Progress update & AIW editing video

Brendon Pywell

Bob's Track Builder
Hi Guys,

Development on BTB is going slower than I would have liked with AIW editing being much more of a pain than I imagined it would be. I will be limiting what is supported to little more than what you see in this video. For more detailed work tweaking the AIW paths that BTB v0.8 produces, I suggest using the rFactor editor or the AIW/CAM editor by guitarman (see http://forum.racedepartment.com/bob...-beginners-guide-making-rfactor-aiw-file.html).

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zu-0HrLbyKI[/ame]

There is still more work to be done (export/save/load/convert) but unfortunately I can no longer be devoted to BTB full-time. Other project work that pays the bills takes priority hence I won’t be projecting any release date since that will fluctuate.

I will also take this opportunity to say sorry to anyone I’ve not emailed lately – I do intend to answer people but at the moment by inbox has more emails than I have time to answer. These forums still need to be the first place for support (other than license issues). Please help out by taking the time to read the sticky threads at the top of this forum.

Happy Track Building!!
Brendon.

Now this will be really helpful, AS SETTING UP GARAGES is the biggest pain in building tracks! Let alone the other little tidbits your adding ...
(I hope you can edit the Left path as well. If you coded the fast path, I would expect the left path code would be pretty much a clone of the fast path with a few functional changes?)

Thank you Brendon

Hi Brendon,

looking very good indeed!
As with DDawg, setting up garages are a real pain!

Slightly off topic though, i have spent a fair bit of time working on a "Background image" that blends well and I am happy within rfactor but would like to use it for BTB Evo.
Have you managed to come up with a resolution for BTB Evo yet to include a Background image!!!

By the way, the BTB WIP videos are really informative and I find, i rarely have to refer to the help file!

Cheers Brendon.

Hi Brendon,

looking very good indeed!
As with DDawg, setting up garages are a real pain!

By the way, the BTB WIP videos are really informative and I find, i rarely have to refer to the help file!

Cheers Brendon.

I cant really agree with setting up garages being a pain, as i just use ctrl, shift and arrow keys to move the cars around. But agreed that this little addition to BTB makes it easier, along with setting pits, grids and fast lines too :)

Also agreed on the videos being very useful. I too have yet to see the help files (i didn`t even know there were any!!)

Great work Brendon, i know you say you cant devote all your time to BTB, but please dont forget it altogether :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back