PC2 Project CARS 2 Images Revealed for CoTA, IndyCar oh and Porsche too...

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Project CARS 2 Porsche.jpg

Slightly Mad Studios have recently confirmed Porsche, Circuit of the Americas and the full 2016 IndyCar series will be coming to Project CARS 2 on release later this year.

Expected to ship with over 180 and 60 different tracks, Project CARS 2 will be nothing if not chock-a-block full of content come this September, and as part of the gradual content reveal the studio have announced the mighty Porsche brand will form part of the stellar cast of manufacturers represented in the game at launch.

Announcing the new partnership by way of a short 4+ minute "Porsche Passion" trailer, the Porsche announcement makes for one of the final big name brands due to appear in the game as the developers continue in their quest to capture digital recreations of some of the biggest and best automotive brands in history.

Although the new trailer is not expected to contain shots of all the Porsche cars due to be included in Project CARS 2, we do get a first look at the virtual representations of the Cayman GT4 Clubsport, the 911 GT1 and GT3 R plus the 911 (991) GT3 RS and the 918 Spyder, 935, 936 and 962C. An impressive ensemble already and containing several cars found in sim racing rival Assetto Corsa, making for some potentially interesting comparisons when PC2 releases around September this year.

In other content announcement news / reveals, SMS have confirmed a couple of pieces of American motorsport bedrocks, the fairly recent Circuit of the Americas of Formula One fame and the premier open wheel racing series of the United States, the full grid of 2016 IndyCar Series drivers!

Project CARS 2 COTA 3.jpg
Project CARS 2 COTA 4.jpg

Project CARS 2 COTA.jpg

Love it or loath it, CoTA is fast becoming one of the most established American motorsport venues since it opened its doors for the first time in 2012. Host to the only American round of the FIA Formula One World Championship and bike racing equivalent MotoGP, plus a US round of the World Endurance Championship, CoTA is one of the most modern facilities in the United States and provides an interesting challenge for drivers whilst affording impressive viewing opportunities for the 100,000 + spectators that flock to Texas for the big annual events held at the circuit.

Project CARS 2 IndyCar 1.jpg
Project CARS 2 IndyCar 2.jpg
Project CARS 2 IndyCar 4.jpg

Keeping to the topic of big American events, following the reveal that IndyCar has been licenced for Project CARS 2 Slightly Mad Studios have released a new batch of images featuring these powerful open wheelers, plus confirming the cars will come complete with the full 2016 driver and team line ups that ran the IndyCar Series last season. Personally I feel it's been too long since an official IndyCar game and for that reason alone I have renewed interest in this title. Check out the screenshots of the cars and CoTA below..

Project CARS 2 will be released on PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4 towards the end of 2017, with an expected release date tentatively pencilled in for around September.

Project CARS 2 IndyCar 3.jpg Project CARS 2 IndyCar 5.jpg

Check out the Project CARS 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for more news and chat regarding the upcoming second instalment of the best selling Project CARS franchise.

Looking forward to PCARS 2? Excited to see Porsche, Indy, Circuit of the Americas and the IndyCar Series in the game? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
How comes you're always quoting stats at me about the decline of F1 then if they are so much bullshit and irrelevant? ;):ninja:

Because you promptly ignore them, like you should. All F1 fanboys do. Logic on you is like trying to kick a tiger before it eats you. Stats are unless to you because now they support your baby, yet stats (like Brexit polls) never predict the future, like logic does. So yes, I agree! Stats can either prove F1 is dominant (which it is) or show it's failing (which it is). My point is, the recent takeover of F1 by Liberty, or the backpedaling on down-force and engine noise, were entirely predictable (not by stats).

Last edited:
I've heard proper triple screen support is now in and being tested, also I would not call that a BASIC requirement. You DO realise not every PC racer on the planet can afford that?
I don't get that "poor PC racer" argument?
Monitors and GPU's are cheap these days.
Get a job and save a little, simple! That's how i get my Sim gear, one cable at a time.
Stop talking for other people!

Last edited:
So you have the beta? I'm curious: Have you only played it with a controller or a wheel also? If you do have the beta, how would you describe the overall feel of PCars2 at this point? Thanks

He doesn't or he wouldn't be saying that. The feedback for the last week on WMD2 is that we've absolutely nailed controller input. Not one tester has said otherwise.

He doesn't or he wouldn't be saying that. The feedback for the last week on WMD2 is that we've absolutely nailed controller input. Not one tester has said otherwise.

That's great Ian...I'm sure controller handling compromises wheel handling not in the slightest. Now only if you can "nail" oval racing like you promised four years ago, you may have a hit on your hands. Try not to "nail" those who disagree with you on your forums this time.

