PC2 Project CARS 2 Update 2.0 Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Project CARS 2 Update 1.jpg

PlayStation 4 and PC versions of Project CARS 2 received a nice new update today, patching the game to build version 2.0 and adding plenty of fixes.

The new update follows relatively hot on the heels of the September 28th update and addresses plenty of the problem areas reported by the community since the game released, most notable of which would be the AI behavioural and race line improvements, hopefully going some way towards bringing the game AI up to speed and able to present a more respectable offline experience.

Other notable changes for this new patch include potential optimisation improvements to a number of the tracks within Project CARS 2, something that will come as a relief to a number of users who have reported less than ideal FPS returns between different circuit and atmospheric conditions.

No news is available as to the potential for an Xbox One update to the game, stay tuned for more on that at as and when it becomes available..

Build 2.0 Release Notes
  • Improved driving line assist.
  • Various AI behavioural and race line improvements.
  • Multiple improvements and enhancements to multiplayer, and lobby handling.
  • Improvements and enhancements to audio and sound effects.
  • Improvements and enhancements to replays and replay cameras.
  • USB keyboard support improved.
  • Improvements, enhancements and fixes to Career flow.
  • Enhancements to various cars’ handling and standard setup improvements.
  • Tweaks and fixes to Achievement / Trophy unlock logic.
  • Tweaks and fixes to setup UI and flow.
  • Improved default assists for gamepad users.
  • Fixes and improvements to headlights and brake lights.
  • Fixes and improvements to ICM appearance and functionality.
  • Improvements and enhancements to steering wheel support.
  • Fixes and improvements to certain weather / tyre combinations.
  • Optimisations to tracks across the game.
  • Myriad render and performance tweaks and improvements.

Project CARS 2 is available for PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4 now.

Project CARS 2 Update 2.jpg
Project CARS 2 Update 3.jpg
Project CARS 2 Update 4.jpg

To take your Project CARS 2 experience to the next level, head over to our RaceDepartment Project CARS 2 sub forum and check out the community discussion. We have a place to download the latest Project CARS 2 mods, a brand new Racing Club. Head over, get involved and become part of the community today!

Happy with the new patch? What do you think of the game so far? How do the AI compare following build 2.0? Let us know below!

Last edited:
What !

No FFB updates !!??

Jack Spades should had have half the cost I paid for the game ;)
Enhancements to various cars’ handling and standard setup improvements.

Improvements and enhancements to steering wheel support.

Fixes and improvements to certain weather / tyre combinations.

All those are ffb related.
Personal opinion....ive tried all the jack spades files....yes they improve the amount of bumps/curbs you can feel and adds a bit more weight but found it killed the feedback from the tires and its grip levels.
Reminded me alot of AC.....springy, heavy and lots of road noise vibrations.
If he can figure out a way to eliminate that heavy/springy center they would be great and feel somewhat more natural.

Last edited:
"Edit: Also, since I made this post, I've discovered another bug."
Pubic Lice?:roflmao:

Nope. A hang up in the transition between qualifying and the race session. Basically some people were allowed to drive out on the track after half the field progressed to the splash screen. This caused the entire server to stop progressing, causing everyone present to have to hard close the program using the task manager. It may have something to do with the track Algarve, instead of a systemic issue. But I've had similar problems for the post race session on Laguna Seca.

Several cars IRL have their steering wheels not aligned to the drivers' position. The camera position in PC2 is set to the drivers' eyes, and as a result, the wheel in these cars will be correctly offset from the centerline.

It's annoying, yes, but it's accurate.
IRL you adjust to that.
All sims I use show cars with offset steering wheels, but they all offer a possibility to adjust (and save) the settings for use on flat screens.
Which is what SMS should do.
Take the Mercedes 300 SEL that came over from pC1: there the wheel was perfectly aligned and in pC2 it is about 3-4 cm to the right. My dad had one and I used to drive it on a regular base. Never noticed the offset. It might have been there, but sitting in the real car there was no issue.

And if you look closely (looking down to the steering wheel shaft) some cars have it pointed left or right, which would make sense, but others are straight, but too much to the left or right, which does NOT make sense.

• Deleted member 99238

If the SMS does not change its vicious practice of silence and ignoring the opinion of the community, the fate of the rogue in the world of racing games awaits them. I stop publishing any materials or opinions about their products.

If the SMS does not change its vicious practice of silence and ignoring the opinion of the community, the fate of the rogue in the world of racing games awaits them. I stop publishing any materials or opinions about their products.

LOL, if we, with 4 full time staff responding constantly to the community, risk losing your coverage for 'ignoring the community' then go for it my friend :)

LOL, if we, with 4 full time staff responding constantly to the community, risk losing your coverage for 'ignoring the community' then go for it my friend :)

LOL. :D Any chance while you are visiting here that you can give a heads up on some of the fixes to the AI etc? Your latest patch is even getting a bit of a slating on your own forum Ian. Can we have some more info on any fixes in the pipeline? After all you promised all the minor and the two major bugs would be fixed about a week ago. It's the AI problems that really spoil it for me though and the replay sounds being bad too. For me Pcars1 is actually more polished at this point. Your external Q&A testers really let you down.
Thank you.:thumbsup:

Last edited:
?
Ive had no issues finding rooms to join at any time here in western canada....usually a good 60+ servers during peak euro time and roughly 10-20+ servers with people in them when i get off work at 3am.
Alot better than my other goto titles AMS & RRE....there your lucky to find more than 10 people online outside peak hrs.
Even iracing which i though would have alot going being a us based title is a little slow after 10pm est.
Overall its a euro populated niche market, sim racing seems to be dying here in north america and tends to favour titles like Forza and GT series.
But even during there peaks back in the day not much was going on in the evenings.

Edit: you mentioned it had slightly more players than AC but feel the mp is already dead....wouldnt that mean AC is dead aswell? :)
In the grand scheme theres really not alot of us racers to support all these titles. I consider AC to be the most populated so if the numbers are compareable I personally see that as a good thing!

Sorry I don't actually own the game yet I was just looking at the steam forums and the first thing I saw was why no one plays this? then i looked at the player number on steam and there were only around 700 players. I want to get it but not if the game is dead already.

Thanks for releasing the game with stupid car's setup.
Yesterday i had to leave a race in SPA and lost 30 ranking (shitty) points due to a FRX set up with studded tyres.
How can it be possible, what are you doing all day long?
It's not SMS but CMS "Completly Mad and Stupid".

Only thing I have spotted that changed with the patch is they recently started again closing threads on the forum for stupid reasons.

Like this one, regardless the OP was right or not, he wasn't rude or anything, just used "angry face" emote in the title:

"Thread closed for angry face."

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sh...ppointed-by-this-rating&p=1392854#post1392854

The way they are doing the "business" is really incomprehensible to me. I like the game, but this attitude is drawing me back again.

Edit: The link is not working anymore. They made sure to delete the thread.

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 358 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 254 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 244 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 179 7.8%
  • < 5 years