven't read any of his feedback and you're talking about something you have no idea about, yet you pretend you own the truth.

As an advice to everyone: This is the internet, many people talk bulls*it, so if you want to see if anything is good or not, try it yourself. I'm sure everyone will be able to try a demo or a torrent version "demo" and if you like it, buy it, if not, don't bother with it. Don't buy before you try and don't let all the internet crap scare you away, you might be missing on things ;)

Perhaps I am very fortunate to know and work with many people who do extraordinary things - not for money, not for fame. They just want to help others succeed or maybe even, just survive. It's very disheartening at times to see so much negativity around us. It's easy to get caught up in it and become jaded.

I choose to believe that there are still people that do things for their own fulfillment as well as benefiting others. Maybe it's passion for motorsports, maybe it's to mark off another item on their bucket-list, maybe it's to put their kids through college. It may be hard for some to believe but, it's true and I know it to be so. But hey, I'm just weird that way. :)

For the critics: If you're not happy with any game, then why not put your passion to work and create your own version? I guarantee you will have a very different perspective when it's done as well as new found respect for others that do the same.

When I read Ben and Nic's feedback, I can clearly see their passion and excitement for racing and they clearly enjoy sharing it with others. For so many people to disregard that and be so negative has to be a slap in the face for them as well as the development team. It'd just be nice if some people had a little more consideration for those working so hard to bring us a game to enjoy but, I digress.

I'm happy to have so many great games to play and a little time to play them. Sharing our experiences is icing on the cake for me.

So you really think a professional race driver will do this for a bit cash? How much is SMS been able to pay him for saying this? half a million? 100K? And how many people outside of forums will ever see that tiny comment that he made on YouTube? Do you think that pays out for SMS?

70-80% of the buyers will be arcade racers anyway who does not care about physics. I dont know if it is worth to pay a pro race driver to say this, only to convince some sim racers.

Well lets see, I can´t wait to get this game. Because I was very close to even buy Grid Autosport because of the lack of a really good career mode in racing games. And I hope Pcarse will serve this.

Honestly i don't know how much he has been paid to say that, i would charge a lot of money if i'm a racing driver and it's supposed to not say bullsh*t. All real drivers know that rFactor2/Pro is the game most teams use to do virtual tests and as far as i've seen pCARS has NOTHING to do with it.

In relation to 70/80% of people being arcade drivers, maybe you will be surprised if a poll was made, people nowadays are looking more into realism in racing games, so maybe it's better big companies start to understand that before creating dumb stupid physics games. It may become a dangerous path.

I really hope pCARS has good physics, i'll only eventually buy it when i try a demo or something, but i can tell you, if i was a WMD member from the beggining with the "true simulator" marketing made around pCARS i will feel robbed if it's another arcade/simcade game...

René Rast said something like this: "pCARS it's the most realistic sim out there"

...and you think he's not being paid to say this, lol...
Thank you for proving my point. Do you know how he really feels? Please do share. If you want to call someone out for lying - then do it. Stop dancing around saying what you really mean.

Some people like accuracy in physics, me too. Unfortunately, I don't have a degree in physics, nor do I drive a Race car in real life. Simply put, I'm not qualified to make a call regarding accurate physics. I can only relate to my limited real world experience and make judgements based on it. Beyond that, I have to rely on others experience and/or expertise to interpret how accurate things are or are not. Therefore, I value the opinions of Pro drivers, especially those who also have played other Sims for quite some time. Paid or not, it doesn't matter. It's certainly better than nothing.

This really is a very silly argument. Try the game when it's done and decide if you like it. If you do great, if not - move on to something else. No one is forcing you to buy it. That goes for any game.

This really is a very silly argument. Try the game when it's done and decide if you like it. If you do great, if not - move on to something else. No one is forcing you to buy it. That goes for any game.

This is the best advice to give any one with doubts. Try it and then decide. It is what I do.

As for the opinions of race drivers playing games, I take no notice of them. I prefer prolific hard core sim racers to give the best and most qualified opinions. I take notice of what they say a lot more. But that is my opinion.

