PC2 Project CARS 2 Update 2.0 Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Project CARS 2 Update 1.jpg

PlayStation 4 and PC versions of Project CARS 2 received a nice new update today, patching the game to build version 2.0 and adding plenty of fixes.

The new update follows relatively hot on the heels of the September 28th update and addresses plenty of the problem areas reported by the community since the game released, most notable of which would be the AI behavioural and race line improvements, hopefully going some way towards bringing the game AI up to speed and able to present a more respectable offline experience.

Other notable changes for this new patch include potential optimisation improvements to a number of the tracks within Project CARS 2, something that will come as a relief to a number of users who have reported less than ideal FPS returns between different circuit and atmospheric conditions.

No news is available as to the potential for an Xbox One update to the game, stay tuned for more on that at as and when it becomes available..

Build 2.0 Release Notes
  • Improved driving line assist.
  • Various AI behavioural and race line improvements.
  • Multiple improvements and enhancements to multiplayer, and lobby handling.
  • Improvements and enhancements to audio and sound effects.
  • Improvements and enhancements to replays and replay cameras.
  • USB keyboard support improved.
  • Improvements, enhancements and fixes to Career flow.
  • Enhancements to various cars’ handling and standard setup improvements.
  • Tweaks and fixes to Achievement / Trophy unlock logic.
  • Tweaks and fixes to setup UI and flow.
  • Improved default assists for gamepad users.
  • Fixes and improvements to headlights and brake lights.
  • Fixes and improvements to ICM appearance and functionality.
  • Improvements and enhancements to steering wheel support.
  • Fixes and improvements to certain weather / tyre combinations.
  • Optimisations to tracks across the game.
  • Myriad render and performance tweaks and improvements.

Project CARS 2 is available for PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4 now.

Project CARS 2 Update 2.jpg
Project CARS 2 Update 3.jpg
Project CARS 2 Update 4.jpg

To take your Project CARS 2 experience to the next level, head over to our RaceDepartment Project CARS 2 sub forum and check out the community discussion. We have a place to download the latest Project CARS 2 mods, a brand new Racing Club. Head over, get involved and become part of the community today!

Happy with the new patch? What do you think of the game so far? How do the AI compare following build 2.0? Let us know below!

Last edited:
If this is not a tire choice problem I haven't experienced that one. That race went great for me as long as I had ice tires on. In fact it was a lot of fun.

I have no idea for me, I cant beat it, the car goes straight on at every corner and when you go through the covered area I have no grip coming out, its freaking weird and I talked to one of the guys who worked on the game called Roland and hes confused about it too and hes German so you expect if you confuse a German you know something is REALLY broken!

• ronniej

It appears that I made the right choice by refunding so far...Also since 2013, Reiza, ISI, and Kunos Simulazioni seemed to be the ones most determined to give us great sim racing titles imo. It also seems we have reached a "ceiling" in terms of digital realism regarding vehicle physics so far since 2013. I'm very curious to see who knocks off the top 3 in the future...Probably the same top three players (Kunos, ISI/Studio 397, Reiza) unless Simbin UK steps up.:coffee:

Thankful SMS gave it a try though...Better luck next time.

Last edited by a moderator:
It appears that I made the right choice by refunding so far...Also since 2013, Reiza, ISI, and Kunos Simulazioni seemed to be the ones most determined to give us great sim racing titles imo. It also seems we have reached a "ceiling" in terms of digital realism regarding vehicle physics so far since 2013. I'm very curious to see who knocks off the top 3 in the future...Probably the same top three players (Kunos, ISI/Studio 397, Reiza) unless Simbin UK steps up.:coffee:

Thankful SMS gave it a try though...Better luck next time.
What are you talking about?

I’ve not used many cars since the new patch was released but has anyone noticed a big shift to understeer since it was released? Been working my way through the career and currently in the Lambo in the 4th tier I think it is. Before the patch I struggled to tame the rear on turn in and corner exit at Algarve. Post patch, at Road America and Nurburgring it just wants to plough on in the corners. At RA the left front was melted in under 3 laps (hard tyre). Just can’t seem to dial it out with setup...

I am really enjoying Project Cars 2. It is running really smooth on my PC (nvidia 980), unlike Forza 7.
My favourite track in the world is Bathurst and the Project Cars 2 version of this track is the best I've seen.
Rain, fog and even clouds do have an impact on my frame rate to the point of it running rough and not being nice to play, but racing under blue skies with evening (5pm - 6pm) rays of sun beaming over the hills at Bathurst is truly spectacular.
One other point I hope they address is the quality of the replays as they are very rough and jumpy, well on my rig anyway. Is anyone else finding this?
Hope they fix it cause I love watching my replays.
Assetto will continue to be my go to sim but for now Project Cars 2 is getting a fair bit of my time:)

• ronniej

What are you talking about?
Thought it clear, but I'll make it more laymen for ya..I'm GLAD I refunded this game with all the BUGS that are present in PCARS2 at the moment. I'm GRATEFUL that we already have three really good "SIM" titles already with AC,AMS and Rf2. It appears that the LEVEL of realism in regards to PHYSICS has reached it's PEAK.

