PC2 Project CARS 2 Porsche Legends DLC Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Project CARS 2 Porsche Legends DLC 11.jpg Project CARS 2 Porsche Legends DLC 22.jpg Project CARS 2 Porsche Legends DLC 44.jpg Project CARS 2 Porsche Legends DLC 55.jpg Project CARS 2 Porsche Legends DLC 66.jpg Project CARS 2 Porsche Legends DLC 33.jpg
Nine new cars and an FIA sanctioned racing circuit have been made available to purchase for Project CARS 2 today! Find out more about the contents below...

Free as part of the Project CARS 2 season pass or retailing at £8.49 on Steam, this latest DLC for Slightly Mad Studios Project CARS 2 game sees nine brand new road and race machines from the 1970's right the way through to the latest 2017 911 RSR joining the simulation, as well as the Porsche owned Leipzig track, for now coming in just the single variation but with more layouts to follow in future...

Bringing many of the most iconic Porsche machines to Project CARS 2, this is for many easily the most impressive DLC expansion released for this still fairly young simulation. Added in the mix a rare circuit in the form of Leipzig, Slightly Mad Studios have performed something of a coup with such an impressive array of enjoyable and iconic cars.

The new DLC is available now for both console and PC versions of the title.

Porsche Legends Project CARS 2 DLC.jpg

Porsche Legends DLC Contents:

Cars
  • 1971 Porsche 908/03 Spyder
  • 1971 Porsche 917K
  • 1972 Porsche 917/10
  • 1973 Porsche 911 Carrera RSR 2.8
  • 1978 Porsche 935/78
  • 1981 Porsche 935/78-81
  • 1987 Porsche 959 S
  • 2004 Porsche Carrera GT
  • 2017 Porsche 911 RSR
Track
  • Porsche On-road Circuit Leipzig

Project CARS 2 is available now on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC.

Check out the Project CARS 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for more news, discussion and features on this sequel release to the hugely popular Project CARS franchise of games.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

Like the contents of the new Project CARS 2 Porsche DLC? Which one is your favourite? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 99238

Does anyone know what happened to the background on all tracks after patch 4?
This is another downgrade graphics in favor of imperfect consoles?

Last edited by a moderator:
It's cool that they put the track in Leipzig into the game. It's the first game I played that has it. But the one thing I was worried about unfortunately came true: they messed up the sound... I mean okay the 959 sounds alright but the 911 RSR and the Carrera GT don't and these are my favorite cars of the DLC. The RSR suffers from the same problem as the 911 GT3 R. It just doesn't have this "scream" to it and also doesn't really sound like Porsche's flat 6 race engines and the Carrera GT seems to have nearly the same sound as the Audi R8 V10 Plus or Lamborghini Huracan. I do no want to say that the DLC is bad because it isn't and I'm not the type of person who just wants real sounds but I was really looking forward to them and it´s just a little disappointing...

I've enjoyed the cars I've tried so far. The 1973 RSR 2.8 is good fun especially as there is a good mix of cars to race it against.

The handling is excellent, on par with any of the current racing games imo, the VR clarity and performance remains by far the best. The latest AI are good to race against too, I like the way they give space but don't give up when the player is alongside or has overtaken, they fight back well and sometimes make mistakes when they do.

The 917K is a real challenge to drive quickly and the 2017 RSR (slightly muted sound aside) feels like the stable long distance racer it is.

The Leipzig track is new to me and it seems they are going to add additional layouts soon.

As for the reported issues at least with PCARS 2 the devs have openly acknowledged the mistakes and promised fixes, a very different situation to PCARS.

I played just the RSR GTE 2017 after few months of innactivity... But what the hell just happened to pCars2? After few tests of RSR (bad sound, but the rest is just superb).

I went onto the Nurburgring 24H with GT3 cars and I was amazed by the car feeling, tire model, immersion. Even AI which was like taken from Destruction Derby, now was calm, fast and competitive.

Did I miss something? The GT3/GTE cars are just so realistic (as far as I know from onboards), just wow.... Ithink pCars 2 istotally underrated sim.

I wish to play some 1-2hour endurance race against real people. The immersion is just superb right know.

It's cool that they put the track in Leipzig into the game. It's the first game I played that has it. But the one thing I was worried about unfortunately came true: they messed up the sound... I mean okay the 959 sounds alright but the 911 RSR and the Carrera GT don't and these are my favorite cars of the DLC. The RSR suffers from the same problem as the 911 GT3 R. It just doesn't have this "scream" to it and also doesn't really sound like Porsche's flat 6 race engines and the Carrera GT seems to have nearly the same sound as the Audi R8 V10 Plus or Lamborghini Huracan. I do no want to say that the DLC is bad because it isn't and I'm not the type of person who just wants real sounds but I was really looking forward to them and it´s just a little disappointing...

It's one of my favorites, as well. That sucks to hear about the sound. The 2016 version suffers from the same. Almost makes me not want to drive it after a while, because it just sounds boring. Drive it in helmet view and the sound is even worse.

Took a spin in these today. I think the FFB by PCars standards is pretty decent on all the race cars (didn't drive 959 and Carrera GT). The interiors look great as well, so the visuals are top notch as usual. The sounds.....ehhh, well it's a mixed bag for me. The 2017 RSR is mediocre to me. It's missing some gear whine and just seems very dull as everyone has said. The 917k is pretty good although i'm missing some pops and rattling of the timing chains you would expect. The worst car for me is the 911 RSR 2.8. That car sounds nothing like it does in any other sim and I don't like it at all. It just doesn't sound like something from the 70's and it seems to also be engine dominated with little other effects.

I have to mention that SMS outdid themselves with the 3D models on this pack. The level of detail is on a much higher level than other cars which even look rough and unfinished in some cases (look at the Bentley GT3 interior for example and compare that to the level of detail of the Porsche 908/3).

The sounds across the board range from atrocious and unlike ANY Porsche sound (RSR 2017 which actually sounds like they took the very bad lawnmower sound from the 911 GT3 R 2016, copied them over as placeholders) to mixed bag. None of them sound spot on, some like the RSR 2.8 have the general engine note character about right but lack any of the visceral scream, detail and life these cars have.

The 908/3 for example does not sound AT ALL like a boxer 8 ;-(
Replay sounds of all cars but the 917 are on an entirely new low level - the 917 does have the engine character about right in replays but suffers from the replay sound issues like all other cars.

Wouldn’t it be amazing if SMS hired the RSS sound guy to overhaul PC2 sounds in one monumental effort?

I enjoyed driving the 908/3 and RSR 2.8 a lot - these feel surprisingly good (I start at SMS stable setup and tweak from there) and I have high hopes that SMS will sort the remaining issues on these cars.

I just wish they would also focus some work on the game breaking issues some people still have first (shadow flickering and reflection flickering with triple screen users with certain setups).
As PC2 is, I am only able to hotlap with a single car which is not acceptable 6 month after release.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 319 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 219 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 214 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 161 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 279 13.5%