As for the opinions of race drivers playing games, I take no notice of them. I prefer prolific hard core sim racers to give the best and most qualified opinions. I take notice of what they say a lot more. But that is my opinion.

Interesting.

If I'm asked "do you believe in what the drivers are paid to say about iRacing?", the answer is NO. Do I believe in what Tommy Milner, Basu and others have said about the cars in iRacing that they have driven in RL? Yes. (iRacers thrashed them up and down for this.) Do I believe what Miata racing drivers I know have to say about iRacing's Miata? Oh yes, and it's mostly positive.

Do I believe in the feedback of Ben Collins given at WMD? Mostly, yes. He is very methodical and surgical in his assessment of problems and positive areas.

Do I believe in René Rast? I see no reason to believe or...otherwise. I had been following him for some time and all this feedback seems too much of a coincidence. He may be in earnest, or he may not. There's simply no way of knowing for sure. However, to be fair, his comments are hugely familiar to me (bells ringing) and they make entire sense...from the perspective of a racing driver who understands there's value in simracing beyond the multi-million dollar tools by ISI/Cruden/Simtech/RedBull/Mclaren.

The only feedback from racing drivers I really trust is:
1- that based on actual experience with them. There's no one paying them to say good things, they're just doing their best to improve interfaces, data, calibrations, handling, setups, data acqs systems, etc.
2- that of drivers who are not affiliated with the dev studio / publisher, are not under contract with anyone from the simracing industry and just happen to try this or that sim.

Like you, Andy, I tend to value enormously the input given by fellow simracers (be them fans or testers) who I know and trust - and only those.

Unfortunately, the community of simracers at large is too divided in camps (for some pseudo-religious reason, or some other type of agenda (including financial returns)) and I doubt we can trust the opinion of the average joe-the-simracer.

Oh, and a small note: most simracers are not racing drivers, physicists, racecar engineers, car mechanics, tire engineers, simulation programmers. So this should demand some caution from each simracer when it comes to giving his/her opinion on physics and in physics modelling/algorithms; sadly, we see too often the opposite, with people simply blurting out the official party line of this or that developer.

However, just because most simracers are not racing drivers, physicists, racecar engineers, car mechanics, tire engineers, simulation programmers, it doesn't mean simracers ought to BLINDLY trust those that are.

Hence why I always advise people to check for themselves (do some testing, read a lot, compare between sims, experiment with different setups and try to ascertain what seems to work for a sim and not the other and most importantly, WHY). Nothing beats getting to know things for ourselves - we need not be racing drivers, physicists, racecar engineers, car mechanics, tire engineers, simulation programmers for that.

My 2 dollars/euros.

Last edited:
Interesting. Ben Collins (the ex Stig), Nicolas Hamilton, Rene Rast. Just to name a few real life race drivers. Especially Ben Collins reviews (exclusive WMD content) about some cars in Pcars are pretty impressive.

And now some hobby sim fans (all over the net, not just here on this forum) come and say PCars physics is simcade :D

Who can we believe?

I had no hands on the game so I can´t judge the physics. But I hope they nail it. I´ve read so often that people think a sim is a sim when the car is handling like on ice. And I have read so often from real life racers that race cars are not that hard to drive like people think.

Almost every sim has some real racers paid to promote their product...dont believe anything other then your impressions or impressions of people you know they are on same page as you..

A comment Rene made about an hour ago on one of his YouTube clips:-

ReneRast_zps4f187148.jpg

And you Sir are who? Hobby racer? Real driver? Ever driven an GT3? F1? F2? F3?

You are the first person I´ve ever seen who says Pcars is arcade. I´ve seen a lot of comments from "simcade" to "close to AC,iRacing" to "best sim ever". But never arcade! Congrats you are the first one. Maybe you never played an arcade game. Arcade physics are for me Burnout series, NFS Underground series and so on...

And the comments from Ben Collins are WMD exclusive. No one outside the forum can read it and it is under NDA. So nobody outside the WMD can read it. So I wonder how he advertises this game? He just helps to make the game better with his feedback. And on some cars his feedback was very negative and he said that these cars still need a lot of work.

I'm not a professional driver but I ain't stupid.
The cars don't need work because the game is arcade. It's incredible how games like richard burns rally are so real, and 10 years later we hear Project Cars is a simulator....

