PC2 Project CARS 2 Nissan Previews and a Fast Mitsubishi...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Project CARS 2 Nissan 4.jpg

Slightly Mad Studios have revealed a whole raft of new images from four very impressive Nissan race cars due to be added to Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC racing game Project CARS 2.

With a release of Project CARS 2 due towards the end of September, Slightly Mad Studios have been on the promotion trail and are slowly revealing some of the exciting content due to launch with the game across all platforms towards the end of the year.

Today SMS have shown off some impressive looking images of a selection of Nissan race cars, giving fans access to some of the finest machines produced by the Japanese manufacturer over the years.

As well as a whole bunch of the Japanese Nissan brands cars coming up in Project CARS 2, SMS have also confirmed something a little bit different and not seen in other sims, the very dramatic looking and incredibly rapid Mitsubishi Lancer Evo VI SVA Time Attack. It's big, it's fast and it does unexpected things in corners, enjoy!

Project CARS 2 Mitsubishi Lancer Evo VI SVA Time Attack.jpg

Please don't forget to check out our cars revealed so far thread where we will attempt to keep an up to date list of the cars teased, revealed and leaked on the build up to the new game.

Project CARS 2 is due for release on Xbox One, PS4 and Windows PC towards the end of 2017.

Project CARS 2 Nissan .jpg
Project CARS 2 Nissan 2.jpg
Project CARS 2 Nissan 3.jpg

Check out our Project CARS 2 sub forum for a place to join together with fellow race fans and discuss the game prior to it's launch around September 2017. Once the game is publically available we will be hosting further sub forums with racing league and club events, downloadable setups, mods and more. Stay tuned for all the action here at RaceDepartment!

Project CARS 2 Nissan 5.jpg PROJECT CARS 2 Onboard.jpg Project CARS 2 Nissan Skyline 2000RS 1983 2.jpgProject CARS 2 Nissan Skyline R32.jpg Project CARS 2 Nissan Skyline .jpg

Are you happy to see the inclusion of many of Nissan's premium race cars from the manufacturers history? What other cars would you like to see in future with the game? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Obviously, what resmania wrote about the hate culture, was written about RD members.

Exactly.

Correct me if I'm wrong but NDA is mostly about licensing stuff (which track/car manufacturer will be in the game) than a game's feature and physics. You can read a lot of information about current state of pCARS 2 physics at GTP Q&A thread.

I read it a few times as I wrote it down myself. You know exactly what I mean Ian. Maybe the newer members aren't aware what happened here in 2012 but I remember it very clearly like yesterday. It's by far the darkest page in RD history.

Ian, you and I both know you aren't a frequent visiting member of this site either as you claim (zero posts between end of 2012 and May 2015 and from May 2015 and February of this year). You appear directly before a game release to hype things up with promises. Post-release you are actively downplaying criticism and carefully picking your fights to deviate the attention from the actual problems.

As a huge fan of GTR, GTR2 and GTL I have been disappointed with Shift 1, Shift 2 (with exception of the awesome community patch), Test Drive: FRL and PCars 1 and I will be very skeptical with regards to pre-release promises that aren't delivered. I hope we will see some actual movie footage before release of what you claim is "redefining the genre".

I'll happily play the beta of Project CARS 2 without an NDA if you are 100% confident that PCars 2 is really redefining the genre this time around. I'll be the first one to admit in public when it truly is and when it isn't I need the freedom to voice my concerns as well. Are you up for it? I am, no testing salary, free high end pc or Nascar needed. Unbiased and for free on my amazing kitchen table setup, like it should.

Glad that after all these years we do agree on at least one thing then.

I you think forum rules are breached, click the report button under a post and we will take a look at it.

I read your site every day Bram. But I'll take your negative metrics and connotations with no further comment. I hope some day you'll be able to treat us as you do others.

So totally ignoring the offer to test your game unbiased?
'I'll happily play the beta of Project CARS 2 without an NDA if you are 100% confident that PCars 2'
Sorry Bram, is this something I've done in your mind again? If I may say so, this is coming across as very unprofessional. Two thousand people are testing pCARS2 daily, the consensus is that we've made a huge step. We're clearly not hiding anything. Please try to drop your unfounded belligerent attitude towards us. We really don't deserve it. I'm here offering exclusive information on pCARS2 but if the owner of the site openly hates us so much for no clear reason we'll chose to not be here.

You really have an issue with 'respect' Bram. I'm a busy man. Thanks for letting me be here but I've had enough now. Thanks.
I am genuinely interested in trying out Project CARS 2 and to see if it lives up to the high expectations you are setting. If it's truly redefining the genre i'll be the first one to acknowledge that, however if it doesn't, then I want to have the freedom to disclose that as well.

I think I've made a fair offer.

I am genuinely interested in trying out Project CARS 2 and to see if it lives up to the high expectations you are setting. If it's truly redefining the genre i'll be the first one to acknowledge that, however if it doesn't, then I want to have the freedom to disclose that as well.

I think I've made a fair offer.
Best of luck Bram.

I'll re-inform the team as per 5 years back when you refused to moderate threads wishing me and my children cancer. We're all done here.

