PC2 Project CARS 2 Update 4 Released to All Platforms

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Project CARS 2 Update 4 Released.jpg

Project CARS 2 has been updated to build 1.4.0.0 on both Xbox One and PlayStation 4, aligning consoles with the current PC build of this exciting title.

Ok, so I'm not even going to try retyping the monumental changelog from the build 1.4 update that released back on February 9th for PC, so I'll just drop a quick link in HERE for you to catch yourself back up again.

See below details of console specific patch details:

PlayStation 4
  • Fix for the sun flares in the rear view mirror that could cause corruption on PS4.
  • Fixed corruption on the right of the screen when using Enhanced Visuals or Enhanced Frame
  • Rate on PS4 Pro.
  • Fixed a number of PS4 specific crashes.
  • Fix for white square being displayed in place of players avatar on consoles.
  • Fixed a possible application error when creating a new career.
  • Fixed a scenario where a user can cause a text overlap between the practice/qualifying and pause menus.
  • Fixed a crash when jumping straight to custom race from boot.
  • Fixed a crash associated with driver avatars when loading into a race.
  • Fixed an issue where a higher rank would be awarded to the driver with negative points in an online championship if the host adjusted the points.
  • Added a console button to select friends from the system UI.
  • Added functionality to be able to highlight specific friend in the friends list dialogue.
Xbox One
  • Updated menu deadzone width for XB1 wheels, updated spring force for menus to remove unnecessary vibrations on deadzone boundary.
  • Stability improvement when connection to Wide Area Network is lost while creating a multiplayer session.
  • Solution for XB1 wheels having very noticeable and harsh FFB deadzone in menus.
    Resolved occasional failure when leaving a multiplayer session to join or create another session.
  • Removed a white square being displayed in place of player's avatar on consoles.
    Improved an issue where, if the host adjusted the points, a higher rank would be awarded to the driver with negative points in an Online Championship.
With all platforms of the game now running to the same build reference, the next thing players of the game have to look forward to is the upcoming Porsche Legends DLC due to land next month...

Project CARS 2 is available now on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC.

Check out the Project CARS 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for more news, discussion and features on this sequel release to the hugely popular Project CARS franchise of games.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

Happy to finally see PCARS 2 updated to build 4.0 on console? Have you tried the new update yet? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 99238

Now it looks pretty good, but my review on steam will remain there forever. This is a payoff for a lie.

Last edited by a moderator:
V4 is a improvement on Xbox One X and PS4 Pro, as good as on par with the PC version now. It seems many issues remain on the original Xbox, S, and to a lesser extent PS4.

The biggest improvements are the AI, as with the PC version, and specifically on console the consistency of the FFB especially with the full grids of AI cars now available.

Online lobby consistency, car and track selection, penalties and consistent wheel FFB are also a big step forward.

It's by far the best and most fully featured of the current generation of racing games on console. I think the change in approach where SMS are far more willing to listen and react to feedback is also an improvement worthy of mention.

I'm not used to see here in my town/country the Moon that big, as far as I remember :D
I'm not sure it's the zoom, because it was the same in normal conditions also in PCARS1.
Getting a big moon in photos is a camera trick. you just use a lens with a long focal length and it makes things in the background seem bigger.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 329 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 224 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 221 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 166 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 287 13.5%