I"M HEARING A LOT OF COMPLAINTS ABOUT THE GAME AND I"M GLAD I REFUNDED FOR NOW. I DIDN'T FIND PCARS2 TO BE VERY REVOLUTIONARY IN REGARDS TO PHYSICS, SO i'M HAPPY THAT THREE OTHER STUDIOS HAVE GIVEN US GOOD SIM RACING GAMES TO ENJOY FOR NOW UNTIL THE "NEXT BEST THING" COMES OUT.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have only played PC2 and ....... WRC7 the last couple of days ! ( Sorry KUNOS )

IMHO WRC7 is the best thing that happened since RBR, it's totally addictive and I cant believe that it is the same developers that made the previous versions of that game !

Sorry for hijacking but it had to be said ;)

FFB is completely subjective and I know how to adjust the volumes. Many people have mentioned and tried to eliminate the heavy spring but it's not possible atm and it really kills the tire detail.
Lots of road detail or tire detail?.....choice is up to the user to what they prefer, everyone uses different details through ffb to get around the digital track.
No one's right or wrong.

I feel what AC does very well is translate the sensations you fell through your butt in rl (bumps, curb roadnoise) through the wheel but I prefer the feel of the tire model in pc2 with its more natural feel and detail of grip.
I've spent just as much time trying to dial in the tire detail in ac on my wheel as did trying get to get decent ffb in pc1 lol
I've got 2 buttkickers under my rig giving me the road noise and feel that I would feel in rl.
If my wheel rattled and shaked in RL as much as some like there Sims I would honestly be worried I had a damaged suspension or tires lol
But I understand the importance of needing to feel as much of the road for those without a transducer setup.
Everyone has there own opinions, preferences/setups, favorite Sims play what makes you happy ☺

EDIT: Just fired up the game and steam had another 21.8mb update....anyone know any details?

Cheers
Naturally if you have a completely different setup you're going to have a completely different view of the game.

Let's agree on that it's NOT a bad game ;)

Thought it clear, but I'll make it more laymen for ya..I'm GLAD I refunded this game with all the BUGS that are present in PCARS2 at the moment. I'm GRATEFUL that we already have three really good "SIM" titles already with AC,AMS and Rf2. It appears that the LEVEL of realism in regards to PHYSICS has reached it's PEAK.

I"M HEARING A LOT OF COMPLAINTS ABOUT THE GAME AND I"M GLAD I REFUNDED FOR NOW. I DIDN'T FIND PCARS2 TO BE VERY REVOLUTIONARY IN REGARDS TO PHYSICS, SO i'M HAPPY THAT THREE OTHER STUDIOS HAVE GIVEN US GOOD SIM RACING GAMES TO ENJOY FOR NOW UNTIL THE "NEXT BEST THING" COMES OUT.
What does it mean?

At the moment, PC2 is my favorite racing game. The FFB, physic feel, the physic look and the graphics overall are great. Also the sounds are not that bad as they where in the first game. I enjoy driving at Long Beach with the Indycars, LMP2 even the GT3 are nice.
The career with the tiny little Formula Ford style cars is great and makes a lot of fun with my H-Shifter.
I would be more happy if i can create my own season as there are so many options in replaying real seasons, but ok...u canßt have it all!

For my needs, it´s a better package for the moment as AC or RF2 offers.
I was not sure cause the Forza7 demo was great, but decided PC2 will suit my needs better!
Btw. no problem at all with the performance, all on max/ultra @2560*1080

You are absolutely right and did also right. So many bugs (multiplayer!), it's shame that it was already released. If I had ordered it via steam, I would have refunded it too for sure!

Someone complained about the squeal of the tyres and now we are back to the "scratchhhhhhhhhhh" of PC1.
Please don't be serious, I can only play later today. I really liked the tire sounds, more realistic than the usual nonsense.

I am using the ffb_custom_settings - alt mid comp.txt with my Fanatec CSW V1,5 and it feels absolutely great.
I use the same with my TMX. I'll try the new FFB and revert to that if need be.

I would be more happy if i can create my own season as there are so many options in replaying real seasons, but ok...u canßt have it all!
They have to add that eventually, c'mon SMS.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back