PC2 Project CARS 2 Track List Revealed

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Project CARS 2 Track List Reveal 3.jpg

Slightly Mad Studios have revealed the full list of 60 circuits due to appear in Project CARS 2 on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC this September.

The developers have confirmed 20 tracks will be fully laserscanned, with a total of 60 locations and 130 variations coming to the game, all of which are playable in four "seasons of dynamic weather".

Track List (Including number of layouts)
  • Autodromo Internacional do Algarve 1
  • Azure Circuit 1
  • Azure Coast 5
  • Bannochbrae Road Circuit 1
  • Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya 3
  • Bathurst Mount Panorama 1
  • Brands Hatch 2
  • Brno 1
  • Cadwell Park 3
  • California Highway 5
  • Chesterfield Karting Circuit 1
  • Circuit of the Americas (COTA) 3
  • Daytona International Speedway 2
  • Daytona Rallycross 1
  • DirtFish 3
  • Donington Park 2
  • Dubai Autodrome 4
  • Dubai Kartdrome 1
  • Fuji 1
  • Glencairn Karting Circuit 6
  • Greenwood Karting Circuit 1
  • Lankebanen Rallycross (Hell) 1
  • Hockenheimring Classic 1
  • Hockenheimring 3
  • Hockenheimring Rallycross 1
  • Autodromo Internazionale Enzo e Dino Ferrari Imola 1
  • Indianapolis Motor Speedway 2
  • Knockhill Racing Circuit 5
  • Knockhill Rallycross 1
  • Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca 1
  • Circuit de 24 Heures du Mans 2
  • Le Mans Karting International 1
  • Rallycross of Loheac 1
  • Long Beach Street Circuit 1
  • Lydden Hill 2
  • Mercedes-Benz Driving Events Ice Track 6
  • Mojave 5
  • Autodromo Nazionale Monza 2
  • Autodromo Nazionale Monza Historic 3
  • Nuburgring and Nordschleife 9
  • Motorsport Arena Oschersleben 3
  • Oulton Park 3
  • Red Bull Ring 3
  • Road America 1
  • Rouen Les Essarts 2
  • Ruapuna Park 5
  • Sakitto 4
  • Sampala Ice Circuit 1
  • Silverstone 4
  • Silverstone Classic 1
  • Snetterton 3
  • Sonoma Raceway 3
  • Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps 1
  • Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps Historic 1
  • Sportsland SUGO 1
  • Summerton Karting Circuit 3
  • Texas Motor Speedway 3
  • Watkins Glen International 2
  • Wildcrest Rallycross 2
  • Willow Springs International Raceway 2
  • Zhuhai International Circuit 1
  • Circuit Zolder 1

Interesting track additions to the game include a first officially recreated version of the beautiful Knockhill circuit in Scotland, an historic version of Spa and of course the now essential version of the Nordschleife... in nine different versions!

So after the recent car list reveal, now we know about the tracks, we've seen plenty of screenshots and we've heard about the options and eSports elements of the title. All we need to do is wait for September 22nd and play the game ourselves!

Project CARS 2 will be available for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC 22nd September 2017.

Project CARS 2 Track List Reveal 1.jpg
Project CARS 2 Track List Reveal 2.jpg

The Project CARS 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment is the place to go for all the latest news and discussion around this exciting new game from Slightly Mad Studios. Check out the sub forum, get involved in the discussion and join our community as we await release later this year!

Last edited:
@ouvert What I meant was that saying there is mostly recycled assets in PCars 2 is pretty far from the truth.
The tracks were great in Project cars so i have no problem with it, its the car physics which felt like you were driving heavy hover crafts that liked to randomly float the entire car to the left or right when taking a corner at high speed, and too much grip oh dear that grip it was like you had sticky wheels for tyres which was the massive problem, So if the physics are fixed im willing to give them the cash and time

That stupid fake-Suzuka still there, only giving hopes for the real one... Croft, Adelaide, Melbourne, Motegi, Montreal? Only some example's. Definitely feel's now after all revealing's that those who did buy the first one, should get -50% discount from this Project car's 2.0 (remembering those slap's on the face very well :coffee:) So that been said, they can laserscan my wallet what show's very empty for them.

Last edited:
I would rather they just keep improving the first one, unlike Project Cars.
As nice as it would be to have AC just continue to evolve, there comes a time for every game engine to be refined / re-designed in the base code. New features and support for advancement in hardware require significant investments in resources to implement; doing so without a complete refresh would only cause more issues and break what now works - essentially going backwards, frustrating both players and developers.

Add to that, Kunos resistance to improving certain features / aspects of AC based on player requests and it seems likely that they feel it would be better to start anew or find a new direction altogether. Developer burnout is a very real threat - especially in such demanding markets. Its to all our benefit to recognize the signs and allow Sim developers to make such calls without making unrealistic requests.

The evolution of the Pcars franchise may add to the pressures of providing more advanced and dynamic game features going forward as the bar continues to be raised in various ways. While PC2 handling / FFB refinement remains unknown to most of us, IF (and it is a big IF), SMS succeeds, it could mark the beginning of a new era in Sim-Racing. The fact that SMS continues to push forward while responding to Sim-related features asked for by the community suggests they are serious about expanding into Sim territory IMO but, time will tell.

I for one am not disappointed to see many of the tracks return. There are quite a few that I really enjoyed and it is good to see them coming back, both the popular well known tracks, and some of the obscure lesser known ones. I am hoping that a lot of great tracks that did not make the list will be brought out as DLC at a later date. So many people complain about DLC as if they are being mugged by the devs. No one has to buy DLC, and if every single track that was wanted made the list this title would have been so expensive and taken so long to produce, many people would have been put out by the price or the time frame. Ala Carte is always a bit more expensive in the long run, but at least you are not forced to order anything you don't want. You simply pick and choose which DLC content is of interest to you.

Tracklist is good and large. If you want to complain about recycling content, you have to apply that complaint to Reiza as well... which is silly. In the end, one could say that all tracks are recycled unless they're all fantasy tracks.

I tend to believe the driving experience (physics, FFB) has been improved. Videos and statements seem to agree, though of course we can't really judge until having a wheel in our hands.

More obvious, though, is that the AI is the same idiotic AI that was in pCARS 1. They still cut the inside of T1 at starts and yet leave huge gaps to the second row. Even more damning that the AI remains unchanged is the lack of any promotion of AI improvements by SMS and we know SMS is NOT shy about touting their achievements!

35782284195_4edea8408b.jpg

Tracklist is good and large. If you want to complain about recycling content, you have to apply that complaint to Reiza as well... which is silly. In the end, one could say that all tracks are recycled unless they're all fantasy tracks.

I tend to believe the driving experience (physics, FFB) has been improved. Videos and statements seem to agree, though of course we can't really judge until having a wheel in our hands.

More obvious, though, is that the AI is the same idiotic AI that was in pCARS 1. They still cut the inside of T1 at starts and yet leave huge gaps to the second row. Even more damning that the AI remains unchanged is the lack of any promotion of AI improvements by SMS and we know SMS is NOT shy about touting their achievements!

35782284195_4edea8408b.jpg
Not disagreeing, but how do we know if that car was AI or just somebody beta testing the link?

What is the point of having something like California highway and not Road Atlanta instead.... or Barber? Mid Ohio? Mosport? Montreal?
Only one Aussie track.
Super euro focused
Hope there is more tracks coming in DLC, a lot more
I hope there is a lot of DLC to come. I'd add to your list of great picks already with Interlagos, Zandvoort, a Historic Watkins Glen, Kyalami, and Magny-Cours would be some more I would gladly purchase.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back