PC1 Project CARS Alpha Build released

Couldn't agree more. With my very first lap, I knew this was something special. Even with no AI and only 2 tracks, I can play this all day. Even nKP doesn't do it for me anymore. The physics and handling are exceptional.

Some people think this won't be a sim when it's finished. I can't see how that is possible. Right now it's better than anything currently out there and it can only get better.

This time, it's the console versions that will get "dumbed down" instead of the other way around. CARS will be finalized and optimized for PC's and PC hardware before they even start to make the console ports.

It's pretty exciting and with weekly builds being being on my pc there'll be something to be excited about every monday. It's like we're embarking on a new frontier or at the fore front of the future. Lol, sounds like i'm in a movie :)

Couldn't agree more. With my very first lap, I knew this was something special. Even with no AI and only 2 tracks, I can play this all day. Even nKP doesn't do it for me anymore. The physics and handling are exceptional.

Some people think this won't be a sim when it's finished. I can't see how that is possible. Right now it's better than anything currently out there and it can only get better.

This time, it's the console versions that will get "dumbed down" instead of the other way around. CARS will be finalized and optimized for PC's and PC hardware before they even start to make the console ports.

I somehow doubt there will be a console version of this. Its PC centered from the ground up.

Yeah those few thousand sim racers around the world will bring in the ship of money :) In the end Investor X with the most shares wants a return on his investment and will push the direction into SHIFT 3 and to consoles.

Free To Play might work on PC only. Maybe a slightly modified game can go to the consoles.

Questions, questions, questions :)

C.A.R.S has the potential to appeal both to sim racers and to racing game fans like Forza and GT.

A boxed version for consoles would be a good idea.

I tried the latest build and I must say the physics is very interesting and challenging. Maybe not the most realistic but great fun for sure. :)

I just did some laps with the F68. I didn't have very high expectations after looking at some of the videos on youtube, but it felt reasonably good IMO. Still a long way to go though but I hope they take the right direction. The graphics were good though, but its not that important for me. Demanding too, as it's the first time I ever heard the cooling fan speed up on my computer:D Looking forward to see the next developments:good:

why the omerta on race department? are you vexed or what??? no news about one of the most excellent surprise of this year for all the simracers!! and NOT A SINGLE NEWS ABOUT IT??? :frown:

I downloaded the last release and they already addressed some of the most glaring issues of the first release. This is very promising and if they continue on this track, it is going to be very useable well before anyone expected.

It's certainly a different experience than any other sim. Especially the 67 F1 is a blast to drive, as is the V8 DTM. And the addition of a basic AI is a welcome surprise since it makes lapping a bit more interesting and it gives you a look at the cars that otherwise you wouldn't be able to see in action because of the missing replay.

All I can say is that with RF2 coming out, GSC getting new tracks and the patch we were waiting for, NKpro working better online, we are at the cusp of a simracing revolution. 2012 should be a good year.

Though ti'd give it a go this weekend and i've been suprised just how far along it already is. TBH when i saw the intial announcement and shots I thought 'here we go again, another vapourware title based of a render', but i've been left eating my words this weekend.

Given that they are talking about being 12 months away from being done, things are in a very strong position at the moment.

For me its been Watkins in either the r18 or F1'86. in both cases once i'd adjusted to the new controls i found them very beliveable and enjoyable drives.

Latest News

Are you buying setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back