Progression shout-out thread.

Yoeri Gijsen

Premium
I noticed while reading this forum that a lot of people are working on their licenses, ratings and standings, so I figured it might be a nice idea to have this one thread where you can shout out your latest marks, achievements and memorable moments.

So, let flow the "Yay, I got my D-license!"-'s, "Yeah, 2000 iRating!"-'s and "Whoohooo, my first victory!"-'s. ;)

Just joined on the 4th and am sooo addicted, so much better than public on race07 although still loadsa wreckers. Oval Q'd 10th and no wrecks in front for 3 laps, then a 5 car pile up that I dodged and then just kept it clean and 2 cars ahead touched and I passed them then the front 2 had separate incidents where one lost back end pushing too much and other got wrecked by a back marker. Rode my luck the whole race and first win!! Feels great! =D.

Still unsure how progression works, so I have to wait until end of month an make sure I have req SR right? Then I get class D?

Made it to B Class and got the 2000 irating award :)

Will probably lose irating again as last week I was in a couple races where drivers with very high (6000+) irating didn't finish, so giving me more irating than my laptimes are worth.

Did get the Corvette. Now that's a beast.

Just got my B class license, Just 0.48 safety rating to go, I am looking forward to my A class license. Spa is on the schedule however, 1x offtracks will probably hold me at class B. Looking forward to Motegi though, extremely boring track, but relatively good in terms of safety rating.

Could someone tell me how to get promoted again. Got out of rookies in both oval and toad but hoe do you progress from there. I assume you can fast track at SR of 4 but my MPR says I'm ready for promotion cos I've done the 4 races and SR is above 3. Is it at the end of the season?

Could someone tell me how to get promoted again. Got out of rookies in both oval and toad but hoe do you progress from there. I assume you can fast track at SR of 4 but my MPR says I'm ready for promotion cos I've done the 4 races and SR is above 3. Is it at the end of the season?

You can fast track out of rookies by increasing your SR above 4.00 or when you are above 3.00, you can wait until the next rookie promotions. Then you will promoted too.
That is in 3 or 4 weeks.

After completing your MPR requirements, go for 4.00 on your license, like Niel says.

Rookie promotions only apply to rookie license drivers, so since you're out of that already, it's either fast track or wait untill week 13 is over. I advice fast tracking depending on whether you want to progress quickly or wait a year to get from Rookie to A.

gonna make A in both street and oval next week, after that hoping to have some events with closer action rather than always having one eye on the sr rating :) Going to buy the Skip Barber and will do nine events there next season, quali and all, my first real series. This season I also managed to do my first 8 events in one series (Indycar road) so I can pick up a $7 refund when I buy some new stuff for next season. Love the idea of "getting" money by playing games, would be even better if you could cash it in for real, lol :)

Go go Eckhart. Good to see you're picking this up. Skip Barber is a great series to get the feel of iRacing and it's a good challenge as a car.

The credit systems is quite interesting as well. I've maxed out every season so far: earning $10 in iR credits. You can pick up $45 credit per year (including anniversary bonus), which will help you getting some of the content for free. I've hardly had to spent actual money on the game since I got to 100% content.

yep, I limit myself to max. three items each season and if I "earn" money there's room for another one :) This time round it will be the Skippy, Mid-Ohio and Suzuka, with Texas thrown in as an extra (now what do I need that track for ...)

those marketing guys certainly have me hooked, watch me flip and flop on the shore, gasping for breath :whistling:

After completing the last race of season for me in the Corvette at Road Atlanta I sit currently 1st in division 4 with about a 100 point lead. The 2nd and 3rd place drives need to score about 170-160 to catch me so hopefully that doesn't happen :). If all goes well this will be the first series that I have won. I have only participated in 3 series total so I am pretty excited about it!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 299 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 206 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 200 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 149 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 265 13.6%