PC2 Project CARS 2 Images Revealed for CoTA, IndyCar oh and Porsche too...

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Project CARS 2 Porsche.jpg

Slightly Mad Studios have recently confirmed Porsche, Circuit of the Americas and the full 2016 IndyCar series will be coming to Project CARS 2 on release later this year.

Expected to ship with over 180 and 60 different tracks, Project CARS 2 will be nothing if not chock-a-block full of content come this September, and as part of the gradual content reveal the studio have announced the mighty Porsche brand will form part of the stellar cast of manufacturers represented in the game at launch.

Announcing the new partnership by way of a short 4+ minute "Porsche Passion" trailer, the Porsche announcement makes for one of the final big name brands due to appear in the game as the developers continue in their quest to capture digital recreations of some of the biggest and best automotive brands in history.

Although the new trailer is not expected to contain shots of all the Porsche cars due to be included in Project CARS 2, we do get a first look at the virtual representations of the Cayman GT4 Clubsport, the 911 GT1 and GT3 R plus the 911 (991) GT3 RS and the 918 Spyder, 935, 936 and 962C. An impressive ensemble already and containing several cars found in sim racing rival Assetto Corsa, making for some potentially interesting comparisons when PC2 releases around September this year.

In other content announcement news / reveals, SMS have confirmed a couple of pieces of American motorsport bedrocks, the fairly recent Circuit of the Americas of Formula One fame and the premier open wheel racing series of the United States, the full grid of 2016 IndyCar Series drivers!

Project CARS 2 COTA 3.jpg
Project CARS 2 COTA 4.jpg

Project CARS 2 COTA.jpg

Love it or loath it, CoTA is fast becoming one of the most established American motorsport venues since it opened its doors for the first time in 2012. Host to the only American round of the FIA Formula One World Championship and bike racing equivalent MotoGP, plus a US round of the World Endurance Championship, CoTA is one of the most modern facilities in the United States and provides an interesting challenge for drivers whilst affording impressive viewing opportunities for the 100,000 + spectators that flock to Texas for the big annual events held at the circuit.

Project CARS 2 IndyCar 1.jpg
Project CARS 2 IndyCar 2.jpg
Project CARS 2 IndyCar 4.jpg

Keeping to the topic of big American events, following the reveal that IndyCar has been licenced for Project CARS 2 Slightly Mad Studios have released a new batch of images featuring these powerful open wheelers, plus confirming the cars will come complete with the full 2016 driver and team line ups that ran the IndyCar Series last season. Personally I feel it's been too long since an official IndyCar game and for that reason alone I have renewed interest in this title. Check out the screenshots of the cars and CoTA below..

Project CARS 2 will be released on PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4 towards the end of 2017, with an expected release date tentatively pencilled in for around September.

Project CARS 2 IndyCar 3.jpg Project CARS 2 IndyCar 5.jpg

Check out the Project CARS 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for more news and chat regarding the upcoming second instalment of the best selling Project CARS franchise.

Looking forward to PCARS 2? Excited to see Porsche, Indy, Circuit of the Americas and the IndyCar Series in the game? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
I have no job and i could afford 2 extra monitors.

Not all can afford it perhaps, but to be a company who makes a racing sim, and they believe it to be a racing sim, and they promote it as a racing sim just to completely skip all those who's hobby is sim racing. People who build rigs often have triple screen setup and a lot of others who hasnt built one yet (like me). I mean those who invest to be sim racers are not taken seriously from those claiming to make a racing sim. That just seems weird to me when they know there are those who actually invest money and time in this hobby to get the best experience out of it. After all its just triple screen support and nothing crazy. But never mind you say they are adding that option so thats cool then. :)

Some would say not having VR support is not "properly" supporting sim racing now. Personally I don't care as both are niche at the moment.

And who said SMS don't take triple screens seriously? They failed to implement it but they tried.

in my little experience ProjectCars has been very disappointing . this game have some really cool stuff like rthe weather and the day/night cycle or the graphics , but the physics .... oh guys the physics sucks . tge game is not a SIM , is more a Granturismo or Forza like . nothing to compare to AC or Rfactor2 . So my doubts are all about the physics , are the developers going to produce a real SIM game or they just want to follow Granturismo ? we'll see .

Yes it IS a sim FACT, look up the dictionary and it fullfills the description. and yes it's nothing like AC and RF2...it has low speed grip and those do not!

Triple screen support "is now being tested and implemented and it's going to be the 'bestest' thing the world has seen"... Yeah, that's been repeated ad infinitum ever since the beginning of the development of Project CARS 1...

Of course, as long as you don't use the term HARDCORE SIMULATOR to describe a title that doesn't support basic hardcore features then.

You DO realize not every PC racer on the planet can afford a Direct Drive wheel? Or pro pedals? Or even VR (the smallest of the minorities in simracing)? Let's not support any of that. Right...

You win the pure hyperbole nonsense award 2017....**slow clap**

Uh, what? So is triple monitor setup working or not?

It's the way the image is displayed on the side monitors, if not done properly it is just a stretched image so looks wrong unless the game let's you adjust the image to the angle of the side monitors. So that's what the complainers mean. PC only stretched the image no options to adjust, hopefully (and it sounds like it's being done) PC2 will rectify that. I really want it, not for me but just to shut up the incessant whinging and whining about it!

I don't get that "poor PC racer" argument?
Monitors and GPU's are cheap these days.
Get a job and save a little, simple! That's how i get my Sim gear, one cable at a time.
Stop talking for other people!

