Progression shout-out thread.

Yoeri Gijsen

Premium
I noticed while reading this forum that a lot of people are working on their licenses, ratings and standings, so I figured it might be a nice idea to have this one thread where you can shout out your latest marks, achievements and memorable moments.

So, let flow the "Yay, I got my D-license!"-'s, "Yeah, 2000 iRating!"-'s and "Whoohooo, my first victory!"-'s. ;)

Thank you, Mustang is a quite challenging car I have to say, very hard to drive properly. Like a brick on ice, really, but I love it. Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca on the schedule, really amazing track, I'm really looking forward to it (despite my amazingly slow 1.42 times, 1.34 being WR).

Never knew, until i was pressing buttons to see what was what, but i`m second in my division in the Street Stocks.

And only 53 points behind the leader! I was well chuffed :)

I love these street stocks. It`s a shame they`re such lowly ranked cars.

Laguna Seca with Mustang under 1.41 :D Iknow it's a terrible time, but it's the best so far and I'm very satisfied. It's my first week with Mustang (and third week in simracing) and I'm getting used to it. It's a beast, but I like to drive it and I'm not making so many mistakes anymore (too much throttle resulting in oversteer sometimes). The only thing I don't like is the OTM, because sliding is actually faster than a good line, which is a shame.

Anyway, here's my replay, I'd like to hear your advice and criticism please :) Thank you.

http://leteckaposta.cz/462357514 (Just click on the link at the bottom of the page, Czech hosting, but limitations-free)

I'm going to tame this beast!

slow in fast out, all you need to know, you said it yourself sliding is faster which is a shame but hopefully NTM will fix that

it is all about throtle control with this car, corner entry, slide near apex and watch not to give too much throtle, I usualy raise rear arb to soft or high (depending on track) which makes rear end slide even more but helps alot in tight corners when car is usualy understeering, of course when you are learning the car it is safer without rear arb

nice smooth lap, on few places you haven´t used "whole track" when you were sliding from apex but Laguna Seca is certanly not easy track (I still hate it from my rookie days), have fun with Stang!

Bah! My first Mustang race at Laguna Seca. Total piece of s hit. 4x contact during the rolling start. How can they even make so big mistake that it costs five cars their race while going like snails? I don't use tow (not real, not interested) so I had to pit in the second lap because my car was damaged so heavily that I was running one gear lower that usually all the time. Repairs went well and I ended 10th, just like I started. I was doing fine the whole race, I perfectly let the first guy pass, he thanked me, very nice indeed. Second one too. I was catching up on 9th and 8th (I managed to get from -40 to -15). The third hit my back during the last lap. 4x contact again. I spun, went offroad, he didn't even apologize motherf... Class A 2.50. I couldn't believe my eyes. 8x contact during one race beacuse of these stupid reasons (massive rolling start crash and A driver hitting my back in the last lap), well I'm a bit disappointed. +0.04 SR however, so that's good, but I could have at least +0.15 and I could have ended fifth or sixth.

Yeah and guess what was the reason for the first 4x contact massive crash? "I let the wheel go, I'm so sorry guys..." I almost fell from my chair.

http://members.iracing.com/membersite/member/EventResult.do?&subsessionid=4229207&custid=76741

so i just did the last race of the Martinsville week in the C-class NASCAR Trucks. And whell, what can i say about it..... I GOT MY FIRST TRUCK WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

started 3rd, had 2 inc and held of the chargers from behind by sticking to the inside line the whole way around for the last 20 laps :)

just made my A license on the ovals. Did a race at Talladega where I started 23rd out of 26. Came home in 2nd, 0.052 behind the leader after passing 2 cars on the last lap, 1 of them at the last inches :D
S23F2Talla.jpg

(im #20)

I ran two races in the A at Talladega... That was enough for me... People could not hold a straight line if you were to tell them I'll give you a $100 if you will hold your flippin line... hahahaha Both times I was taken out from the inside line guy coming up into the middle lane. I'm talking about past the lane stripes too... lol

Yeah, Joe, I was in a race with you. I got taken out so fast I couldn't even say "hi".

I've raced ~15 races of Dega this season between C and A class, and I'm totally over it. I don't understand how people can't drive the single easiest track in all of motorsports, nor can I find any fun in it whatsoever. If they fix the bump draft and get the high line working maybe, but right now it's just 80 minutes of follow the leader. I get mad when someone takes me out, but in clean races I'm dieing for someone to hit me just so I have something to react to.

I'm over it, see you in Week 12.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back