PC2 Project CARS 2 announced with crowdfunding options

Project Cars 2.jpg

Slightly Mad Studios has officially announced a sequel to Project Cars today as Project Cars 2 is now official, and the WMD crowdfunding campaign has gone live.

Apparently the first big difference with the first title is that PCars 2 will feature off-road racing, along with Touge and Hillclimb events.

The crowdfunding tool-packs, which you can see on the WMD page, start from 50 British pounds and go all the way to 10,000 pounds.

Here's the shortlist of the PCars 2 features:
  • THE LARGEST TRACK ROSTER EVER – 50 unique locations and 200+ courses including ‘loose surface racing’ on dirt, gravel, mud, and snow. All will have dynamic time of day and weather allowing you to play anytime, anywhere
  • THE WIDEST VARIETY OF MOTORSPORTS with 8 different disciplines now including Rallycross, Hillclimbs, and Touge. 200+ cars from over 40 different vehicle classes including never-before-seen Concepts and Banned Race Cars
  • CO-OP CAREER – Play as the Teammate Driver, Spotter, Driver Swap, or Co-Pilot. More choices, more opportunities, more strategy, greater risks and greater rewards
  • SEAMLESSLY CONNECTED – Socialize and compete via Online Track Days, have players from around the world take the place of AI-controlled drivers in your solo play, and get news updates on the Driver Network around you
  • PRO ESPORTS RACING – Skill & Behavioural-based matchmaking, create your own Online Racing Leagues, and Live Broadcast and Spectator functionality
  • YOUR HOME FOR RACING – Your own personal, customisable Test Track to tune and test your cars. Invite others to showcase your passion for racing and learn race craft and engineering with the Project CARS Academy
Update: First videos already out on YouTube
Update 2: Videos have been removed from YouTube

Damn 6 disagree's on my first post. I really should of you know, kept quiet :D

Just one last thing though. If you're not happy with the crowd funding, don't donate money towards it ;)

I won't be donating, I'd rather crowd fund a food bank than shower of a game developer, seriously this should be a cheap add on to the current game, to me this admits they didn't do a good enough job on PC1

To me SMS/WMD's entire approach has been a lesson in how not to make a video game.

1. The ridiculous state this game was released in. There are games in alpha and beta right now that have far less issues than this game. Who let this game out the studio door with these issues?

2. The amount of hype that was doled out on blogs/forums (not here) etc was ridiculous and there was no way that the end product could even come close to the amount of hype that was represented. I may be in the wrong, but I feel it fell FAR short of the hype that was presented pre-release. I'm firmly disappointed in my purchase and wish I'd used the money instead to support other developers

3.Ian Bell's behavior has been outlandish and childish here, on the official forums, and elsewhere. After seeing what he's posted several places and his behavior, I won't buy PCars 2 even if it has every single car I want, every track I want, and every feature I want. I refuse to support a studio with a person like that running it and will instead give my money to other devs (ISI, Reiza, Sector 3, etc)

4. I understand development cycles but announcing crowd funding for a new game when your game has been out less than two months and has several issues that make it unplayable for many folks on the PC side of things is in poor taste.

Again, I may very well be wrong, but I will not be purchasing or supporting Project Cars 2 and will not purchase another SMS/WMD product for the reasons listed above. I'm 41 years old and have been disappointed a number of times in video games, but never quite to this point. I've never had a game in such a sorry state that I've paid for and it's no better now 2-3 patches in than it was the first time I played it.

Ian Bell, if you can hear this, then you are a goddamn hack. I am absolutely not kidding, this bit of news had made me figuratively cough up my own blood. God, it'd be funny if it wasn't pathetic. Oh, what the heck, here's my face when I read this bit of news:
53QpN0b.jpg

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back