PC2 Project CARS 2 'Fun Pack' DLC Released Across All Platforms

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
PCARS 2 Fun Pack DLC a.jpg

Slightly Mad Studios have released the new 'Fun Pack' DLC for Project CARS 2, adding eight new cars and two circuits to both console and PC versions of the title.

Available as part of the season pass DLC for those that stumped up the cash up front, or retailing at £8.49 as a standalone DLC, the new release is packed full of.. you guessed it.. fun content. The clue is in the name, right?

Highlights from the first DLC for Project CARS 2 include two official WRX cars from the Citroën and Audi stable, bringing the Mattias Ekström Audi S1 and Petter Solberg Citroën DS3 to the game alongside two real world RallyX locations. Other highlights include a selection of iconic Group B cars and some hyper powerful American Muscle.. all with a distinctive off road feel.

PCARS 2 Fun Pack DLC b.jpg
PCARS 2 Fun Pack DLC c.jpg
PCARS 2 Fun Pack DLC d.jpg

Fun Pack DLC Contents

CARS
  • Ford RS200 Evolution (Group B)
  • Renault R5 Maxi Turbo (Group B)
  • Audi Sport quattro S1 (Group B)
  • Audi S1 EKS RX quattro
  • Citroën DS3 RX Supercar
  • Ford Bronco “Brocky”
  • Ford Mustang RTR Spec – 5D
  • Mustang '66 RTR
TRACKS
  • Classic Brands Hatch Rallycross
  • Barcelona Rallycross
LIVERIES
  • BAM eSport
  • Team Redline
  • Virtual Drivers by TX3
  • Japspeed Racing
  • F4H Motorsport
INVITATIONALS
  • Vintage Tourer Cup
  • Group B Bout
  • Historic Rallycross Gold
  • Trophy Truck Madness

Project CARS 2 is available now on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC.

Check out the Project CARS 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for more news, discussion and features on this sequel release to the hugely popular Project CARS franchise of games.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

Have you tried the new DLC yet? What are your impressions? Favourite car? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
CARS
  • Ford RS200 Evolution (Group B)
  • Renault R5 Maxi Turbo (Group B)
  • Audi Sport quattro S1 (Group B)
TRACKS
  • Classic Brands Hatch Rallycross

The demo of pCars2 left me wanting, wanting so much more in terms of AI (mainly) amongst other areas. But these cars - especially the RS200 - and the Classic Brands RallyCross where I spent a portion of my youth at Paddock Hill Bend watching it all unfold, these in VR would be Epic and worth a purchase alone
Now (finally) pCars2 may have twisted my arm, I will wait for the upcoming Winter Sale and decide though.

Love this DLC.
Fun fun fun in a credible and realistic way.
This comes to show how evolved are the physics and tyre model in PCARS2.
For me, right now the best in the market, just speaking of those two items.
Not even trying to compare in features and content.

My only grip with physics is when the cars go off the ground in crashes and it changes the model to Nvidia PhysX for performance. It needs some work to soften that transition, or even replace it.
But hey, we are not using it for crashes are we?

It's a shame some of the bugs affecting some people, but I know SMS are trying hard to solve everything.
Go SMS!

I wasn't really looking forward to this DLC as I'm not a rallycross fan. If I hadn't got the season pass I think I would have passed on this pack. But I am enjoying the Group B cars on the point to point tracks and the Bannochbrae street circuit. After watching Gamermuscle I must also try them on the Ring.

As a historical "purist" I struggle a bit with the 66 RTR Mustang. If you are going to do a TRANSAM Mustang then why not just do a TRANSAM Mustang rather than an RTR TRANSAM-inspired car? But hopefully I can overcome my prejudice and give it a proper go during the Christmas break.

I'm enjoying PCARS2 both for the career and some superb online racing with friends. I didn't buy the season pass at launch as I wanted to see how the game performed and progressed before spending more (the memory of the early PCARS days is not quick to fade). Good as PCARS2 is, this pack doesn't capture my imagination enough to buy either the individual pack or the season pass. Friends who have the pack say the cars and Brands RallyX are fun enough but I prefer race tracks and cars in PCARS2. The off-road stuff is enjoyable enough but personally, I prefer the dedicated off-road games for that sort of content.