A racing simulator is in my opinion something that makes you feel the track under any
I haven't tested it in a while, but last I checked (last year) pCARS is far from an arcade title. And this was before major development steps came to be. I doubt that the project has devolved from something promising (physics wise) to an arcade title.

The thing I find curious about your post, and somewhat useful, is the opinion you have on AC. To me, from videos (whatever they're worth) AC looks quite good (not on par with PCARS/GT6 quality), but some people share your opinion - perhaps cockpits are lacking, perhaps reflections still need work, something seems not yet good enough for some people.

But physics: one drops by forum sections dedicated to AC and it seems the Second Coming has happened, and yet so many (true) simracers I know stumble on problems with low speed physics, strange handling of some cars known to be very agile in real life, and also suspension physics issues. Your post too mentions the same old problem showing its ugly head again.

As far as I know/hear/read, CARS may not be perfect but (perhaps with the exception of dynamic load transfer) seems ahead of AC in the physics department. Which may be surprising to a lot of us.

Pcars physics have more consistency from low to high speeds but allways in arcade range. I feel like i'm in a arcade machine with all that sense of crazy speed and endless braking ability without major drastic consequences.
ITS NOTHING BUT NEXT GEN ARCADE GAME
You can trust me:)

Pedro, I'm not disputing your opinion of CARS, but:

race cars, from GT1's to GT3's, are extremely planted and behave in a controllable manner even under braking under normal conditions (even with electronic aids reduced to a minimum or non-applicable).

I would perhaps make exceptions when tire degradation has set in (and grip levels have thus dropped significantly), when raining and with cold/worn brakes.

I am obviously excluding the obvious pilot errors or mechanical problems.

the question is why René Rast like PCARS ? Here's an excerpt of what he wrote in one of these video clips.:
""
Rene Rast

il y a 4 mois

pCars:
It feels pretty much good, I mean of course it is almost impossible to simulate G-Forces, but for me as a driver it is very important that the breaking points are the same, the gears, the Speed and corner radius. Of course the car needs to handle almost the same as in real life, but you know, the real race car never feels the same even from one day to the next, outside temperatures , track temperatures , different tire cmpounds , different grip level etc. So it may be that I arrive in Oschersleben tomorrow, the car feels a bit understeery and two weeks later we go there again, different weather , more grip , same set up and we just have oversteer and lap times are 2 sec slower. So how can you simulate that?
The cars I have driven so far felt very good, of course there is still work to do but I think they are working almost every minute to improve the game, so I am always exicted when there is a new Build to test.. """

I also believe that Rene is sincere in these arguments. Whether paid or not I do not think a real race car driver would spend so much time to practice on a bad simulator just for money.

The only feedback I trust is my own, all I need is a demo I can try!
I have been driving on track and road for a long time, (99% road), I know, like most of us, what a real car feels like.
It did not took me long driving at Magione to fall in love with AC, I never found, after testing them, either IRacing or RF2 to be that good.
Just let me try PCars before I buy, as I do not care what other think of any SIM, I can forge my own opinion on what SIM I like and which I do not.

So, I got to try Project CARS two days ago and I was quite excited to get it after the trial. Graphics are amazing, physics are relatively good as well as crash model and the gameplay is awesome. pCars isn't comparable to Assetto Corsa, each one is good in its own way and both are fun to drive. The thing that's better in pCars than AC is the career mode and the low speed physics,. Project CARS is more or less easy to drive (no aids turned on) but I'm not going to generalize, sometimes it's pretty hard to control the car. AC is more of a simulator while pCars is a simulator combined to a game and don't get me wrong, pCars isn't arcade-y , even those who are more oriented to racing simulators will enjoy it!

For people who own steering wheels PCars is still arcade.
awesome 3D CAR MODELS but Arcade cameras, arcade speed, arcade environment, arcade sound, arcade drive.
Mr Rene says the game is decent...for many people di Cesaris was a decent driver too!!!
Simulation is not only showing your speed correctly or having a curve with the right radius, it's being able to feel the road/car interaction the best, with a pc steering wheel.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back