PC1 Project CARS at Brands Hatch (Video)

Slightly Mad Studios has released a short video showcasing the Brands Hatch track in their upcoming title, Project CARS.

The studio visited the Brands Hatch circuit in Kent, England. The developers and industry advisors chat about the title, gameplay, research and features of the game.

What do you think about Project CARS?

Project Cars launches on November 21st on PS4, Xbox ONE and PC. A WiiU version is planned for 2015.

For more on Project Cars make sure to check out the forum or share your latest photos and videos in our dedicated gallery.

John do you realize that's me looking at the apex (or lack thereof) not pCars? I.e. the oculus rift is true virtual reality so there is no look to apex feature, it's up to the driver. All the tilt is my head moving. I do agree that watching the videos sitting still looks very weird, but being the guy driving and feeling the motion, is a totally different story.

John do you realize that's me looking at the apex (or lack thereof) not pCars? I.e. the oculus rift is true virtual reality so there is no look to apex feature, it's up to the driver. All the tilt is my head moving. I do agree that watching the videos sitting still looks very weird, but being the guy driving and feeling the motion, is a totally different story.
yes but it looks wrong like the track is tilting and not your head ive never liked that in sims though just looks awkward as heck so many games with look to apax look how it does in this vid regardless if its not like that for you with rift.also with your rift when ever you looked to the apex it seems you couldn't see where the corner was and kept driving off trak.

Last edited:
I agree rewatching the videos looks awkward.

The ffb on the formula c is spectacular, I'm really shocked, Before I started recording I did some laps and couldn't stop laughing as I was feeling things I've never felt through the wheel before. I've never felt front lockup with wheel slip before, it was crazy. I'm hoping they can get all the bugs worked out for everything else, but this car is really fun to drive.

When wearing the DK2, the view and head-tracking all feels very natural. You just can't get a good representation by watching a video. VR in Pcars is amazing. It can take a bit of time to get used to it and it's very easy to be distracted by the new experience at first and lose track of braking points and other references. Once acclimated, racing in the rift becomes incredibly addictive - even with the DK2 limitations. Using a regular monitor is so boring and lifeless now! :)

BTW, thanks for sharing the video and your thoughts Pucky. :thumbsup: Try the Formula Rookie as well, I find it to be a good drive with good FFB and I believe that Ben also gave that car a good amount of praise.

Tilting your head is something you (at least I) do as a reflex in anticipation of the shift in lateral g-forces being applied to your body and head, so you do this to make sure your neck doesn't pop (at least that's what I think, might be wrong).
If you are properly immersed in a sim you will do this, I know I do it a lot and it probably looks quite funny :p
Heck I've even noticed that sometimes when I loose the rear of a car I will shift my feet around as if I'm afraid of loosing balance, even if I'm sitting down lol.

Tilting your head is something you (at least I) do as a reflex in anticipation of the shift in lateral g-forces being applied to your body and head, so you do this to make sure your neck doesn't pop (at least that's what I think, might be wrong).
If you are properly immersed in a sim you will do this, I know I do it a lot and it probably looks quite funny :p
Heck I've even noticed that sometimes when I loose the rear of a car I will shift my feet around as if I'm afraid of loosing balance, even if I'm sitting down lol.
Indeed, I find myself leaning my head into the turns quite often. Driving open-wheelers using the DK2 is so much more fun than tin-tops for me due to the view and sense of speed, oh - and the carts too.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 322 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 223 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 214 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 165 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 281 13.5%