If you are hiding all those ovals you mapped before you released the first game, I sincerely apologize. And that's not sarcasm. What you did (or tried to do rather) for the console was nothing other than revolutionary.

Last edited:
That's great Ian...I'm sure controller handling compromises wheel handling not in the slightest. Now only if you can "nail" oval racing like you promised four years ago, you may have a hit on your hands. Try not to "nail" those who disagree with you on your forums this time.

If you are hiding all those ovals you mapped before you released the first game, I sincerely apologize. And that's not sarcasm.

Thanks for the kind words Rob. We have nailed it and it's a hit already. Preorders are through the roof. We can't print enough collectors editions. Sadly we're out of Ultra's as they sold out in less than a day and we promised 1000 maximum.

On forums I'll respond as I see fit thanks but I appreciate the behavioural advice.

Thanks for the kind words Rob. We have nailed it and it's a hit already. Preorders are through the roof. We can't print enough collectors editions. Sadly we're out of Ultra's as they sold out in less than a day and we promised 1000 maximum.

On forums I'll respond as I see fit thanks but I appreciate the behavioural advice.

I have always been in your corner Ian, but you didn't address the elephant in the room. If the numbers make it easier to ignore the potential to crush Turn 10, have at it.

Thanks Rob. What elephant did I fail to address?

Ovals.

1. Will you do the IndyCar license justice and include tracks like Pocono, Texas, and Iowa (you even mapped Richmond :inlove: which is where I am now...and Iowa, I believe). Those "bull rings" and high banks are critical to IndyCar.

2. If you decide to include more than 1-2 ovals, will they be linked to the IndyCar series (or NASCAR, since you have the "Car of Tomorrow" license too)? More importantly, will we be able to race A.I., pit, and customize oval races?

I'm just being blunt. What I really respected about your first game were two things: i) the guts it took to make it on the console; and ii) the support and fine tuning you committed to after release. The latter is rare these days in the console world.

Ovals.

1. Will you do the IndyCar license justice and include tracks like Pocono, Texas, and Iowa (you even mapped Richmond :inlove: which is where I am now...and Iowa, I believe). Those "bull rings" and high banks are critical to IndyCar.

2. If you decide to include more than 1-2 ovals, will they be linked to the IndyCar series (or NASCAR, since you have the "Car of Tomorrow" license too)? More importantly, will we be able to race A.I., pit, and customize oval races?

I'm just being blunt. What I really respected about your first game were two things: i) the guts it took to make it on the console; and ii) the support and fine tuning you committed to after release. The latter is rare these days in the console world.

OK, that was an elephant I wasn't expecting to be fair :)

We have a small subset of Indy courses but you can race the Indy cars anywhere and we have the largest collection of tracks ever in a game that also ships on consoles (we're furiously assessing compression technologies to get things to fit on a sensible number of discs). But no Richmond... Not yet at least.

We do have all of the cars, drivers and liveries.

On ovals, we have a few but we'll assess the market and interest and are very willing to do much more here if the punters want it. So many of them are short and very cost effective to model.

Thanks again for the support. We agreed to a monthly console and PC 'content update with patches' system that created an insane amount of work for us last time. This time we're shipping with a very extensive base and plan to update no more frequently than every few months.

I understand corporate-speak. Message received loud and clear. Thanks for the reply.

That's as far removed from 'corporate speak' as you can get. That would imply bullshitting. I'm telling you directly if there is an interest and it's financially viable, we'll do it...

Last edited:
That's as far removed from 'corporate speak' as you can get. That would imply bullshitting. I'm telling you directly if there is in interest and it's financially viable, we'll do it...

I implied nothing. It's your world Ian.

In other words, for non-bullshitters like yourself, ovals are a no-go, but so far you have determined there is no interest and are not "financially viable" to SMS, besides the obvious (Indy)...upon release. At least we have an answer.

I implied nothing. It's your world Ian.

In other words, for non-bullshitters like yourself, ovals are a no-go. At least we have an answer.

If you don't accept that the term 'corporate speak' carries some clear connotations (which I've referenced) then you're lying to yourself.

And I haven't said 'ovals are a no go' I've said we have a subset of the Indy tracks. We have 3 ovals and 3 road courses. But you can race the cars anywhere.

Last edited:
If you don't accept that the term 'corporate speak' carries some clear connotations (which I've referenced) then you're lying to yourself.

Way to lecture me Ian. Why do your appearances here always devolve into personal attacks? You are a "Chief Executive Officer" of a corporation. By law, you have an obligation to speak for your corporation, which you do in a very unique way. Any attempt to belittle end users is not a smart idea.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 79 12.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 57 9.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 64 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 37 5.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 91 14.5%