PC2 Project CARS 2 Japanese Car Pack DLC Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Project CARS 2 Japanese Car Pack DLC Released.jpg

Slightly Mad Studios have made available the pre order bonus 'Japanese Car Pack' DLC, purchasable for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC with immediate effect.

The first DLC pack for the new Project CARS 2 game brings with it four new Japanese themed racing cars in the form of the modern, historic and futuristic content from the creative designs of Nissan and Honda.

The pack originally formed part of the pre order bonus content available to gamers who purchased Project CARS 2 before release date, however now the British studio have made available these four cars for the general Project CARS 2 gaming populous, retailing for £3.99.

Japanese Car Pack DLC Contents:
  • Nissan R32 Skyline GT-R
  • Nissan 280ZX GTX
  • Honda Civic Type R
  • Honda 2&4 Concept
Project CARS 2 is available for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC now.

Check out the Project CARS 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for more news, discussion and features on this sequel release to the hugely popular Project CARS franchise of games.

Project CARS 2 Japanese Car Pack DLC Released 4.jpg
Project CARS 2 Japanese Car Pack DLC Released 3.jpg

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

Do you like the look of the Project CARS 2 Japanese Car Pack DLC? Have you tried the new content yet? If so, what are your impressions? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Tempted to buy this, I normally buy any ask questions later...but out of principle not this time. Too many little bugs and features need to be resolved first..before i hand out more money. At this rate we'll be hearing Pcars 3 news..... SMS have a point to prove and show they can resolve bugs and include more features.....in time. Am guessing i cant join races with dlc users?

I personally like pCARS 2 as there are cars in the game that I really like driving, and the weather system and graphics is what I purchased the game for mostly anyway....and although not every cars is good I will purchase the Japanese Pack for sure....after all it is just another Sim in my collection to enjoy.

This.... although I got the premium pack so I get it anyway! :D

One thing is for me sure: .... I'll never admit such a commercial method.
Never a DLC for a game which is not even fixed.

Project Cars 1 ( forgotten for a long time on PC ) - Project Cars 2 with so many things to be fixed ...
Forget me for Project Cars 3, SMS !!! .... ( or your publisher ?? )

Sorry but I cannot stand those selling methods. Wasn't it said many years ago: "the customer is the king"
The kings should better stop buying nowadays .... the customer is now a sucker is surely more correct.

Holiday season doesn't really start till Black Friday, right? Yes? Good then I feel somewhat safe in saying this without risk getting my Fanatec stuff for Christmas because some elf somewhere is racing the Audi LMP1 around an ice covered dirt track at Daytona who'd like to extract revenge on the following.
Does the DLC include a game Uninstall feature and a warning telling me to 'never consider buying another 'Sim/Game' racing title that is also offered on console ever again?

Holiday season doesn't really start till Black Friday, right? Yes? Good then I feel somewhat safe in saying this without risk getting my Fanatec stuff for Christmas because some elf somewhere is racing the Audi LMP1 around an ice covered dirt track at Daytona who'd like to extract revenge on the following.
Does the DLC include a game Uninstall feature and a warning telling me to 'never consider buying another 'Sim/Game' racing title that is also offered on console ever again?
Do you also think that Project CARS 2 is the most fun and complete simulation package on PC?

This is a kick in the nuts of the people who bought the game before release in order to receive those bonus cars and lived with an unusable software since release with their money gone.

These very people (myself included, naive as I was) have thrown cash to SMS, have received a non-functional, unfinished piece of beta release software that has not been fixed since release and cannot use the software they have paid for.

It does not help that SMS is absolutely silent on when fixing attempts are to be made or (what one would expect) would issue regular small bug fixes - no it is complete silence and ill communication on the official forums (with people mocking each other all the while people with real issues with the software cannot be helped but either being informed that "it is as it is" or being ridiculed).
Instead it seems they promise to work on a "super patch" since a long time, leaving customers who are not able to use the software out in the cold.

I was very naive to have thought that "this time around" it would have been a different experience.

I cannot use PC 2 as of constant texture flickering with triple screen and AMD based multi GPU setup as do others with similar setups (which btw work beautifully with all other major racing simulators).
As a workaround one can disable one GPU, would have to use PC 2 at absolute lowest graphics settings and still gets no more than ~30 FPS (not daring to race with dynamic weather, night lighting or even in the rain).

I suggest anyone who has unresolved issues with PC2 to NOT purchase any further content before those issues are resolved satisfactory as can be realistically expected.

This is a kick in the nuts of the people who bought the game before release in order to receive those bonus cars and lived with an unusable software since release with their money gone.

These very people (myself included, naive as I was) have thrown cash to SMS, have received a non-functional, unfinished piece of beta release software that has not been fixed since release and cannot use the software they have paid for.

It does not help that SMS is absolutely silent on when fixing attempts are to be made or (what one would expect) would issue regular small bug fixes - no it is complete silence and ill communication on the official forums (with people mocking each other all the while people with real issues with the software cannot be helped but either being informed that "it is as it is" or being ridiculed).
Instead it seems they promise to work on a "super patch" since a long time, leaving customers who are not able to use the software out in the cold.

I was very naive to have thought that "this time around" it would have been a different experience.

I cannot use PC 2 as of constant texture flickering with triple screen and AMD based multi GPU setup as do others with similar setups (which btw work beautifully with all other major racing simulators).
As a workaround one can disable one GPU, would have to use PC 2 at absolute lowest graphics settings and still gets no more than ~30 FPS (not daring to race with dynamic weather, night lighting or even in the rain).

I suggest anyone who has unresolved issues with PC2 to NOT purchase any further content before those issues are resolved satisfactory as can be realistically expected.
I bought the Season Pass. I really hope they announce the date of the first real new content soon. I'm not sure I understand the kick in the nuts comment. You either bought it earlier to get the cars right away or you wait and buy them separately as DLC.

I bought the Season Pass. I really hope they announce the date of the first real new content soon. I'm not sure I understand the kick in the nuts comment. You either bought it earlier to get the cars right away or you wait and buy them separately as DLC.

I was under the impression that to receive these cars at all you would have to pre-purchase PC2 which I reluctantly did.
If I would have known that this content will be available later on I would never have pre-purchased but would have waited for feedback regarding the final release - which might have turned out that I never even would have purchased PC 2 in the end (why pay money for something you cannot even use).

I got fooled by SMS twice - honestly my own mistake. I am happy for the people though who are able to enjoy it. Luckily choices these days are so good that you do not have to get PC 2 working.

Using Titan XP SLI, best graphics to date on my triples at 7680 x 1440 144hz. You should have chosen Nvidia instead of being GPU naive after all the bad drivers AMD has produced, and lack of driver updates.;) I bought AMD once but learned my lesson.

And what exactly has the above comment to do with the Japanese DLC content?
Muppet!
:laugh:

The same as yours

My Nvidia system runs at 4K without breaking a sweat, did the AMD thing a few years ago, never again.
PC2 runs without any trouble in triple digit FPS.
As for bug ridden driving sims with little or no support.....RF2 is a shining example.:roflmao:

I just find it cute you're trying to bash another sim when everyone is calling this one PBugs2 :whistling:
And funny you disagree when the evidence is right there in the video
And btw, I own the game, but facts are facts

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 223 14.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 154 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 150 9.9%
  • < 4 years