PC1 Project Cars Forum Moderators Banning Customers!

I just wanted to make you all aware to be very careful and withhold any and all complaints on the official Project Cars forums. If you make it known you are having problems with the game and dare to complain, they will ban you, just as they did to me today. It is completely unacceptable to silence customers in this manner. I chose to make SMS, WMD and end users aware of any issues I was experiencing with the game, and they are numerous, as they occurred and for this I paid the price. I post this here so others can be careful and not suffer the same fate.

I wondered when you'd turn up. :rolleyes: Now we just need Martinsalat to join in. :p Yes we have seen the link. Hell I even linked it in one of my earlier posts in this thread. Which part is true though Mark? These issues with MP or just the wreckers in MP being the only issue?
We here in the Club have seen many , many more issues in MP than these.

Last edited:
Fair enough Brandon, but he is not even acknowledging the MP problems as you can see. He can't fix the wreckers. :rolleyes:
I didn't jump down his throat either. He started his usual mind games.

Didn't have much chance did he? He said "all we're aware of is the wreckers", and everyone jumped his ass. A civilized response would have been "Oh, well there is also problem X, problem Y, and issue Z. Have you had any reports about these issues, and if so, what are the plans to address them? Thanks for stopping in to keep us updated." I don't know about Ian, but I certainly wouldn't appreciate being called a sulking thief and that wouldn't encourage me to interact with the community any more. But hey, this is the Internet where people type things they would never say to someone's face, so I guess he should expect it.

I wondered when you'd turn up. :rolleyes: Yes we have seen the link. Hell I even linked it in one of my earlier posts in this thread. Which part is true though Mark? These issues with MP or just the wreckers in MP being the only issue?
We here in the Club have seen many , many more issues in MP than these.

I can not tell you the truth as I have done 3 races since release, the grey drive button is the only thing I have encountered, reading the forums tells me there is more wrong with MP and that's only the things that have been reported by users.
I'm sure there are many more bugs that so far have gone unreported.
If you have seen "many, many more issues" I would be reporting them and adding them to that existing list of bugs.

Didn't have much chance did he? He said "all we're aware of is the wreckers", and everyone jumped his ass. A civilized response would have been "Oh, well there is also problem X, problem Y, and issue Z. Have you had any reports about these issues, and if so, what are the plans to address them? Thanks for stopping in to keep us updated." I don't know about Ian, but I certainly wouldn't appreciate being called a sulking thief and that wouldn't encourage me to interact with the community any more. But hey, this is the Internet where people type things they would never say to someone's face, so I guess he should expect it.

No no, they know what problems there are, but have the audacity? to tell us that wreckers are the main problem. And when someone mentions the proper problems/missing features, it's suddenly too much. They can tell the 13yo console kiddies that they needn't worry about the wreckers but we are a different customer group and they should adapt to our style of thinking and demands.

@Mid-pack Jack
You escalated a thread for no reason, try to be constructive in your posts please. There was a possibilty of having a good discussion here but it got derailed on your post.

Oh here we go, blame me time is it. Just how did I escalate it Frank? I was trying to get Ian to be more customer focused and not run away as soon as difficult questions came up. Take it up with Bram, he's the one who told Ian the best thing he could do to help was to log off. :thumbsup: :p Which actually wasn't a bad idea.
I'm out of here. Fill your boots.

I would love to bring up......
"sulk off in a cowardly manner"
but that's none of my business :D

You and your mate (he likes the dislike button so much :rolleyes:) are loving stirring things up eh? I am sure Bram or Frank will lock this thread if it needs doing. And no need for any more stirring, you both did enough of that previously regarding Pcars.

Less bickering and whining and more constructive posting?
I'm thoroughly enjoying pCars, but there's things that has to be fixed sooner rather than later, I think the thread Ian linked ran through a good share of them but I'm not sure it's all of them, haven't been involved enough in MP races yet.
The dedicated server sorely needs a major update though, would love to hear something about SMS vision for what's to come there.

Also, @Ian Bell I've heard driver swaps have been cancelled for pCars and will be part of pCars 2 instead, are you able to confirm or deny that?

Not related to pCARS, but just software development in general.

The developer is always in a no-win situation. Software inherently has bugs, as there is no such thing as bug free software. There are always bugs, it just more or less damage control of keeping the bugs that affect the largest majority of the users low.

I've been in software development since 1993 and I can tell you that customers can't really handle the truth in a lot of these matters (i.e. their issues may be low on the totem pole). No one wants to think their issues don't matter. It's hard to understand prioritization from a software perspective until you have done it.

Not related to pCARS, but just software development in general.

The developer is always in a no-win situation. Software inherently has bugs, as there is no such thing as bug free software. There are always bugs, it just more or less damage control of keeping the bugs that affect the largest majority of the users low.

I've been in software development since 1993 and I can tell you that customers can't really handle the truth in a lot of these matters (i.e. their issues may be low on the totem pole). No one wants to think their issues don't matter. It's hard to understand prioritization from a software perspective until you have done it.
That's interesting Kyle, just out of interest, in your professional opinion, what would be the bug priority list for a developer? cheers

That's interesting Kyle, just out of interest, in your professional opinion, what would be the bug priority list for a developer? cheers

I would focus on bugs which stop majority of players from actually using the software:

* Xbox One and other console controller issues
* Stability issues with crashes

Those are two which off the top of my head would be the focus. The reason being is that those users cannot even use what they purchased. There is a difference liking what you purchased and being able to use what you purchased.

After that, I would then focus on issues with current gameplay like:

* AI tire concerns (things like AI rain driving and cold tire behavior since a majority of players are offline players)
* Player tire wear reports (reports of no wear on certain tires)
* Time trial cut rules

Those would help address the core capabilities of the product.. Then I would begin to focus on multiplayer and bringing the other enhancements like pitstops, etc.. This is just off the top of my head as I'm not exposed to everything SMS is tracking as they have their own internal error reporting tools.

I'm gonna take a guess at this;
You prioritise bugs according to severity and scope.
Severity, is it game breaking or merely an annoyance?
Scope, does it affect a few players or many?
Thing is though, it's based on metrics which the developer can see, not the user.
So while we here at RD might feel that MP is completely broken and needs to be prioritised, that matters little if SMS can see from their metrics that barely 10% of the customers even tries MP, 90% are running hotlaps or AI.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 108 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 150 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 284 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 412 39.9%