I look forward to the next pack and some tracks and cars that make me want to buy into the season pass.

Colour me amazed at the amount of people who've taken the trouble to post and say they think it's :poop: ,or too expensive, or both. How negative can you get? Haters gonna hate I suppose...
And then moaning about what it costs, and maybe I'll wait till the winter sale etc, etc. I'm sick of having to read posts like this from these children. If they can't afford to pay for their hobby maybe they should get a job serving in Burger King, or delivering newspapers......? Or ask mommy for more pocket money :roflmao:
I pre-ordered PC2 in July with all the DLCs and bells and whistles for €80.00. So what?
For all the hours of fun that's peanuts. That's about what it costs me when I take my wife out to dinner.
Reading some of these wingeing posts here, I get the feeling the posters probably arn't old enough to have a wife, they're probably still living at home with Mama, dependant on their pocket money every week..:D
So, rant mode off, but I had to get it off my chest :thumbsup:

Why not? If the game is any good you save money, and if not the amount you've wasted isn't really world-changing. what what I do if I still had the €80.00? Take my wife out to dinner for one evening?

I didn't pre order.... I waited till a few patches...then got it for £26 plus season pass for £17.99........... you never ever save money pre ordering.
Also you need to calm down a bit as I have counted maybe 2 or 3 posts which say they won't be getting the DLC...why is that such an issue for you?
It's like some people imagine more negativity, its almost like people on the internet actually feed off negativity, so if its not there, they make it up.

I didn't pre order.... I waited till a few patches...then got it for £26 plus season pass for £17.99........... you never ever save money pre ordering.
Also you need to calm down a bit as I have counted maybe 2 or 3 posts which say they won't be getting the DLC...why is that such an issue for you?
It's like some people imagine more negativity, its almost like people on the internet actually feed off negativity, so if its not there, they make it up.

Why do project car fans get so defensive over their simcade game its always the simcaders, like Forza or GT Sport fans. They always get so defensive

@GuitarTech Don't get me wrong - I really wanted PC2 to do well. I mean on paper it's fantastic, graphics are great (although not much different to PC1) shame that it's still plagued with issues and that's more concerning given that it's so similar to PC1 in so many areas. It's not awful, but it's got plenty of issues. It's a bit of a ballsy move to ask folks to pay for a DLC when the core game is still unfinished with plenty of major issues (like AI for example). It should have been called PC1.1 IMHO as apart from some new content and bugs - it's not much different, and yet costs a small fortune.

I realise people like different platforms, some prefer hardcore sims, some prefer having light fun without thinking of tire temperature management all the time. Thus I'm not going to tell everyone what they should do with their money, but I can still say what I won't do with mine and why :)

PS: I don't need to ask my mama for pocket money anymore. And I don't need my mama to tell me that someone's fishing for some easy money from simracers.

@GuitarTech Don't get me wrong - I really wanted PC2 to do well. I mean on paper it's fantastic, graphics are great (although not much different to PC1) shame that it's still plagued with issues and that's more concerning given that it's so similar to PC1 in so many areas. It's not awful, but it's got plenty of issues. It's a bit of a ballsy move to ask folks to pay for a DLC when the core game is still unfinished with plenty of major issues (like AI for example). It should have been called PC1.1 IMHO as apart from some new content and bugs - it's not much different, and yet costs a small fortune.

I realise people like different platforms, some prefer hardcore sims, some prefer having light fun without thinking of tire temperature management all the time. Thus I'm not going to tell everyone what they should do with their money, but I can still say what I won't do with mine and why :)

PS: I don't need to ask my mama for pocket money anymore. And I don't need my mama to tell me that someone's fishing for some easy money from simracers.

Just like EA Fifa games, copy, paste, add a few more things, get some 'cool' people to advertise the product, annnnnnnnnnnnnnd then sell sell sell sell

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back