PC2 Project CARS 2 Track List Revealed

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Project CARS 2 Track List Reveal 3.jpg

Slightly Mad Studios have revealed the full list of 60 circuits due to appear in Project CARS 2 on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC this September.

The developers have confirmed 20 tracks will be fully laserscanned, with a total of 60 locations and 130 variations coming to the game, all of which are playable in four "seasons of dynamic weather".

Track List (Including number of layouts)
  • Autodromo Internacional do Algarve 1
  • Azure Circuit 1
  • Azure Coast 5
  • Bannochbrae Road Circuit 1
  • Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya 3
  • Bathurst Mount Panorama 1
  • Brands Hatch 2
  • Brno 1
  • Cadwell Park 3
  • California Highway 5
  • Chesterfield Karting Circuit 1
  • Circuit of the Americas (COTA) 3
  • Daytona International Speedway 2
  • Daytona Rallycross 1
  • DirtFish 3
  • Donington Park 2
  • Dubai Autodrome 4
  • Dubai Kartdrome 1
  • Fuji 1
  • Glencairn Karting Circuit 6
  • Greenwood Karting Circuit 1
  • Lankebanen Rallycross (Hell) 1
  • Hockenheimring Classic 1
  • Hockenheimring 3
  • Hockenheimring Rallycross 1
  • Autodromo Internazionale Enzo e Dino Ferrari Imola 1
  • Indianapolis Motor Speedway 2
  • Knockhill Racing Circuit 5
  • Knockhill Rallycross 1
  • Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca 1
  • Circuit de 24 Heures du Mans 2
  • Le Mans Karting International 1
  • Rallycross of Loheac 1
  • Long Beach Street Circuit 1
  • Lydden Hill 2
  • Mercedes-Benz Driving Events Ice Track 6
  • Mojave 5
  • Autodromo Nazionale Monza 2
  • Autodromo Nazionale Monza Historic 3
  • Nuburgring and Nordschleife 9
  • Motorsport Arena Oschersleben 3
  • Oulton Park 3
  • Red Bull Ring 3
  • Road America 1
  • Rouen Les Essarts 2
  • Ruapuna Park 5
  • Sakitto 4
  • Sampala Ice Circuit 1
  • Silverstone 4
  • Silverstone Classic 1
  • Snetterton 3
  • Sonoma Raceway 3
  • Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps 1
  • Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps Historic 1
  • Sportsland SUGO 1
  • Summerton Karting Circuit 3
  • Texas Motor Speedway 3
  • Watkins Glen International 2
  • Wildcrest Rallycross 2
  • Willow Springs International Raceway 2
  • Zhuhai International Circuit 1
  • Circuit Zolder 1

Interesting track additions to the game include a first officially recreated version of the beautiful Knockhill circuit in Scotland, an historic version of Spa and of course the now essential version of the Nordschleife... in nine different versions!

So after the recent car list reveal, now we know about the tracks, we've seen plenty of screenshots and we've heard about the options and eSports elements of the title. All we need to do is wait for September 22nd and play the game ourselves!

Project CARS 2 will be available for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC 22nd September 2017.

Project CARS 2 Track List Reveal 1.jpg
Project CARS 2 Track List Reveal 2.jpg

The Project CARS 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment is the place to go for all the latest news and discussion around this exciting new game from Slightly Mad Studios. Check out the sub forum, get involved in the discussion and join our community as we await release later this year!

Last edited:
Tracklist is good and large. If you want to complain about recycling content, you have to apply that complaint to Reiza as well... which is silly. In the end, one could say that all tracks are recycled unless they're all fantasy tracks.

I tend to believe the driving experience (physics, FFB) has been improved. Videos and statements seem to agree, though of course we can't really judge until having a wheel in our hands.

More obvious, though, is that the AI is the same idiotic AI that was in pCARS 1. They still cut the inside of T1 at starts and yet leave huge gaps to the second row. Even more damning that the AI remains unchanged is the lack of any promotion of AI improvements by SMS and we know SMS is NOT shy about touting their achievements!

35782284195_4edea8408b.jpg

I agree, it would have been much better if the AI that was half way up on the car on its outside just held its line and caused a wreck as the other car moved to the apex of the corner.

Damn AI reacting and avoiding wrecks. Just what we don't want.

The Ai is no better than any of the others. RaceRoom's ai is the best I have seen so far. Yes, I have P-cars 2.

While you wait for PC2, try raceroom.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/211500/RaceRoom_Racing_Experience/

Hows the AI on Ovals with the DW12. Is 2-3 wide at Indy Possible? AI is still horrible in PC1 so I assume it gonna be much of the same with PC2. Just looking for decent oval racing outside of Iracing as I dont have the free time I used to.

Hows the AI on Ovals with the DW12. Is 2-3 wide at Indy Possible? AI is still horrible in PC1 so I assume it gonna be much of the same with PC2. Just looking for decent oval racing outside of Iracing as I dont have the free time I used to.
RaceRoom does not have a DW12, it just has some fake Indycar, and it certainly has no ovals.

To be fair Kansai and Matsusaka are incredible representations of Suzuka and they are life like. The PCars Sakitto is awful. Nothing like the real life track.
I agree on the first part, and even partly on the second.
Sakitto is nothing like the real Suzuka. But if you don't make the comparison, Sakitto is really not bad or awful. It is fictional but fun to drive.

SMS does not have the license for Suzuka. They tried several times (starting for pCars1) but the license price was ridiculous. So they made Sakitto to look different from Suzuka to be sure not to run into law suits. Did you know there was a ferris wheel at Sakitto for a few days ? SMS was forced to remove that because of all this. (As was the case for the wooden bridge at the end of the finish straight at Sakitto that resembled the one at the Korean GP). It was not the same mind you, and it was beautiful too....