Best of luck.

when you refused to moderate threads wishing me and my children cancer.
Now you are just making stuff up. We would never leave comments like that on our forums. Please direct me to the post where people were wishing you and your children cancer as it's 100% not in our moderator log.

We refused to moderate a thread where somebody said he was banned for no reason and he was factual right.

Hey there!

Long-time reader, first time poster ;-)

Firstly, thank you for being a fan of our original GTR/GT Legends titles. Whilst I personally was not involved with those titles, they were indeed ahead of their time and it's always heartwarming to hear people citing them as seminal games.

As for not being a fan of the SHIFT titles, that's okay. They're Need For Speed games so are likely a bit to the left of the sim racing demographic. Please remember that those titles were specifically aimed at transitioning a traditional 'arcade street racing' audience gradually towards 'on track' experiences. That began with "Pro Street" and we continued it, ever creeping towards more legitimate sanctioned racing.

When it comes to Project CARS, this is our baby. Our own IP, our own (groundbreaking) method for making the game alongside you guys - the community, and the culmination of our heritage making racing games for almost 20 years now and the expertise from real racing drivers.

That means that every day, our internal team, our WMD community, and the racing pros are all giving it 110% trying to make the very best experience. We work long hours, get extremely passionate about our work, balance our personal lives with going the extra mile for the game, with the belief that all digging deep shows in the final product.

We're very proud of Project CARS, and whilst our ambition was huge when we first announced the game, we managed to achieve about 90% of it in the final product which is a massive achievement. Could some things have been better? Absolutely, we're perfectionists so there's always MORE that could be done. Did some things have to be cut? Again, yes, because they didn't live up to our own standards. Did we continue to listen to the community after launch? Totally - you guys helped us make the game even better after launch and together the game went on to do incredibly well in terms of sales but also critically, being awarded Best Racing Game of 2015 amongst others.

Even now, it's a pleasure to see hundreds of lobbies available on a Saturday morning for example. And to tune in on Twitch to see our Esports pros compete in the latest round of a championship. Or see the joy of someone on Twitter posting a pic of their first time with the game after receiving it for Christmas.

And whilst there's still some work to do to make it clear that we've addressed the biggest concerns people had with the first title and rectified them in the sequel already (tire physics, force feedback, gamepad handling, AI aggression etc..), we'd like to think that if we've been honest and diligent with you guys - both the journalism side and the community side - then that would be reciprocated back.

Thanks again for your continued support, all we can ask is that you think about the team members who are working on the game right now and see the kind of negativity as I've witnessed above and in other threads. I know it's The Internet and it comes with the territory but it'd be nice to wipe the slate clean and give both us and the game a fair chance as we believe it really is very special.

Anyway, Paul (Jeffrey) was invited to an 'event' with hands on Project CARS 2, and Bandai Namco don't allow access without an NDA (to ask for no NDA really is odd - we have multiple manufacturers as yet unannounced and would be in trouble as a company if one piece of uncleared information like that would leak out).

That's out of our hands of course, but the offer is there for Paul and I hope he has a great time.

PS, here's one of your own posts Bram, there are many more like this :) - http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/project-cars-breaks-1-million-sales.106783/#post-2021514

Last edited:
Anyway, Paul (Jeffrey) was invited to an 'event' with hands on Project CARS 2, and Bandai Namco don't allow access without an NDA (to ask for no NDA really is odd - we have multiple manufacturers as yet unannounced and would be in trouble as a company if one piece of uncleared information like that would leak out).

That's out of our hands of course, but the offer is there for Paul and I hope he has a great time.

PS, here's one of your own posts Bram, there are many more like this :) - http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/project-cars-breaks-1-million-sales.106783/#post-2021514

I assume this is a closed program now if I wanted to have access to the beta?

Thanks for changing the subject again. You make a firm accusation in public and I am waiting for the email to back up the claims. There is no messing around with cancer or cancer wishes so please send me the email where you outline the above and where I refuse to moderate it.

With regards to your latest post: I made a fair offer to test your game without any holdbacks so it can be verified if it's redefining the genre and you refused. I wasn't asking for an invite to a publisher event btw.

There is no messing around with cancer or cancer wishes.
I don't remember seeing it here, but on the PCars forum, page 3 of the topic titled Hahahaha, what a terrible forum and company, someone. posted this (using the forumname IanBell (!) text.
I quote: "you're a piece of ****. Go kill yourself. i hope you get cancer and die"
It is still there, just checked...
Edit: I guess everyone knows what the stars mean...

Just for the record that isn't our Pcars forum right?

What stings here is that I get accused in public for not moderating posts where Ian and his kids are told to get cancer. Although we receive 100s of posts per day and we can't possibly read all messages. I know that we would never leave such comments on a forum if we are made aware of it via the report system so I am waiting for the emails to be sent to either verify or rectify as we owe a big apology if true.

We can disagree about racing aims, we can disagree about marketing strategies but we can't disagree on fatal deceases being wished for. That's a horrible thing to wish for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 316 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 217 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 213 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 158 7.7%