PC2 Project CARS 2 'Fun Pack' DLC Released Across All Platforms

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
PCARS 2 Fun Pack DLC a.jpg

Slightly Mad Studios have released the new 'Fun Pack' DLC for Project CARS 2, adding eight new cars and two circuits to both console and PC versions of the title.

Available as part of the season pass DLC for those that stumped up the cash up front, or retailing at £8.49 as a standalone DLC, the new release is packed full of.. you guessed it.. fun content. The clue is in the name, right?

Highlights from the first DLC for Project CARS 2 include two official WRX cars from the Citroën and Audi stable, bringing the Mattias Ekström Audi S1 and Petter Solberg Citroën DS3 to the game alongside two real world RallyX locations. Other highlights include a selection of iconic Group B cars and some hyper powerful American Muscle.. all with a distinctive off road feel.

PCARS 2 Fun Pack DLC b.jpg
PCARS 2 Fun Pack DLC c.jpg
PCARS 2 Fun Pack DLC d.jpg

Fun Pack DLC Contents

CARS
  • Ford RS200 Evolution (Group B)
  • Renault R5 Maxi Turbo (Group B)
  • Audi Sport quattro S1 (Group B)
  • Audi S1 EKS RX quattro
  • Citroën DS3 RX Supercar
  • Ford Bronco “Brocky”
  • Ford Mustang RTR Spec – 5D
  • Mustang '66 RTR
TRACKS
  • Classic Brands Hatch Rallycross
  • Barcelona Rallycross
LIVERIES
  • BAM eSport
  • Team Redline
  • Virtual Drivers by TX3
  • Japspeed Racing
  • F4H Motorsport
INVITATIONALS
  • Vintage Tourer Cup
  • Group B Bout
  • Historic Rallycross Gold
  • Trophy Truck Madness

Project CARS 2 is available now on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC.

Check out the Project CARS 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for more news, discussion and features on this sequel release to the hugely popular Project CARS franchise of games.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

Have you tried the new DLC yet? What are your impressions? Favourite car? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Hmm...so the tracks are infield layouts of tracks we already have? I like the Audi and I think the trophy truck madness could be fun. I wonder what vehicle you'll have for the trophy truck...is it just the Ford Bronco?

Jesus that's nearly half of what I paid for the broken game. Not interested. :thumbsdown: :poop: Its called a "fun pack" coz you are having a laugh SMS.

Last edited:
PCars2 was released 3 months ago. The console approval process takes out around one month. That means this DLC was submitted 2 months after the initial release...

Surely not all DLC content was produced within those two months anyway, team being busy with patching the existing content. Is it me only who thinks these were taken out of the original game and now being sold separately?

Looking forward to this pack as its got several cars of interest and 2 more rally tracks.

Bugs aside, ive found The Rally x content and driving experience alone has been worth the cost of admission
Loose surface driving in game feels fairly natural and familar to me compared to other titles I've tried.

Was really hoping a Rally X update to mp would have come with this update to allow practices and heats like iracing.....the current 1 race and done is pretty lackluster.

Hmm...so the tracks are infield layouts of tracks we already have? I like the Audi and I think the trophy truck madness could be fun. I wonder what vehicle you'll have for the trophy truck...is it just the Ford Bronco?

F150 I believe
Edit: nope different class by the looks of it....be nice to see a trophy truck from the Torq offroad series make it in one day

Last edited:
Well I paid £17.99 for the season pass on wingamestore and this DLC is £9 on steam... so to say i'm chuffed is an understatement...added to that the base game only cost me £26....happy days.

The Brands Hatch rally cross is a stroke of genius.

I personally will be purchasing this 'Fun Pack' as I like pC2...it's not my main Sim, but I do enjoy it especially for the Photo Mode.
...I wonder if, down the development track SMS will turn out a Rally Game to compete with DR / Dirt 4 and others etc as I think SMS has the skill level and graphics comparable to other Rally Game development teams....only thinking out loud...LOL

I personally will be purchasing this 'Fun Pack' as I like pC2...it's not my main Sim, but I do enjoy it especially for the Photo Mode.
...I wonder if, down the development track SMS will turn out a Rally Game to compete with DR / Dirt 4 and others etc as I think SMS has the skill level and graphics comparable to other Rally Game development teams....only thinking out loud...LOL

Not gonna lie I've been thinking the same since the first time I tried the Rally content and would love to see a full on Rally game by SMS......Live track 3.0 on a full rally stage, more Rally X tracks......DAMN!

Just tried Brands historic rally X and the Ford Bronco and it was an absolute blast :)
Track is extremely detailed and looks & drives amazing
The Bronco is a joy and handles like I would expect it too....Heavy, slow, understeers and plows through braking zones on pavement due to the Nitto Grappler tires and there big lugs....but finds it home and excels with excellent traction on the loose surface. A lot of throttle control is needed to get the vehicle rotating and keep the rear in a nice controlled drift, if you let off too much it will bog down and its weight will just kill the momentum.

Now to try the Audi S3 at Barcelona

Edit: The the S3 Barcelona track
Car is a blast to drive, similar to the other RX cars but has a few different personalities of its own.
Barcelona track is again done nicely and very detailed, especially the harder packed racing line on the loose surface which you can feel a difference when your on.
Really enjoy hanging the ass out and drifting around the last corner :p:D

Mustang 66 RTR.....wow what a workout....once you tune out the understeer of the boat its a joy to drive.

Last edited:
The Group B cars make this one. I've fallen for the Renault. The RS200 and Quattro are pretty even IMO. I actually expected to enjoy Brocky more. I like it, but I think I'll need to explore it some more. I'm not a drifter, so I don't really care for the Formula D Mustang. The other Mustang however is what I wanted for a long time. It's not a Shelby or a Boss, but this will do. The RX cars are like the rest of the class, they accelerate like they're on crack, and I fail to keep up with the car.

• ronniej

The other Mustang however is what I wanted for a long time. It's not a Shelby or a Boss, but this will do..
Agreed. Mustang '66 RTR:inlove:

*Disappointing to see a DLC release without important fixes to go with it though:confused:

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back