PC2 Project Cars 2 Available for Digital Pre-Order

Skidmeister

It's useless to put on the brakes when upside down
We are officially getting closer to the release of project Cars 2.
The digital pre orders have followed suit with the console versions and are now available for pre order on Steam.
Which version will you purchase, the Standard edition with the Japanese car pack?
Or the Deluxe Edition with the Japanese car pack and the Motorsports Pack?

Basically - I never pre-order. There is no point in giving money for something that might be completely awful. No matter who makes it, if it is a game, movie, console, book or whatever.
There is no commitment to keep the product if you use it less than 2 hours on Steam, so personally I prefer to form my own opinion rather than one formed by others. I only have one bad experience with a pre order for F1 2015, that didn't work at all for me even though several reviewer's praised it before the release. Plus you can save between 11 and 17% by pre-ordering this title, so I see no reason not to at this point.

There is no commitment to keep the product if you use it less than 2 hours on Steam, so personally I prefer to form my own opinion rather than one formed by others. I only have one bad experience with a pre order for F1 2015, that didn't work at all for me even though several reviewer's praised it before the release. Plus you can save between 11 and 17% by pre-ordering this title, so I see no reason not to at this point.

I can save more if I wait for the first steam-sale after release if that's my aim :)
Also, I believe that the dev/publisher actually lose money on the money-back policy as they still have all the Steam-fees but no income.
Lastly, you need to time your gaming, and do it within 2 weeks to get the money back. I have done it on some games before, but a sim with loads of content isn't something you get to test within 2 hours, some cars can be awful and others can be great.

Again, pre-orders are paying people for making good ads and to get a golden sticker to put on your car or something ridicilous thing.

I can save more if I wait for the first steam-sale after release if that's my aim :)

Yes you can, most of these titles go on sale in a year or two after release. And you can probably save $20 while a lot of people are enjoying it.:)

Also, I believe that the dev/publisher actually lose money on the money-back policy as they still have all the Steam-fees but no income.
That's not my problem if I am returning it because I don't like it.....:devilish:

Lastly, you need to time your gaming, and do it within 2 weeks to get the money back. I have done it on some games before, but a sim with loads of content isn't something you get to test within 2 hours, some cars can be awful and others can be great..

You are correct, no one will find every flaw or bug in any sim in 2 hours. But then again it's not like I'm financing a new house, this is a small entertainment purchase. When you go to the movies do you sneak in the back door to see if you like the movie, then pay after if it was good enough, or read the book and then want to return it because you didn't like it ??? If half (40) the cars were great, I would still buy it. ;)

Again, pre-orders are paying people for making good ads and to get a golden sticker to put on your car or something ridicilous thing.
No doubt people get paid for making good ads by ad agency's everyday. But what makes a sim a good purchase ? I believe after an hour in any game I know if I like it or not, and want to keep playing it.:thumbsup:

When you go to the movies do you sneak in the back door to see if you like the movie, then pay after if it was good enough, or read the book and then want to return it because you didn't like it ???

I'm the kind of person who actually don't go to the movies, and only buy them when they go cheap in the stores. There are so many great movies out there, I don't need to see the newest right away. Also, books - I use the library for that :)

I realize I am a quite cheap person, and we'll just have to agree to disagree on this. I hope the game is awesome :)

Ive been playing pcars alot lately getting ready for the release and actually enjoying it after 2yrs of tweaking :)
I had a few concerns regarding pcars 2 that looked to be addressed from the first title, tho one thing arised that i dont recall being mentioned......has the magnetic vehicle contact been addressed for pcars2?
If so ill most likely pre order the the deluxe version.
Edit: will the game support sli setups

Ive been playing pcars alot lately getting ready for the release and actually enjoying it after 2yrs of tweaking :)
I had a few concerns regarding pcars 2 that looked to be addressed from the first title, tho one thing arised that i dont recall being mentioned......has the magnetic vehicle contact been addressed for pcars2?
If so ill most likely pre order the the deluxe version.
Edit: will the game support sli setups
Not sure about the magnetic thing, but Pcars1 had sli day one so I would have to figure Pcars2 will also. Especially when I see their test setup running on triples. No way to achieve that with a single card. I have heard it will have proper support for triples this time too but cannot verify that myself.

Think of pre ordering Pcars 2 , cant remember when i last pre ordered haven't tried steam refund but on stand by to use it.
Whats the advantage of pre ordering on steam? its £45?

Yes, there's a small discount plus the car pack. It will be available for purchase at some point later, but it will cost money. If you know you are going to buy the game soon, it's best to pre-order.

Especially when I see their test setup running on triples. No way to achieve that with a single card. I have heard it will have proper support for triples this time too but cannot verify that myself.

I ran triples (1080p) on a 970, hardly exotic hardware. Certainly pcars is less demanding than RF2 for instance. I have seen screenshots (pc2) showing tools to enter size, angle and distance of screens so I believe it has triple support.

Note: my regular sims are iracing and Assetto Corsa.

just seen theres an ultra edition ...Ultra - £430 :confused::confused::confused::confused:

The ultra edition includes the collectors edition plus:
- A 1/12 scale resin model car (so not diecast)
- The McLaren 720S Sketchbook
- Project CARS 2 poster signed
- Individually-numbered, embroidered Snapback cap

That model is for collectors obviously, it's not the kind of model you give to a kid to smash around. These models go for ridiculous (to me) prices. But you need not worry about the Ultra version, there were limited numbers and they ran out really really fast. Unless you find someone who is selling theirs.

Well I think so too, I don't see the point in all these added items. But then again, in this site most of us have invested at least 300 in our hardware to be able to drive our toys, others who do not share our enthusiasm for driving will think we re throwing our money away.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 77 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 119 10.8%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 162 14.7%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 304 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 435 39.5%