PC2 Project CARS 2: Rallycross, Jaguar and Some Mitsubishi's

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
PCARS 2 Rallycross 4 1.jpg

Take a first look at Rallycross in action on Project CARS 2, plus some nice shots of the Jaguar F-Type and several Mitsubishi's...

During the development phase of Project CARS 2 Slightly Mad Studios have partnered up with the 19 times X Games medal winning team OMSE, in a technical partnership aimed at helping the developers create loose surface racing within the Project CARS franchise for the very first time. Using the technical know how of the team, plus driving consultants from their Red Bull X Games drivers Mitchell deJong and Oliver Eriksson, SMS claim this new portion of the game has "not just the physics, but the frenzied feel of rallycross is as brutal in-game as it is in real-life".

What is more, SMS have confirmed the 'Live Track 3.0' technology that allows dynamic racing surface changes will also be active in Rallycross mode, giving the opportunity for the tracks to dynamically alter during the course of a race as players blast across mud, snow, ice and asphalt.

Honda, Ford, Mini, Renault and VW will be represented in Project CARS 2 Rallycross, with laser scanned versions of US-based DirtFish, Daytona, ‘Hell’ at Lånkebanen in Norway and the rallycross tracks at Hockenheim, Knockhill, Loheac-Bretagna and Lydden Hill in the UK.

Further to the official Rallycross trailer, IGN Espania have released this direct capture in game footage of the discipline (although not in English) that gives you a taste of the action to come once the game releases towards the end of the year:

As well as the announcement and footage of the Rallycross cars in action, SMS have also released a new batch of in images featuring a selection of the cars revealed so far. We've already seen a few shots from the F-Type Jaguar, but it's beautiful so deserves another spell in the limelight. Also included in the latest image release, and somewhat appropriate to be included in a post about Rallycross considering it's rally racing heritage in the hands of such greats as Tommi Makkinen and Richard Burns, is the ever fresh faced Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution, coming to the game in a number of different generations of the model. Now can we expect a Subaru to play with it.....?

Please don't forget to check out our cars revealed so far thread where we will attempt to keep an up to date list of the cars teased, revealed and leaked on the build up to the new game.

Project CARS 2 is due for release on Xbox One, PS4 and Windows PC towards the end of 2017.

PCARS 2 Rallycross 3 3.jpg
PCARS 2 Rallycross 2 2.jpg
PCARS 2 Rallycross 1 1.jpg

Check out our Project CARS 2 sub forum for a place to join together with fellow race fans and discuss the game prior to it's launch around September 2017. Once the game is publically available we will be hosting further sub forums with racing league and club events, downloadable setups, mods and more. Stay tuned for all the action here at RaceDepartment!

PCARS 2 - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 4.jpg PCARS 2 - Jaguar F-Type.jpg PCARS 2 - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 1.jpg PCARS 2 - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 3.jpg PCARS 2 - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 5.jpgPCARS 2 - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 2.jpg

Excited to see Rallycross in PCARS2? Do you think the game could be a rival for the upcoming Rallycross cars in DiRT 4? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
I'll copy-paste my post from the other thread.

"Work in progress". I hope for some progress there, was some weird points in the trailer.

Also slightly interesting to see how Codemasters was asked/told not to use real life stages etc. for DiRT 4 due to licensing to the official games, while SMS have managed to get much licensed stuff from the FIA WRX in to this game.

I saw preview of visual tire flex in PC2, looks really good. But it all looks yet, handling of Jaguar in wet Palm Beach wasn't convincing for me. It would be nice to find real wet laps on the limit onboards with groupC cars.

I have to admit, I'm interesting in Project Cars in itself (not tried the first one).

Long ago, I used to love the old-school rally PC games. When rally was rally. Can't say the rally section looked that great.

Damned if I can remember the game, but it had a 30 mile Wales section. Now that was hardcore!

Spectacular graphics and hoping the FFB steering wheel feel / physics are good as well, and I would like to think they would be as good as if not better than DR (only my personal opinion)....sadly though, I noticed that in the cockpit view of the Gameplay video that when adjusting to a good seating height for visibility over the dash board (my personal opinion) the steering wheel covered the dash read out, a number of other Sims have this problem as well with a variety of cars....only a little pet peeve I have with this...lol

BTW, which Joker Lap style they will use..?
That question was answered a few minutes ago so here's the answer.
"WRX and GRC have opposite definitions of Joker lap (longer for the former and shorter for the latter) so we are using the WRX "rules" and all joker extensions will be the longer route. Agree not 100% realistic but it was to simplify the rules for players (joker will always mean longer route for pC2). "

Also slightly interesting to see how Codemasters was asked/told not to use real life stages etc. for DiRT 4 due to licensing to the official games, while SMS have managed to get much licensed stuff from the FIA WRX in to this game.

It's entirely possible you will not see these tracks, or they'll be slightly altered in some way and given fictional names. Things were shown in the years of building up the original pCars only to be pulled from the game for various reasons.

It's entirely possible you will not see these tracks, or they'll be slightly altered in some way and given fictional names. Things were shown in the years of building up the original pCars only to be pulled from the game for various reasons.

They are naming the tracks specifically on their website:

http://www.projectcarsgame.com/news...-thrill-with-licensed-cars-and-tracks?lang=en

Mitchell and Oliver’s Honda Civic will be joined by licensed rallycross racers from MINI, VW, and Ford, all ready to do battle on scanned real-world rallycross tracks including US-based DirtFish, and Daytona, the iconic ‘Hell’ at Lånkebanen in Norway, and the rallycross tracks at Hockenheim, Knockhill, Loheac-Bretagna, and, of course, the track where it all began half-a-century ago—Lydden Hill in the UK.

I would assume if they are publishing this information, it's pretty set in stone.

It does look pretty good so far but FFB and sound will be the ultimate determining factor for me. Those were some serious weak spots in the last one. The FFB sounds promising so far. Not sure about audio yet.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back