1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Featured Procedural Racer Racecraft Reveals Further Development Screenshots

Discussion in 'Racecraft' started by Paul Jeffrey, Sep 6, 2016.

1. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    Sim Racing News Editor Staff Premium Member

Racecraft Development.jpg
    Racecraft developer Vae Victis Games have released yet more preview images of the continual development work being undertaken within their Camilla game engine, once again showing off the impressive trackside additions due to be added to the sim.

Utilising Procedural technology to generate literally endless combinations of track layout, one could accuse early Racecraft gameplay of being somewhat light on atmosphere. Because of the nature of the game, with random track generation, the circuits created did lack the vibrancy of crowds and trackside items found in real world locations. Vae Victis have acknowledged this criticism and have been working hard recently on updating the game engine, both to increase the graphical appeal of the title and also to flesh out the off circuit structures generated by Camilla.

A recent update has brought new shaders and slicker shadow generation to Racecraft, as well as populated trackside grandstands adding additional ambiance to the racing events. Work continues at the studio to further enhance the trackside structures, and as the recently released previews within this article show, it looks like progress is speeding along nicely indeed.

Racecraft Development 2.jpg

The next patch for Racecraft has yet to be announced, and as such no launch date is currently available. Keep an eye out at RaceDepartment for more news when it becomes known.

Check out the Racecraft sub forum here at RaceDepartment. Engage with your fellow community members and the development team behind this title. Catch all the latest news and join in the discussion yourself today!

Do you like the new look of Racecraft? Have you tried the game out for yourself? Let us know in the comments section below!
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2016
    • Like Like x 3
  2. psynusoid

Premium Member

I must admit that I'm quite tempted by the concept.
    Looking price wise at £15 its peanuts compared to the cash we have all shelled out on wheels/pedals/gear shifters/headsets/screens/graphics cards etc.....
    What does it actually drive like?
  3. Really good, I can assure you. ;)
  4. I think i asked before but asking again since i forgot, is there physical road mesh (noise/bumps/dips) on each track that is felt in FFB wheels? Decent physics where FFB weight transfer and FFB road noise/bumps is felt will be enough for me to buy and test it out. :)
  5. ouvert

Premium Member

proceduraly, randomly generated suzuka ? :)
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Lars Hansen

Lars Hansen
    RDs Ion-Engine....0-60 in six days. Staff Premium Member

Impressive screenshots. :)
    Still not my cup of tea, but that's mainly because I enjoy the immersion of a race-sim and there's little immersion in fictitious tracks no matter how good they may be.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Yes, it's different for each track. :)
    • Like Like x 1
  8. If it's randomly generated, it can't be Suzuka, but maybe a Suzuka-like circuit.
  9. ouvert

Premium Member

yep I know :) place ferris wheel to any track and it is suzuka :)
  10. Ah ah ah, ok. :)