And like it is not enough that there are 60 tracks (20 laser scanned) from the start (more to come in DLC), there are ovals (not that I care), there is RX, snow/ice racing, wind, rain, seasons, live track, a massive amount of cars (more to come in DLC) still people seem to find a way to moan about pCars.

There is a new tire model - physics are reworked - FFB had an overhaul and a simplified setting system (keeping the previous one for people who do take their time) - weather has been extended - still working on a massive improvement for AI - new UI - improved collision model and much more.
Above all that: pCars looks better than any other sim.

And like someone stated earlier: they have Knockhill, nuff said...:thumbsup:

Ok the awful was a bit excessive I will admit. But I am a purest. I only drive tracks that exist or did exist in the past. I care not for Californian highways or some other fictitious piece of tarmac. This is where Sakitto falls in for me. I drove it once thinking it was another Suzuka with a different name. Never did I again.
I understand and appreciate not everyone wants or cares for fully licenced tracks. But I and others do and that is our opinion.

Yes they do have many tracks. But most are simply from the old game and don't forget this content has been in need for speed shift before too. They even lost some old content like the Aston Martin LMP1. I understand they have updated tracks and cars and this takes time but for new content it's not exactly exploding. As for the reworked physics and new tire model. I watched a video in which they were saying how pCars was the most advanced physics when it came out. (laughable). and that pCars is even more advanced. So I have heard all the spiels before from them.

I'll reserve judgement until they prove me wrong. I am not a hater or any fanboy of any franchise. I play pCars as I like some of the cars and tracks. But I am disappointed they haven't pushed on with newer content.

Ok the awful was a bit excessive I will admit. But I am a purest. I only drive tracks that exist or did exist in the past. I care not for Californian highways or some other fictitious piece of tarmac. This is where Sakitto falls in for me. I drove it once thinking it was another Suzuka with a different name. Never did I again.
I understand and appreciate not everyone wants or cares for fully licenced tracks. But I and others do and that is our opinion.

Yes they do have many tracks. But most are simply from the old game and don't forget this content has been in need for speed shift before too. They even lost some old content like the Aston Martin LMP1. I understand they have updated tracks and cars and this takes time but for new content it's not exactly exploding. As for the reworked physics and new tire model. I watched a video in which they were saying how pCars was the most advanced physics when it came out. (laughable). and that pCars is even more advanced. So I have heard all the spiels before from them.

I'll reserve judgement until they prove me wrong. I am not a hater or any fanboy of any franchise. I play pCars as I like some of the cars and tracks. But I am disappointed they haven't pushed on with newer content.
I'm with you about fictional tracks, I like real ones better. Though e.g. Bannochbrae is a great track.
Californian highway and Azure Coast are not high on my wanted list either, but I know a lot of people do like P2P tracks, so it does not bother me. Still a lot of tracks to use.
However I don't agree with you where you state that most tracks are simply taken from the first pCars or other games before that.
All of them have been reworked and 20 of them are now laser scanned.
As for not exploding: I just copy/pasted a track list from another forum:

These are the new ones:

Autodromo Internacional do Algarve: Grand Prix Circuit

Hockenheimring Rallycross

Knockhill Racing Circuit:
  • International Circuit,
  • International Reverse Circuit,
  • National Circuit,
  • National Reverse Circuit,
  • Tri-Oval Circuit
Knockhill Rallycross

Lånkebanen Rallycross

Le Mans Karting International

Rallycross of Loheac

Lydden Hill:
  • Grand Prix Circuit,
  • RallyCross Circuit

Mercedes-Benz Driving Events Ice Track:
  • East Circuit,
  • Full Circuit,
  • North Circuit,
  • North East Circuit,
  • South Circuit,
  • West Circuit

Autodromo Nazionale Monza Historic:
  • GP+Oval Combined Circuit,
  • Grand Prix Circuit,
  • Oval Circuit

Red Bull Ring:
  • Club Circuit,
  • Grand Prix Circuit,
  • National Circuit

Sampala Ice Circuit

Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps Historic:
  • Grand Prix Circuit

Wildcrest Rallycross

Circuit of the Americas:
  • Club Circuit,
  • Grand Prix Circuit,
  • National Circuit

Daytona International Speedway:
  • Road Course Circuit,
  • Tri-Oval Circuit

Daytona Rallycross

DirtFish:
  • Boneyard Course Circuit,
  • Mill Run Course Circuit,
  • Pro RallyCross Course Circuit

Indianapolis Motor Speedway:
  • Road Course Circuit,
  • Speedway Oval Circuit

Long Beach Street Circuit:
  • Grand Prix Circuit

Texas Motor Speedway:
  • Infield Course Circuit,
  • Road Course Circuit,
  • Oval Circuit

Fuji:
  • Grand Prix Circuit

Sportsland Sugo:
  • Grand Prix Circuit

And these are the laser scanned tracks:

Fuji
Sugo
Red Bull Ring
Brands Hatch
Cadwell Park
Lyden Hill (RX)
Oulton Park
Snetterton
Lohéac (RX)
Circuit de la Sarthe + Le Mans Kart International
Nürburgring GP
Nürburgring Nordschleife
Lånkebanen (RX)
Algarve
Knockhill
Mercedes Ice Track
COTA
Daytona
DirtFish (RX)
Indy
Texas Motor Speedway
Long Beach

As it seems INTERLAGOS will be added as DLC.

And yes, some cars are lost in the progress, the Ariel Atom is the biggest loss for me.
But on the other hand, if they would have brought all cars into the new game, people would probably complain about that too: all old cars and nothing new, like they do about the tracks... Get my point ?
Besides: there are plenty new cars to come.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back