1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Profile problem

Discussion in 'F1 2012 - The Game' started by Chris Stacey, Feb 6, 2013.

1. Chris Stacey

Chris Stacey
    Ted Kravitz Appreciation Society Staff Premium Member

Hi all,
    I've got a problem with my F1 2012 profile, and was wondering if anyone knew of a fix or something. My profile didnt load up properly yesterday, after i tried to edit the F1 drivers / teams field in the database. So I reverted my database back to how it was, but the game still wont remember my profile, and asks me to create a new one.

Luckily i've got a backup of my save game, that i copy and paste when it doesnt work, however i really dont want to have to do this every time i want to play the game.

Basically what happens is this:
    Every time i start my computer up and boot F1 2012, the game wants me to create a new profile.
    This only happens when the computer has been powered off. If i start the game for a second time, (after putting the save files back in) then it runs fine. But, if the computer is restarted, and then F1 2012 is booted, it wont work.

I really dont know why this is happening. :(

Any help please?

2. Chris Stacey

Chris Stacey

It's as if restarting my computer makes the game wipe its' memory.

3. Chris Stacey

Chris Stacey

4. Chris Stacey

Chris Stacey

Dimos Kapourniotis

Thanks so much! I seem to have fixed it by creating a new profile with the same name as my previous one, then quiting, C+P my save game data into the remote folder, and it worked!

I can now restart my computer and my original profile loads up! Hooray!

SOLVED! (For now)

• Like Like x 1