MANY people have better things to spend the money on. WAY more than those who are spend loads on PC gear, of which a small amount of those are into racing. Face it, it's a FACT that that level of expenditure is done by a TINY minority of gamers. Hell PC gaming is a minority within gaming itself.

Stop talking for other people yourself.

Oh God. That's too easy of a set up Ian.:laugh:

You say you're in Ian's corner, but it doesn't sound like it at all mate. Ian runs a business he has NO obligation to come on forums and reply to people in person. Devs of all kinds do it because they want to please the end user, but slap them in the face and they won't won't like it just like anyone else.

Why this hate about the triple-screen-issue? It seems like everyone who doesn't have a triplescreen is saying that it's not nessecary. They may be right. It is, in fact, not to run the game properly. But... I am a triple-screen-user myself, and since I am using it, the immersion tooks it all. It is so good to have your complete field of view filled with the screen. You can handle your car far more precisely, because it's all bigger. It helped me really to improve my laptime. (Well, still slow. XD) So, on this hand, for me, it is nessecary to have a proper triple-screen-support.

It depends on the user, so it's your decision how deep you go into your hobby. Single, triple or VR (Well, that's another topic, no way for me, I get bad motionsickness for some reason.), it's your choice. So, if someone uses a triplescreen-setup, it is his right to ask for support for it. That's not whining, neither complaining. It's for some gamers simply an exclusion criterion. And then it's up to the companys to decide, whether they want to address these users or not.

I remember people in the Steam-forum for pCARS, going mad not having proper support for their VR-systems. That was hard complaining. Even when SMS said "We're working on it to get it right, will come soon", there were tons of people keeping to blame the devs it's not already there. Hilarous, if you ask me, customer-ready VR systems weren't out at release of pCARS 1.

THAT was whining, if you simply ask if support for triple screen will be in the basic game within release, that's just it. A question for support. And an exclusion criterion, at best. No whining, no complainment.

Regardless of what is being said here, properly working triple screen support is being tested right now, so have at it ;P

It is not the fact that people are complaining that this or that was not ready at release of PCARS1, it is the fact that all that people want to do is take their pitchforks and burn their "favourite" dev and no one is going to convince them otherwise. In fact, they go out of their way to crap on these threads, on-topic or not, just to stir things up and make sure they disrupt anything someone might have to say. It seems to have quite down lately, either it is being moderated or they just have other things to do now with the AC new dlc.

Porsche's look great and I am excited to see what they are like in the actual game. Indeed, we need more gameplay trailers, show-off trailers look nice, but mix them up with some longer on-board shots and not just from the exterior.

MANY people have better things to spend the money on. WAY more than those who are spend loads on PC gear, of which a small amount of those are into racing. Face it, it's a FACT that that level of expenditure is done by a TINY minority of gamers. Hell PC gaming is a minority within gaming itself.

Stop talking for other people yourself.
Really ? where did i say anything about anyone else in my statement ? I did'nt ! Clearly talking about my situation , you keep talking "minority of gamers"and "MANY people".
I said get a job and save as PC components are cheap . If i want the best or more of something thats what i do and i have plenty of other things i NEED to spend money on , a Wife and three Children ,mortgage and all the other bills that come with living but Sim racing is my thing and i earn enough to get all i want and i dont care if you say its a niche thing or what , if it's said to be a full on Sim then i just hope for it to actually fulfill that niche
FACT .lol .

@Ian Bell
Outside of the wmd audience that are going provide biased reviews of PC2 in the interest of their investment, why not release a demo of the product thus far as I assume at this stage the basic fundamentals of the game is there and it's a case of polishing up and content that needs finalising.

We can then stfu if we are content that Sms have addressed the complaints of PCars.

@Ian Bell
Outside of the wmd audience that are going provide biased reviews of PC2 in the interest of their investment, why not release a demo of the product thus far as I assume at this stage the basic fundamentals of the game is there and it's a case of polishing up and content that needs finalising.

We can then stfu if we are content that Sms have addressed the complaints of PCars.

Because demos mean less sales, even for good games. Publishers rarely go that route for that simple reason.

The product itself will act as its own demo though and very soon you'll be hearing the feedback from those playing it. Plus there is always the Steam 2 hour refund policy...

There is no investment this time. People in WMD2 are 'early access' testers with no financial return to 'protect'.

Because demos mean less sales, even for good games. Publishers rarely go that route for that simple reason.

The product itself will act as its own demo though and very soon you'll be hearing the feedback from those playing it. Plus there is always the Steam 2 hour refund policy...

There is no investment this time. People in WMD2 are 'early access' testers with no financial return to 'protect'.
Hey Ian, you say "very soon"! How soon is very soon? And please not SMSoon!

No worries.

I particularly recommend watching the first video until the end. Whilst it gives some reasonable indication of the improved physics, the transition from misty dark morning to sunshine is pretty ace if I say so :)

Yeah, that sunrise is absolutely gorgeous, which is saying something considering I'm already biased towards Long Beach and IndyCar overall. With all the effort that's gone into it, I absolutely want you guys to knock it out of the proverbial park; another great racing sim would benefit everyone. I greatly look forward to, if nothing else, once again driving stock cars (or similar) on courses that are wildly impractical for stock cars, just because I can.

I'd make a comment on the industry making me expect hype-reels so much that I completely miss actual gameplay footage when it's not directly handed to me, but nah, that was a goof on my part.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 102 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 184 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 363 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 504 39.0%