Procedurally Generated Rally & League - Stage Demo Pack #1

Tracks Procedurally Generated Rally & League - Stage Demo Pack #1 0.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
Th3HolyMoose submitted a new resource:

Procedurally Generated Rally & League - Stage Demo Pack #1 - 14.6km of Procedurally Generated Rally Roads divided in 2 stages

Procedurally Generated Rally Stages - Demo Pack #1 (v.02)

Over the past few months I've been working on a program that procedurally generates rally stages (or togue roads, hillclimbs, etc) in a nature environment, without requiring any work to be done by hand, other than configuring the location and stage settings!

It's now time for me to show what I've been working on, and to share what I hope to do with it in the future. You'll also find downloads for...

Read more about this resource...

Can't reply inside the reviews, but DIP and B.SIZE measure how the scene is split into objects. DIP is number of objects, B.SIZE is faces per object. If you look at official tracks they aim for about 1500 each (so 2.2 million triangles visible) on average. Usually ground grass is the highest faces per object.

Getting them closer to equal is more fps-friendly, just lets the renderer be efficient.

It does count the car as well but that's usually on the order of 200k faces, small compared to the track.

Just a question which came up watching you videos, what data does the tool need? Orientation data of course, but how are the trees placed and could it be possible t select areas where to place trees?

Just a question which came up watching you videos, what data does the tool need? Orientation data of course, but how are the trees placed and could it be possible t select areas where to place trees?

If we're talking fully procedural stages (like the ones here on RD and most of my videos), the tool doesn't need any data at all other than the textures for it to use, and some configuration files. The terrain is procedural, and so is the road generation as well, so it takes nothing to generate a new stage.

For real roads, the program needs road points to follow (download from OpenStreetMap, but gonna add Google Earth path drawing support as well), and elevation data (downloadable from a few places, but done automatically).

The trees are placed procedurally as well, following a set of rules to follow. For example, you can configure how the trees are placed depending on altitude, steepness of the terrain at each point, and more. The open areas you find in these stages are mostly caused by me also using so called cellular noise to create realistic looking open areas without trees in certain parts.

Amazing :thumbsup:

It is possible that after many years of modeling and hundreds of hours spent on the track was such an incredibly fast way of making tracks ????

I am currently using the Zaxxon method for modellers.
I would like to get acquainted with this program and test the conversion to RBR.

http://rbrtrack.blogspot.sk/

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 229 14.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 157 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 156 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 117 7.5%