1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Production car - engine tweaking

Discussion in 'RACE 07 - Official WTCC Game' started by Marian Zelenka, Oct 6, 2011.

1. Marian Zelenka

Marian Zelenka
    The downforce is strong with this one.

I'd like to tweak engine of Cadillac CTS-V. I want to downsize power and torque, also change gears. It should be used as a training tool for my mother. Last time she drove a car maybe 20 years ago. I know, it's a bit funny, but at least she won't wreck real car and we also have manual gearbox. It would be good to use even 5th gear for 100kph.

I looked into .eng file but there are weird power/torque values practicaly for every car. What do they mean?

Thanks for some advice.

2. In the engine, each step of the power curve takes 3 paramters in this order; RPM, Torque when throttle is fully pressed (in Newton-Meters), and torque when throttle is fully released (negative values simulate engine braking/friction/etc. again in Newton-Meters).

The gear ratios are stored in the .grb file I believe. For the production cars, there should only be 6 or so, as these aren't adjustable. In fact, in most of the production cars I've checked out (muscle cars included), the GRB file also has the real gear ratios commented out. In the event that they aren't, the gear ratios in production cars are very easy to find through a quick google search.

3. Marian Zelenka

Marian Zelenka

Thanks. I've just tried some tweaks and it looks like lot of work and tweaking. But it's not as easy as I initially thought.

4. What kind of car do you have irl? I might be able to look up some data for you, I enjoy doing things like that:)

5. Marian Zelenka

Marian Zelenka

I found data about our car, but it doesn't need to be accurate. Anyway, it's interesting to drive slowly for a change. Would be a good mod.

Looks like I need to change sounds too, because it sounds bad on low RPMs.